Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Seamus Coleman

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    sorry but that's crap. he cost 60k (i think) and in the next year or so they hsould get another 25k. surely they had other clauses. % of next transfer? he's just signed a new contract too so i hope sligo got something for that....... this is terrible money. how long did he have on his contract before he left?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchman View Post
    sorry but that's crap. he cost 60k (i think) and in the next year or so they hsould get another 25k. surely they had other clauses. % of next transfer? he's just signed a new contract too so i hope sligo got something for that....... this is terrible money. how long did he have on his contract before he left?
    In fairness why are you ranting about somthing you obviously no little about. I personally think the club done some very professional business with Seamie and got probably about as much as they could for him.

The main thing that has to be remembered here is that when Seamie signed (with 1 year left on his contract) with Everton, they were the only team offering Sligo Rovers cash for his signature. Celtic and a PL team were interested in taking him on loan but that was all. For this reason the club negotiated very well and have done well out of Seamie.

60K signing on fee +
    1st team appearence bonus +
    10 game appearence bonus +
    International cap bonus +
    Pre season friendly with Everton when he signed his new contract.

Thats good business in my opinion and it pi**es me off to hear people runing down Rovers because of 'how little' they got for him. He could have easily gone to Everton and been crap (or injured as nearly happened) and we would have had 60K in our pockets. Thats the chance clubs take all the time.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

3. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    sorry about that. what I meant was that if ye only got 60K for him then it would have been crap......which is not the case. i wasn't trying to run down rovers and my post was more in question form stating that maybe he had very little time left on his contract etc.... sorry for any insult incurred.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts
    COLEMAN PLAYS DOWN BALE COMPARISON
    Posted 06/01/11 16:08
    EmailPrintSave

Scunthorpe v Everton. Click here to bet.

Everton believe they may have found their own Gareth Bale in Seamus Coleman but the player himself is keen to play down the comparison.

Coleman was likened to the Tottenham flyer by managers David Moyes and Harry Redknapp after a superb display in the Toffees' 2-1 win over Spurs at Goodison Park last night.

The Irish winger outshone Spurs left-back Bale on the same flank and settled a compelling Barclays Premier League encounter with a 75th-minute winner.

Bale's night ended as he succumbed to a back injury just before the hour but the Welshman has been one of the stars of the season and Coleman was flattered to be compared to him.

The 21-year-old said: "That is a great compliment. I won't let it get to my head but it is great to hear those compliments. Hopefully I can build on it.

"I am learning more every week. At the start of a game I have a battle with the left-back, I get my head down and try to get past him.

"I'm not in awe of anyone. I want to get on that pitch and get my head down and I don't look around admiring other players."

Everton boss Moyes was more effusive when discussing the youngster he snapped up from League of Ireland side Sligo Rovers in the January transfer window two years ago.

The Scot said: "Rightly so everyone should talk about Gareth Bale because he is an outstanding talent.

"He has got everything about him but if think if you want to talk about a wide player after this game, you should talk about Seamus Coleman.

"He would be the one on my lips if I was a neutral.

"He did great, he scored a goal and should probably have scored another one."

Spurs manager Redknapp admitted Coleman had been a thorn his side throughout the game.

Redknapp said: "Gareth gives us an outlet - pace - like the boy Coleman does for them.

"When someone is willing to run and run it is difficult and he was always an outlet for them."

Everton took an early lead as Louis Saha struck his first league goal in 11 months with a powerful 25-yard shot.

The outstanding Rafael van der Vaart equalised for title-chasing Spurs soon after and both sides squandered a number of chances to go ahead before Coleman eventually headed in.

Everton's performance was full of attacking intent and the win has the potential to kickstart their season after just four victories in their previous 20 games.

Coleman added: "Three points, before the game that's what we wanted.

"I think you could say the lads were up for it. We chased everything and got the three points.

"It is a great win but we don't want to look too far ahead because of the way we have been going.

"We are going to look to Saturday in the FA Cup at Scunthorpe and take it one game at a time."

Defeat, Tottenham's first in 12 games, could have been damaging for Redknapp's side as they looked to consolidate their place in the top four.

As it turned out, however, they could take consolation from the fact they remained in the final Champions League qualifying position due to yet another Chelsea loss.

The Londoners will now turn their attention to the FA Cup, in which they reached the semi-finals last year, and Sunday's third-round tie against Charlton at White Hart Lane.

Spurs may still have the resumption of the Champions League to look forward to in the spring but captain Michael Dawson intends to take the FA Cup very seriously.

The defender said: "Every competition we play in - the Carling Cup, FA Cup, Champions League - are big competitions and you always want to play in them and do as well as possible.

"Obviously it was heartbreak at Wembley last year but there's a chance we can do it this year, so let's hope we can.

"You're progressing in the league and have got into the Champions League, but you want to be winning trophies and getting medals around your neck as well don't you?"

The tie offers an opportunity to rest players but Redknapp admits there is little flexibility.

He said: "We are not overloaded. We have got a few who can come in and play but we have got injuries. It's not like we can make wholesale changes."

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Just checked Everton Official Website to learn if Seamie scored today and of course he did
    I clicked on his name to read his profile and I'm now puzzled.
    He's sponsored by none other than Sean Connor.
    Is this for real or has the EOW being hacked?

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clubman View Post
    Just checked Everton Official Website to learn if Seamie scored today and of course he did
    I clicked on his name to read his profile and I'm now puzzled.
    He's sponsored by none other than Sean Connor.
    Is this for real or has the EOW being hacked?
    I believe it is true that Sean Connor has sponsored him.. I read this somewhere about this clubman..
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Coleman signs new deal with Everton

Coleman signs new deal with Everton

Thursday, 20 January 2011 13:15
    Everton winger Seamus Coleman has signed a new four-and-a-half-year contract, the club have announced.
    Striker Victor Anichebe has also signed a new four-and-a-half year deal with the club.
    Coleman joined Everton for £60,000 from Sligo Rovers in January 2009. He was then loaned to Blackpool in March 2010 and played for the Tangerines in their 3-2 play-off final victory over Cardiff at the end of last season.

The Donegal native has been brought in to Republic of Ireland squad on one occasion but is as yet uncapped at senior level. He has impressed this season when operating both at right back and on the right of midfield for the Toffees.
    Coleman and Anichebe are now committed to Goodison Park until the end of the 2014-15 season.

The news gives Everton a lift following the loss of influential midfielder Steven Pienaar to Tottenham earlier this week.
    Coleman, 22, signed his previous contract only last season but has been rewarded for his outstanding form during the current campaign.

He has been one of David Moyes' most reliable players this term and has scored five times.
    Academy product Anichebe, also 22, would have been out of contract in the summer.

The Nigeria forward has been hampered by injuries over the past two seasons and had been linked with a move away from the club.
    However, Moyes has acted quickly to tie him to a new deal following Pienaar's departure.

With Ayegbeni Yakubu having also joined Leicester on loan, Moyes, who has little funds to recruit, can ill afford to lose many more players.
    Moyes has said he must concentrate on the loan market in order to bring players in this month, but it remains to be seen if fees received for Pienaar and Yakubu allow him more flexibility.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts
    Feck, shag all hope of getting him on loan now. We'll probably end up with some ejit like Tim Cahill.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Was mentioned on RTE tonight that a cap for Coleman against Wales will benefit Sligo to the tune of 30 grand.

You may all know this already, but if not, good news.

12. Thanks From:

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930