Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10 versus 12 and we still won...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Lads O'Neill was inept, not biased.

The Palmer thing was not a sending off. The second goal was offside. We had 3 appalling offsides given against us in the first half (ie 2-3 yards on). While O'Callaghan should've been booked for standing in front of at least 3 free kicks-though our players were too dopey to kick the ball against him.

Dr Nightdub's point is fair enough, but it should be pointed out that McKeon and McDermott are supporters of Shels and Pats respectively, using a bit of common sense in relation to using them for games involving those two clubs wouldn't go amiss.
    EL grounds are like good episodes of The Simpsons, no matter how many times you see them they're still funny

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I agree with the Dubs on this one. The l**nger isnt biased, he's just a crap ref. I think the same can be said of the dub refs we get too when playing against dub teams. It's not that they are favouring the dub team, they are just really bad at their job. The whole EL has gotten alot better in the past few years, better teams, better stadiums, more professional attitudes. But the referees are dragging the whole thing down. Maybe we should do away with them completely...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Originally posted by TommyT
    but it should be pointed out that McKeon and McDermott are supporters of Shels and Pats respectively,
    Although he may be a Pats fan, I think this works against us as he tries to prove how "independent" he is by giving nothing to Pats... but like you said they're not biased they're just ****...
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

b_mcsweeney

o'neill, not biased just brutal

whatever about other referees, i've seen o'neill enough to know that he isn't biased, he's just rubbish. i mean, seriously, at times he doesn't even seem to know the rules and just makes stuff up. that bit in an earlier post about him blowing for rovers to retake the kickout and then just changing his mind and letting them get on with it sounds like par for the course in my experience. everytime i go to a game and see him as ref, i just sit back and wait for the crap to hit the fan. i challenge any football fan to watch 90 minutes reffed by the bloke and not be annoyed, regardless of the outcome. of course instead of being demoted or sacked like he should be, hes elected to the fifa panel. well done jimmy.

as for other refs, at times it seems like they're giving decisions against city without being complete incompetents, which is where the bias thing comes from. of course, its probably overstated, but where would football be without a bit of paranoia like!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Yeah O'Neill is just too bad to be biased - in fact i don't think he good enough to actually show bias as at times he does not appear to know what is going on around him.

http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Dr.Nightdub
    Just a question: when O'Neill gives a pathetic ref'ing display, youse give out about him cos he's an idiot and a crap ref (and I agree, he is). When McDemott or McKeon, etc give an equally pathetic ref'ing display youse give out abouth them cos of "Dublin bias".

Is it not more likely that this "Dublin bias" is a figment of paranoid imaginations and that the truth is rather more mundane - they're just ALL crap?
    When o neill gives a pathethic referee-ing display its the same as a dub ref,its still dublin bias,(when were playing a dublin team obviously).

Sure dont you know he is actually from Junkie-land?
    If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    When it comes to O'Neill I'm with Nightdub and Pete. Far and away the worst ref in the EL, i don't think he's biased though, if anything he's diplomatic; he goes out of his way to cancel out one bad decision by giving the opposition an equally bad one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12