Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greece v Spain tickets

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Greece v Spain tickets

Im flying into Salzburg with my brother the night before the Greece v Spain group match on June 18th. Might anyone know with experience of major tournaments should it be difficult to get tickets on the day at decent prices. I know for a fact the Greece and Spain have not brought many fans and are possibly the poorest supported teams at the tournament.

Is it naiive to think we might get two tickets or should we just go and enjoy it in the fanzone?
    RIP JOHNNY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deecay View Post
    Im flying into Salzburg with my brother the night before the Greece v Spain group match on June 18th. Might anyone know with experience of major tournaments should it be difficult to get tickets on the day at decent prices. I know for a fact the Greece and Spain have not brought many fans and are possibly the poorest supported teams at the tournament.

Is it naiive to think we might get two tickets or should we just go and enjoy it in the fanzone?
    Good choice of game from a ticket perspective.

Tickets appear to be scarce enough so far according to my brother who is out there.

However I'd be amazed if you can't get 2 for this one (2 together might be a bit harder).

Go early to the ground and keep asking. Certainly come kickoff the prices should drop dramatically if not before. You may need to wait until close to kickoff. I'd definitely recommend trying your best to go rather than just go to the fanzone.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    I'm attempting to get two tickets for the final. People have told me all will depend on who gets through the knockouts as a lot of the tickets are in voucher form and rely on team X getting through to the final (if the team doesnt make it the voucher can exchanged at a UEFA booth for a refund to the value of the official ticket cost)... It's still a bit of a snowflake in hell's chance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    I was just looking at the capacitys of the grounds yesterday, there all very low in fairness!!, Most are around 30,000.
    There's the right way, the wrong way.... and the Max Power way!! :-D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I was watching the build up for the Spanish game on telly yesterday and they where on the fan mile in Innsbruck and it was full of Spanish and that was about an hour and a half before kick off. I reckon there is loads there themselves without tickets. The Greeks on the other hand if they loose against Russia I reckon many of them will be more than willing to sell their tickets to get something back on an expensive trip.

Check in the Irish Pubs, O'Mally's and The Shamrock they might be able to help you. The Fan Mile is in the Square behind the pub's

I hope Spain win this group as I have a ticket for the 1/4 Final Winner D v Runner Up C
    Pull my finger!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_barry80 View Post
    I was watching the build up for the Spanish game on telly yesterday and they where on the fan mile in Innsbruck and it was full of Spanish and that was about an hour and a half before kick off. I reckon there is loads there themselves without tickets. The Greeks on the other hand if they loose against Russia I reckon many of them will be more than willing to sell their tickets to get something back on an expensive trip.

Check in the Irish Pubs, O'Mally's and The Shamrock they might be able to help you. The Fan Mile is in the Square behind the pub's

I hope Spain win this group as I have a ticket for the 1/4 Final Winner D v Runner Up C
    Typically the Spanish don't travel in big numbers. However the same is true of the Portuguese and they have big support in Switzerland due to a lot of ex pats living there.

The Irish bars are worth a shout all right but I reckon the best chance of a ticket is outside the ground and probably close to kickoff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    In japan and korea there seemed to be tickets available for a lot of games beforehand. Id say you've a good chance but dont haold out for 2 together as previously posted. An awful lot of tickets were bought as a venue specific ticket, so the purchaser had no idea who were even in the group and may well only go to 1 or 2 of the games in the stadium.

As regards the voucher system, this is a team specific ticket which we had in Japan. Basically all nations are allocated a fixed amount of team specific tickets, it was I think 7,000 per team in Japan. This means potentially 14,000 tickets for every game were pre sold for each game, and when your team were knocked out you got a refund of the unused tickets. If 2 poorly supported teams get to the final they may not have bought thier full allocation of team specific tickets, then these may be available for general sale.
    Fair Play died Nov 18th 2009, Stade Francais.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hopefully with the two results from tonight, tickets might be a bit easier to grab hold of.
    RIP JOHNNY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    My brother is still out there and tickets so far seem to be scarce for every match.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    FWIW there are loads of tickets available outside Switzerland v Portugal.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    we arrived in Salzburg this evening and got talking to people in the hostel about tickets. a group of Spaniards told us they got tickets for about €50 each. so were heading out to the stadium in the morn on the look out for tickets

(btw i HATE austrain keyboards)
    RIP JOHNNY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    good luck deecay!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    got 2 tickets this morning, so were relieved. €150 for 2 along the side of the pitch and not at the end. got the fella down from €200 and ther worth €160 so it looks good overall. went out to the stadium this morning and it looks pretty poor. security very tight aswell but the transport system is working a treat. hopefully the game will be good aswell. for €150 it better be
    RIP JOHNNY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deecay View Post
    got 2 tickets this morning, so were relieved. €150 for 2 along the side of the pitch and not at the end. got the fella down from €200 and ther worth €160 so it looks good overall. went out to the stadium this morning and it looks pretty poor. security very tight aswell but the transport system is working a treat. hopefully the game will be good aswell. for €150 it better be
    Well done Enjoy. Still not the same without your own country being there.

A mate was offered 2,000 euro by a Dutch fan for his ticket for the France game last Friday night.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gspain View Post
    Well done Enjoy. Still not the same without your own country being there.

A mate was offered 2,000 euro by a Dutch fan for his ticket for the France game last Friday night.
    I would never sell a ticket beyond face value, but also if I was in your mates position and had a ticket I wouldnt want to sell it full stop - Id just want to go to the game.

However, being there as a neutral and knowing that a genuine Holland fan was desperate for that ticket (so much so that he was willing to part with 2000yoyos) - Its a dilemma? I mean if it was roles reversed and Ireland were playing, Id be praying that the dutch guy had some empathy for the Irish fan desperate to see his countrys match and sold me the ticket!
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    I would never sell a ticket beyond face value, but also if I was in your mates position and had a ticket I wouldnt want to sell it full stop - Id just want to go to the game.

However, being there as a neutral and knowing that a genuine Holland fan was desperate for that ticket (so much so that he was willing to part with 2000yoyos) - Its a dilemma? I mean if it was roles reversed and Ireland were playing, Id be praying that the dutch guy had some empathy for the Irish fan desperate to see his countrys match and sold me the ticket!
    I should make it clear he didn't sell and still went to the game.

He also said that if he had a spare it would have been sold at face value to the guy.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    just back from the game. really enjoyable. were were in the bottom left corner in the upper tier so were beside all 3 goals and got a brilliant view of them all. electric atmosphere at the game with the two groups of supporters on top form. really enjoyed salzburg, a friendly and very welcoming city. flying back to dublin tomorrow and back to the real world of work on friday

forgot to mention aswell the name on our tickets was Richard Sadlier
    Last edited by deecay; 18/06/2008 at 10:39 PM.
    RIP JOHNNY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    well - I'm flying out on Monday for a couple of days in Liechtenstein before heading to Basle - as I have a ticket for the first Semi-Final (either Portugal or Germany vs. Croatia or Turkey)

Then back on Thursday night in time to head up to Rhyl on the Friday for the weekend for the Intertoto game against Rhyl

Can't wait
    Kom Igen, FCK...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Going to Vienna via Bratislava in the morning for Croatia v Turkey and Spain v Italy.

Flights 108 euro
    ryanair bus to Vienna 14 euro return
    Hotel 40 euro per night for 3 nights
    tickets 145 euro (includes fees)

Although I'm sure Ray Treacy or 747 would have done it cheaper for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gspain View Post

Although I'm sure Ray Treacy or 747 would have done it cheaper for me.
    I'm sure this is what you meant!
    Tact is for people who are not witty enough to be sarcastic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast