Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 versus 12 and we still won...

Neil

10 versus 12 and we still won...

Jim O'Neill should not be allowed ref another game full-stop, especially not City games. The crazy thing is that he is so bad that we've almost come to accept the fact that he will try and shaft us.

Am I right in saying he was banned after the Bohs away game for not giving a penalty that his assistant was waving for for? Which was the second time this season that he was banned!

Terry Palmer should have gone for an exact same drag down of Flynny in the first half.

City players booked all over the place for god knows what?

The players were amazing last night. They deserve all the credit they get.

George has to be offered a bumper contract for the rest of his life. He's a legend.

I wasn't exactly jumping with joy when Derek re-siggned but his presence lat night made a difference.

Well done Pat DOLAN. Doing a fine job.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Too right Neil in relation to O'Neill.

A guy in front of me in The Shed said at one stage "we must be the only Team in the league who get screwed at home".

I would love to know what happens to incompetant idiots like him when the referee's accesor puts in his report each game. Pat Kelly lives near me...... I must ask him sometime.

Everyone was laughing ( nervously ) beforehand when we saw him run out at the start of the match wondering how much he was going to screw up tonight..........how right we were.
    Irish by birth,
    Cork by the grace of God.

thecorner
    sure kelly is another l@NGER, JUST LIKE BUTTIMER. U THINK WHEN WE R AT HOME WE MITE GET A FEW 50-50 DECISIONS

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by Counting Crow
    I would love to know what happens to incompetant idiots like him when the referee's accesor puts in his report each game. Pat Kelly lives near me...... I must ask him sometime.
    In my book Kelly is the real villain of the piece. he's letting these "referees" away with substandard performances time and again. I wonder who's paying him an how much he's getting- the guy is a w@nker of unbelievable proportions

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i thought jim o'neill did ok.

what did he do wrong???

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    He didn't send off Terry Palmer in the first half, he booked Dan Murray for giving the ball back to Barry Ryan to take a kick out. There was a huge amount of other more minor incidents but I can't think of them at the mo.
    I'm gonna take a blow torch to everyone who writes "any info on......." on the desks in the ucc library.

Who's with me

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    re: Dan Murray yellow card.

Barry Ryan placed the ball for the free kick, he looked up to see who he'd pick out and Dan Murray kicked the ball away.

He then went over and picked the ball and threw it to Ryan when he saw Jim O'Neill going for his pocket.

He tried to prevent Ryan from taking the free kick quickly and he succeeded.

A Shamrock Rovers player whose name doen't come to me right now was booked for standing in front of a free kick.

Two players on the two teams were booked for the same thing.

re: Terry Palmer

John O'Flynn wasn't in full speed towards goal with no other player anywhere near him apart from Palmer unlike Glen Fitzpatrick.

Devine was on his way from his goals towards GF whereas BR wasn't involved.

He did give Palmer a yellow card.

Any other questions?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ref, U being one of the men in black, how do you rate the refs in the league in general.
    Jim O'Neill for most people is one of the most inconsistant. If you were Pat Kelly what would you be doing to make refs better and to raise the standard??
    This isn't being smart...is a genuine query!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Indicitated four, but plkayed 6 1/2 mins of added time.

Gave freekicks for nothing challanges against both sides. He was trying to make it non-contact at times.

Advantage, really messed up here, he was more playing disadvantage, blowing at times when he shouldnt have and letting play run when it would have been more of an advantage to stop it.

I think Palmer should have walked, he was the last man and he denied Flynn a goal scoring oppertunity, in my book thats a professional foul.

Foul Throws, does the man know they exist for Dublin teams? Rovers full back, every throw he took almost was a foul throw but of cousre Jimmy got Hoggie for it later on.

I normally dont like to dwell on Refs, especially when we win but Jim O'Neill has tried to shaft us so many times this season, Bohs, Rovers and the Waterford game where he was 4th Official, Im sick of it.
    Oh no not them again

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Ref
    [B

John O'Flynn wasn't in full speed towards goal with no other player anywhere near him apart from Palmer unlike Glen Fitzpatrick.

[/B]
    he was still the last man heading towords the goal and palmer was the last man straight red according to the rule book ! and how come rovers players werent booked for off the ball incidents thre was two or three times when city players were assalted and the ref only gave a free kick
    soccer isn't a matter of life or death its more important than that!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question

O'Neill was a joke alright. The thing that got me most wasn't Benno's sending off or Flynny's penalty claim, it was in the first half when the rovers right full went to clear the ball, Georgie jumped and turned his back to it and the ball hit him.

