Quote Originally Posted by forza rovers View Post
    i doubt it will be the grave of irish football like the bowl
    Hence the joke...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buller View Post
    The last PP as far as I know was indeed 6,000. (ie: just 2 stands)
    When we're completing the full circle we seek PP again...

20 games? We can play up to 40 a year afaik.

PM me your email address if you want pics/plans
    Yes, your figure of 40 sounds right. I had it in my head you were being squeezed with fixtures as much as capacity.

If you don't mind I will pass on reading future planning applications because as you know, stuff changes.
    " I'll go right up to here,
    it can't possibly hurt.
    All they will find is my
    beer and my shirt."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarpoJoyce View Post

If you don't mind I will pass on reading future planning applications because as you know, stuff changes.
    They haven't changed once since 1997!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    The oringal plans were for a 360 degress oval shaped stadium, but to appease the various objectors the capacity was reduced to 6000ish by chopping the two ends out of the plans. If the stadium is ever completed as per the original plans it would a 10000ish seater stadium.

bhs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buller View Post
    They haven't changed once since 1997!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
    The oringal plans were for a 360 degress oval shaped stadium, but to appease the various objectors the capacity was reduced to 6000ish by chopping the two ends out of the plans. If the stadium is ever completed as per the original plans it would a 10000ish seater stadium.

bhs
    For the two of you. What will be completed by March 2008 will be completed. It is SDCC that is completing the work. When PP is amended it changes and the objectors have an input in the plans. SDCC have control of the parcel of land again after taking it back off SRFC.

I want to be polite to yourselves this evening, but please do not attempt to change history. You are getting your ground, other people are building it for you. I am sure you are grateful to them.

One word of warning, because you are argumentative or sensitive on the subject of your ground. Your relationship with SDCC will sour within three years of moving in fully to Tallaght. It may be described as a Personality clash, but I fear that SRFC will present it as a problem only from the council's side.
    it can't possibly hurt.
    All they will find is my
    beer and my shirt."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    > I want to be polite to yourselves this evening, but please do not attempt to change history. You are getting your ground, other people are building it for you. I am sure you are grateful to them.

The council will be finishing off the stadium. Money from the FAI, gov, Umbro etc has paid for what has built to date.

How was the Belfield Bowl financed? A whip-around in the students union?
    Vast majority of UCD students never give 2 hoots about UCDFC so doubt it was that!

bhs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    We're not the only club to not fully own our own ground.

People in this country seem to think that if you don't pay for things out of your own pocket, it degrades it somehow.
    NL 1st Division Champions 2006
    NL Premier Division Champions 2010
    NL Premier Division Champions 2011

Keep Tallaght Tidy, Throw your rubbish in the Jodi

Ten Years Not Out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    One word of warning, because you are argumentative or sensitive on the subject of your ground. Your relationship with SDCC will sour within three years of moving in fully to Tallaght. It may be described as a Personality clash, but I fear that SRFC will present it as a problem only from the council's side.
    Being fairly presumptuous aren't we? I dont mean to be snobbish but your post is ridden with underlying jealously... either that or you are pretty pessimistic!
    The relationship between us and the council is very strong. Without them we might still be in a state of peril. They originally gave us a 100 year lease on the land and have been encouraging us since the start. In 11 years our relationship still hasn't soured in the slightest - even after we ran into financial difficulty and work stopped. The stadium is our design and some of our own money went into its construction. It is therefore highly unlikely they would attempt to kick us out of our stadium anytime soon. And I'm not sure the government or the FAI (who also contributed 1m so far) would be too pleased. I look forward to talking to you in 3 years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    I never understand why posters would pretend to misintrepret other posters posts unless it is just to be mischievious. I write one thing and a poster will quote me and write something different misinterpreting what I said. It is a diease from the managemnt and moderators down. Shame.

After Edit:
    Shamrock Rovers given leave to bring SDCC to Court
    http://www.donaghys.ie/Shamrock_rove...efault.30.html

Relationship has soured in the past, already happend. I was too late to prevent it.
    Last edited by HarpoJoyce; 01/06/2008 at 10:39 AM. Reason: add link and typo
    it can't possibly hurt.
    All they will find is my
    beer and my shirt."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I never understand why posters would pretend to misintrepret other posters posts unless it is just to be mischievious. I write one thing and a poster will quote me and write something different misinterpreting what I said. It is a diease from the managemnt and moderators down. Shame.

After Edit:

Relationship has soured in the past, already happend. I was too late to prevent it.
    Why are you so interested in the relationship between SRFC and SDCC anyway.

While we are on the subject of presumtions I presume UCD will get thrown out of the league and put in to a college league some time in the future. Average home support about 100 and a farce of a "Stadium" are grounds enough for expulsion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    You are getting your ground, other people are building it for you. I am sure you are grateful to them.
    As I'm sure Juventus are grateful to Turin city council and Milan and Inter to the Milan city council and the same for every other Italian team who dont own one single stadium between them.

Also do you think that Madrid paid every single peseta for the cost of the Bernabeu out of their own pockets and Barca too. Dream on Harpo. Both clubs have never been in debt in their lives. Always written off by the bank and the local councils.
    "Football is a game you play with your brain".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    This is getting too weird. ....em...I ask a clarifying question on what was agreed in the late nineteen nineties and what was suggested on a football thread now. The replies contradicted each other so I just stated what was happening at present and what I fear maybe in the future of SRFC. I did mention 'argumentative' and 'sensitive', I'm kinda glad I did now.

More, smart remarks and just wrong information is presented on the thread in reply to my post "In 11 years our relationship still hasn't soured in the slightest - even after we ran into financial difficulty and work stopped." I had to show that SRFC have brought SDCC to court in the past. I didn't bring the injunction, it's not my fault, don't blame the messager.

It pretty clear the chaps above don't have information on SRFC's recent history (maybe up to the very recent present). Some people may say to them 'don't post'. I ask 'who gave you the current information you have' in future, it's a good idea to get information from a few 'independent' (different) sources.

I don't know what else to say, the same posters on the thread were taking cracks at UCD before I asked my own question. I'm letting them off the hook 'cos I was looking for information. They don't have it, it's not their fault they don't have it, but they shouldn't get upset with me. My first questions on SRFC and the SDCC ground have now changed.
    it can't possibly hurt.
    All they will find is my
    beer and my shirt."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    I'm convinced that if there was only 1 person posting on foot.ie he would still manage to start an arguement in every thread!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

After Edit:

That court case was taken by the old board of Rovers after SDCC lost patience with them after four years of no builders on site and rumours of deals with property developers. At that stage SDCC could have taken the land back and built high density apartment blocks and made millions but they didn't. As soon as the fans took over the club SDCC offered to finish the stadium off for us and to move us in asap. The relationship is excellent between Rovers and SDCC.

At the moment both sides are working together on a long term plan for the stadium after Rovers commissioned a report from http://www.johndix.co.uk/ on maximising the benefits of the stadium for the club, the council and the Tallaght Community in general.

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    Apparently the Tallaght site is crawling with builders today, seems to be a big step up in the work. New warning signs about site access gone up and a whole lot of activity going on.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    For the sake of clarity, here are some of the details of the An Bord Pleanala decision on the stadium from 14 Jan 1998 (available from the SDCC website if you search for Shamrock Rovers in the Planning section). Is it correct to say that the planning decisions are no longer valid now that the council have taken back the site?

Anyway, here's some of details:

Stadium capacity limited to 6,000 (revised plans were to be submitted showing this).
    First team matches only to be played on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays and no more than six Wednesday nights in a calender year.
    800 parking spaces.
    Not to be used for concerts without planning permission
    Floodlighting to be positioned and angled so as not to cause glare to traffic.

There's more but it's technical and boring re walls, sewers etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Shamrock rovers fans don't like anyone talking about their football club, however they share a league with others and have to be brave and be socialable.

There is an expansion of the scaffolding along the back of the future Main Stand.

The PP was agreed between various interested parties, including the Old Bawn Community School. New fresh planning applications would have to go forward into the public domain before a change is made. The school influenced some of the planning process, including times agreed on when matches were to take place. At the time this caused great distress to SRFC supporters. Some of the supporters used rude words to describe this Community School in Tallaght.
    it can't possibly hurt.
    All they will find is my
    beer and my shirt."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Shamrock rovers fans don't like anyone talking about their football club, however they share a league with others and have to be brave and be socialable.

There is an expansion of the scaffolding along the back of the future Main Stand.

The PP was agreed between various interested parties, including the Old Bawn Community School. New fresh planning applications would have to go forward into the public domain before a change is made. The school influenced some of the planning process, including times agreed on when matches were to take place. At the time this caused great distress to SRFC supporters. Some of the supporters used rude words to describe this Community School in Tallaght.
    Here we go

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    The PP was agreed between various interested parties,
    You may very well know your facts in this case in general but I can assure you that planning permission is, and always has been, granted by the relevant local authority (city/county council) and nobody else. Various parties do not, and never have, agreed a planning permission.

Granted submissions can be sent in and objections made but the local authority decide to grant (with or without conditions) or refuse. Following the grant/refusal parties who made submissions or the applicant themselves can appeal the decision, or part thereof, to An Bord Pleanala.

Should Rovers wish to expand in the future they would only have to make a new application. At that point the community school (or any other person/group) could choose to object or send in a submission. Although it may make sense for them to consult with any potential objectors prior to submitting an application they would not be obliged to.

Anyway, methinks that a ground of 6,000 capacity should suffice for a few years anyhow. Maybe one or two games (esp. if Rovers happened to get into Europe) may need a higher capicity but the vast majority would not.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast