Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: posted by harps fan on el board

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

posted by harps fan on el board

Limerick V Harps
    August 14 2003 at 12:32 PM Mr T (no login)
    from IP address 213.190.147.82

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just heard our upcoming clash with Limerick is on a Thursday night at 6.30 pm

Lads, can somebody not tell Limerick FC that they are slicing a substantial chunk off their gate by playing this game midweek. We'd have a much bigger away support on a Sat or Sun, esp as everybody is curious to see Pike, with several people needing it to complete their LOI grounds CV.

We should still have a bus on the Thursday, but not nearly as many.

TG

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

fair point

Mr T is correct in his post when he writes this. For some hair brained idea the com. pulled this out of the bag at the start of the season, against most supporters advice who favoured a Friday night group of games. Friday night was a great night to have the games when we were in Rathbane. On the night the supporters club was being formed we asked the then chairman of the club MOS if the games could be put to Friday night as it would double our gate. His responce was that as the break was comming up for the special olimpics there was only two more games to be played between now and then so there wouldn't be a point in changing them to Friday. And come September it was going to be Sunday kick offs.
    Now none of us at the meeting had the list of fixtures with us at the time but i think and i will check this, there was in fact 5 games to be played which should have been changed to Friday which the vast majority of the supporters wish it to be. Thats 5 times 4/500 persons roughly at 8 euro a head. The Limerick/Finn harps game should be changed even at this late time if not for the limerick fans then for the Harps fans to make there now annual trip with there 200 or so supporters.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    I made this point when the season started and it still holds water, more silly games, why not switch to Sunday a game earlier? As it happens, I doubt I'm around on the Thursday either but that has nothing to do with my stance (well it does really but it still makes no sense playing Harps midweek!)
    The ball is round and has many surprises.