O'Neill awarded a free out.

Why?

He did everything in his power to screw City over, fortunately the powers of the dark side just weren't strong enough.
    Whatever it was I am sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Maybe in their own way the darker powers were thinking - right City and Rovers, for once a non-Dublin ref...but then that only leaves the one and only Jimmy O' Neill.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Ref

Barry Ryan placed the ball for the free kick, he looked up to see who he'd pick out and Dan Murray kicked the ball away.

He then went over and picked the ball and threw it to Ryan when he saw Jim O'Neill going for his pocket.

A Shamrock Rovers player whose name doen't come to me right now was booked for standing in front of a free kick.

Any other questions?
    No questions but two corrections.
    Dan did not kick the ball away from Ryan - it was another City player. Dan was actually repairing the damage by giving it back to Ryan, presumably to prevent his teammate being booked. The problems with that incident are that Jim booked the wrong player and that it took a double-block from the Shams player in the earlier incident to get the booking (see below!)

The Shams player who was booked for blocking George's freekick was not booked for doing it once - he actually had to repeat the offence (the same freekick) before Jim carded him. Well done for George for taking the kick twice so quickly

Add to all this Colin T's booking for doing no more than Rennie had been doing from the kick off......mouthing off. Was Rennie booked for that?
    Last edited by SSS; 16/08/2003 at 3:25 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Ref
    Any other questions?
    Who spiked Jim's water before the Kildare County v Dublin City match last week. I hate seeing him Ref a game, anyone else would do. He has no comprehension of fair play. I wouldn't say he played soccer to a high level.
    Any condescension detected in this post is fully unintentional and is solely the perception of the reader. If I think you're an idiot, I'll tell you that. You won't need to intuit it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Just a question: when O'Neill gives a pathetic ref'ing display, youse give out about him cos he's an idiot and a crap ref (and I agree, he is). When McDemott or McKeon, etc give an equally pathetic ref'ing display youse give out abouth them cos of "Dublin bias".

Is it not more likely that this "Dublin bias" is a figment of paranoid imaginations and that the truth is rather more mundane - they're just ALL crap?
    Revenge for 2002

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Originally posted by Ref

He did give Palmer a yellow card.

Any other questions?
    Fair play ref if your playing devils advocate but in all fairness, the man gets away with murder. You can look at any incident and possibly get two different version in some cases.
    But he made some desicions which you just cant defend. I also dont like to harp on about the ref because i would rather win a game with whatever the ref throws at us aswell, that way it is a far more convincing win.
    But to say that he had a perfect game or even an average game is not fair. Bottom line .... ALL officals should remain impartical and not be biased ..... that was not the case last night from where i was sitting anyway.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    How come O'Flynn was not awarded a penalty in the first half ?
    the Scum player must have thought he was over in Musgrave park with all the other mullockers.
    John was fouled about 5 times inside the box in that attack alone, O'Neill was right up with it, yet ignored the blatant fouling.
    Last edited by patsh; 18/08/2003 at 2:29 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    and lets not forget another appalling piece of refereeing that nobody else has mentioned...

just after we had our "second" goal disallowed right at the end, Rovers took the free out while the Jimmy wasn't even looking.... and when he turned around eventually and copped onto what was going on...he blew a few times for rovers to come back and take it again... but they were so far up the field at this stage that they pretended they didn't hear it, and Jimmy just said "screw it like" and threw his hands into the air and waved play on!!

FFS like!! If Rovers scored from that attack!!
    Jack

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Dr.Nightdub
    Just a question: when O'Neill gives a pathetic ref'ing display, youse give out about him cos he's an idiot and a crap ref (and I agree, he is). When McDemott or McKeon, etc give an equally pathetic ref'ing display youse give out abouth them cos of "Dublin bias".

Is it not more likely that this "Dublin bias" is a figment of paranoid imaginations and that the truth is rather more mundane - they're just ALL crap?
    Indeed they are mostly crap most of the time.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i can't reply to all those comments so;

1 - he played 4 minutes injury time according to my watch.

2 - someone said "I wouldn't say he played soccer to a high level." neither have most referees in the world!! why else would they be referees???

3 - if you can do better:

Referees Beginnners Course.

Area: CORK

Venue: Rochestown Park Hotel.

Date: Saturday 30th August

Time: 9am to 4:30pm

E-mail: isrscork@hotmail.com or referees@fai.ie
    or Phone: Darren Coombes 01-7037535, Bill Falvey 021- 4894006.

Choose the sport within a sport, be a football referee.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast