Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The 2008 NFL/NCAA/ NFL in London thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Well if he's been cut then he can be offered any salary from the minimum for his age up so it shouldn't be an issue. The bulk of the teams in the NFL have cap room this season. He could comfortably slot into a Todd Collins kind of role.
    Check out my new sports blog http://www.action81.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    I've asked this in another forum and figured I'll ask it here as well.

I have the choice between watching the Pats-Bills in Foxboro or Jets-Rams in the Meadowlands when I got on holiday in November.

Normally this is a no-brainer but No.4 has suddenly made me think that maybe it's no a done deal.

Any views on which of these you would pick if given the choice?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberdonian Stu View Post
    I've asked this in another forum and figured I'll ask it here as well.

I have the choice between watching the Pats-Bills in Foxboro or Jets-Rams in the Meadowlands when I got on holiday in November.

Normally this is a no-brainer but No.4 has suddenly made me think that maybe it's no a done deal.

Any views on which of these you would pick if given the choice?
    Jets/Rams are poor teams. Favre or no Favre, I'd take the divisional game at Foxboro. Should be a much better game.
    Did you ever notice that in every painting of Adam & Eve, they have belly buttons. Think about that...take as long as you want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    You should go to the meadowlands and i'll buy the Pats tickets of you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    UL Vikings won the Shamrock Bowl today, their second consecutive title. They beat the Dublin Rebels 14-12 and the game was held in Cork IT.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Got myself NASN and started watching college ball. Following the Florida Gators, i go to Florida a lot so i have a chance of actually seeing a game.

College ball is so open and great to see young guys playing for that NFL contract.
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm just back from a sport filled trip to the states. Was supposed to start off with UT at home to Arkansas but the hurricane put paid to that. Went to Cowboys v Eagles, Rangers v Angels (15-13!), Bears v Bucs and two Red Sox games, including the one that clinched the playoffs. I ended up drinking with the team in a bar at fenway after the game which was crazy.

Also just missed the Cubs clinching the division as my flight into Chicago was delayed.

Watching number 1 USC get spanked by Oreagon state at the moment! USC were over 20pt favs and if they lose this it's unlikely they will make the BCS game as the Pac10 is very weak compared to the SEC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    USC has managed to choke again, to a bad Oregon State team.

Here's one though that might have SEC fans both raging and worried. Suppose no-one in the SEC runs the table with an undefeated year, the conference is so strong that it will prove very hard for anyone to come out on top in every game this season.

While a one-loss SEC team will likely end the year ranked above the Trojans, there's a very realistic possibility that the Big 12 champion, most like Oklahoma or Missouri, will end the year without a loss. That winner is likely a lock and you would think that a one-loss SEC team would stroll into the second slot in the BCS title game.

But oh wait what's this? Penn State posts a 12-0 record to win the Big 10, and get it instead.

There's a long way to go, and I don't think Penn will run the table, but I can see the arguments starting already.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Gators screwed up at home to Ole Miss, 31-30. Poor play calling by Meyer and a blown coverage on one play killed them. Fair play to Ole Miss, they always play Florida tough.
    Did you ever notice that in every painting of Adam & Eve, they have belly buttons. Think about that...take as long as you want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Meanwhile Alabama gave Georgia a good old fashioned beatdown. Expect the Tide to rise to about 2 in the polls.

The top 5 I expect to see is:

1. Oklahoma
    2. Alabama
    3. LSU
    4. Missouri
    5. Texas

I'd make two changes to this based on 'quality' wins, I'd switch Oklahoma and Bama while Texas would be replaced by Penn State.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Great win for Penn State today to secure a Rose Bowl berth, delighted for JoePa and co.

I'm currently watching the Holy War between Utah and BYU, it's looking special.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Just about to watch Texas Tech and Oklahoma

I'm hoping for a texas tech win....
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Tech need to start making things happen in that game soon Dodge, otherwise OU will run riot. Leach is a great character so I hope they pull it out.

Meanwhile in the Holy War, the Utes secondary has made two huge picks in the second half. With 8 minutes to go it's 41-24 to Utah and another possible score in the offing. They are all but in a BCS game now.

EDIT: With about 3 minutes to go, it's 48-21 to Utah. That'll be enough to guarantee the win and a BCS berth. Not looking good for Texas Tech, trailing 21-0 to Oklahoma.
    Last edited by Aberdonian Stu; 23/11/2008 at 1:19 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Mercy, Oklahoma is making Tech look very ordinary. It's 42-7 to the Sooners approaching halftime. ABC's Brent Musberger put it best "It's a stompin in Norman folks, an old-fashioned stompin".

It's a real pity as Tech's breakthrough year is essentially being ruined by this one result. They'll drop from number 2 in the rankings to out of the BCS picture altogether.

Only two teams are allowed per conference is a BCS bowl game. There's an automatic bid for the Big 12 champion (which will likely put them in the title game) and whichever of Texas or OU doesn't make the Big 12 championship game will be given the other.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Alabama v Florida for the SEC Title is going to be huge.

Apart from the narrow loss to Ole Miss (which shouldn't really matter if they beat 'Bama), they have had a great season with Tebow being able to sit back and conduct the offense a lot more (at the cost of another Heisman, but to the overall benefit of the team). Defense has come on leaps and bounds also.

P.S. 5 in a row against Florida State last night, a far cry from previous times when Bobby Bowden owned the Gators.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Anyone try.

Has anyone else here tried CoachStilo website.Seen it always advertised on Sky Sports during the games,its actually good.Its for beginners so its basically stating what we all already know but theres good interactive stuff on it.Your a rookie and you have to try make Coach Stilo's team by passing a few tests.Its starts off basic enough and gets alot more into it then.Id recommend ye give it a try.

www.coachstilo.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Great game between Oklahoma and Oklahoma State last night. Back and forth most of the game, with the Sooners pulling ahead at the end. The 61-41 score doesn't really reflect how close it actually was.

The Gators tore up the Criminoles and look the team to beat. If they beat Alabama next week in the SEC championship game, they'll play for the national title. I've always liked Alabama, but can't stand Saban, so I hope Florida knocks lumps out of them. Big concern for the Gators is that Percy Harvin sprained his ankle yesterday, but I think they have enough weapons to take down the 'Tide and go on and win it all, no matter who they play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eamo1 View Post
    Has anyone else here tried CoachStilo website.Seen it always advertised on Sky Sports during the games,its actually good.Its for beginners so its basically stating what we all already know but theres good interactive stuff on it.Your a rookie and you have to try make Coach Stilo's team by passing a few tests.Its starts off basic enough and gets alot more into it then.Id recommend ye give it a try.

www.coachstilo.com
    That's class!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    I was well annoyed that Oregon State choked last night. I'm not a fan but if they'd won it would have kept USC out of the Rose Bowl, sadly the Trojans will be there now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast