Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Likely Team to start against Georgia

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cartman View Post
    i have to say you are a clown.. or a shambles more to the point.. because carsley plays regularly for everton, and they are a better side than ireland [ which i wouldnt question] - erego he must start with ireland.. thats the most comical argument ever.. you really are thick - no wonder you are a jamie redknapp fan
    Anyone that can deduce from what I have said that I am a fan of Jamie Redknapp is someone I would describe as 'lacking' in the intelligence department.

Lets get one or two things straight. You have clearly never played football at a decent level if you really and truly believe them comments about Carsley to be true. If you had, then perhaps you would know a little more about what he 'brings to the table' so to speak.

Secondly, your comments about Carsley seem to fly in the face of the opinion of just about anyone in football. He is, and has been highly rated as a defensive minded player for a number of years. His positional sense, awareness, tackling, and short passing have ensured he has been able to have a sustained career at a very high level.

Finally, if you wish to make a personal attack on someone's intelligence, may I strongly suggest that I believe it is likely to be far superior to yours, if your argument as to Carsleys ability (or the lack of it if you are to believed) is anything to go by.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    Evertons best starting 11 is better than Irelands best team. This is one of the reasons Carsley shouldn't be near Irelands team. Everton have better players around Carsley to compensate for his many shortcomings as a midfielder. And their formation and tactics meant that they could accommodate him in the team.

Managers don't pick teams to accomodate players with 'shortcomings'. They replace them...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    why would u have Kilbane in central midfield??

The thread is Likely Team to start against Georgia

not what would be my choice as most have taken it to be

I just have a feeling that Trap will play someone out of their normal postition and think it could be Kilbane. Kilbane is a workhorse who will do anything asked and may be the most adaptable player we have in that regard.

Im undecided as to who I would like to see start against Georgia, but am looking forward to the match on Thursday and the Norway game.
    Fair Play died Nov 18th 2009, Stade Francais.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    what is this a joke or what. where did u come up with this mate
    are you serious johnathan????????????
    are you actually saying everton dont have players in midfield to make up for carsleys limitations [to be kind]..arteta and cahill, or osman usually play alongside him.. this is so he can stand in the centre circle in case of an opposition attack...he doesnt ever have to worry about the attacking side..

but you are actually implying that irelands midfield is stronger than this??? and so carsley can easily fill a good role in it?? its a mockery of a statement

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenforever View Post
    The thread is Likely Team to start against Georgia

not what would be my choice as most have taken it to be

I just have a feeling that Trap will play someone out of their normal postition and think it could be Kilbane. Kilbane is a workhorse who will do anything asked and may be the most adaptable player we have in that regard.

Im undecided as to who I would like to see start against Georgia, but am looking forward to the match on Thursday and the Norway game.
    I really cant see Trap putting Kilbane in central midfield, his legs arent what they used to be and we have alot more options in that position now, I wouldnt be surprised to see him at left back though
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruben Sosa View Post
    5 O'Dea
    based on what exactly?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Given Howard (Ireland)

Finnan(?) Neville (Ireland)

Yobo McShane (Everton)

Dunne Jagielka (Ireland)

Kilbane Lescott (Everton)

McGeady Arteta (Same)

Duff Pienaar (Ireland)

Cahill A.Reid (Reid is a better player, but I'll say Cahill is more valuable)

Fernandes Steven Reid (Everton)

Keane Yakubu (Ireland)

Doyle Johnson (Ireland) Doyle scored the same amoung of goals as Johnson. Playing for a struggling team out of position. Doyle is a better all round player.

There might be some merit to saying they are better able to accomadate Carsley, but that is if you say Cahill is better than Reid. Truth is Andy Reid is a far better footballer than Tim Cahill. Cahill is a very good player for what he does, but Reid has a genius football brain.

The teams in my opinion are very evenly matched.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruben Sosa View Post
    Couldn't think of anyone good enough to be honest. Thought why not give him a try..
    Try him out against Columbia and Norway by all means. No way he should be walking straight into the side for a competitive game.
    Honest! I am not a secret Tim nor a closet Sham - I really am a Seagull.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Why does everyone pick Stephen Reid ?

What's he done in six years ?

When will he be fit ?

Will he stay fit ?

You may aswell pick Kaka in your team. ie it aint gonna happen.
    "Football is a game you play with your brain".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stojkovic View Post
    Why does everyone pick Stephen Reid ?

What's he done in six years ?

When will he be fit ?

Will he stay fit ?

You may aswell pick Kaka in your team. ie it aint gonna happen.
    Based on his performances for Blackburn this season.....

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If Finnan comes back, using him at left back would be ridiculous IMO. Whilst it wouldn't detract too much from the defensive side of his game - he seems equally comfortable on either side in this regard - he's an excellent crosser of the ball and probably our best attacking full back. If he is to play, it should be on the right. I would like to see Delaney play again against Colombia and Norway. He seemed quite solid against Serbia without having much to do and at the moment he seems like the only left back in our squad who doesn't have some glaring weakness (admittedly I'm basing this on one game).
    My concerns are global. I reject absolutely revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method, is love. I love you Sheriff Truman.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I know this isn't the most popular thing to say on here, and I don't want to turn the topic of the thread, but I'd give anything to have a happy Stephen Ireland in the team.

Look at us, falling over ourselves to find a solution to the right side of midfield problem. I wouldn't insult Finnan by getting him to play there. Duff on the right, Hunt on the left, maybe I could live with. Can we trust McGeady, maybe not.

One of the most talented up and coming midfielders in the Premiership, he's Irish, let's hope Trapp can get him back in the fold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianovic View Post
    I know this isn't the most popular thing to say on here, and I don't want to turn the topic of the thread, but I'd give anything to have a happy Stephen Ireland in the team.

Look at us, falling over ourselves to find a solution to the right side of midfield problem. I wouldn't insult Finnan by getting him to play there. Duff on the right, Hunt on the left, maybe I could live with. Can we trust McGeady, maybe not.

One of the most talented up and coming midfielders in the Premiership, he's Irish, let's hope Trapp can get him back in the fold.
    He aint a right midfielder though... although I would love to see him back too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Based on his performances for Blackburn this season.....
    I must have missed him setting the Premiership alight this season and also all those games he played for Ireland this season.

And where exactly was he last Saturday, injured ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    At the moment, Ireland wouldn't make the team unless we played 3 in midfield, with either him or A.Reid partnering S.Reid.

I don't know who I would want playing off Keane though, Reid or Ireland? Probably Ireland because we need to put Reid's passing ability to use deeper in the pitch.

I actually get so excited about seeing Andy and Steven Reid play with each other with McGeady and Duff on the wings.

I don't know if dropping a striker and playing an AM would be a wise choice though. Ideally I would want to, as to accomadate the two Reids and Ireland but it leaves us with a dilemma up front. Doyle is probably better suited up front on his own than Keane.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    I must have missed him setting the Premiership alight this season and also all those games he played for Ireland this season.

And where exactly was he last Saturday, injured ?
    He had exploritory surgery on his knee to see how his cruciate ligament has healed and he has been given the all clear to start back preseason training with Blackburn as scheduled

International Prospect DmanDmythDledge's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    Given

Finnan
    O'Brien
    Dunne
    DD/KK

Reid
    Reid

McGeady
    Keogh
    Duff

Keane
    Replace Keogh with Ireland/Garvan and swap McGeady and Duff would be my team.

Quote Originally Posted by jbyrne View Post
    duff isnt 50% on the rw than the lw. yes he went past a few players on sat but home many decent crosses / final balls did he put in from the right? we should play our best players in their best positions and fill in the gaps with others. definately duff on the left and mcgeady on the right
    McGeady is much more effective on the left than the right. And Duff is a lot better on the right than you make out- remember his first season with Chelsea? That would be the best combination from the two of them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    He had exploritory surgery on his knee to see how his cruciate ligament has healed and he has been given the all clear to start back preseason training with Blackburn as scheduled
    So he was injured, as in, not fit to play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    So he was injured, as in, not fit to play.
    He would have being fit to play if it wasnt decided to cut his leg open to look around

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    what is this a joke or what. where did u come up with this mate
    I was responding to liveheads argument that Everton would comfortably beat Ireland. I agreed that Everton certainly do have a better team all round and these players compensates for Carsleys inability to pass or run.

With Carsley winding down his career now anyway (and having never been a good player) I don't understand people believing he's good enough to start for Ireland. Especially with the two Reids and others available - Jaysus I'd nearly have Douglas in ahead of him!

And as for Irish ultra stating that McGeady is better than Arteta, come off it. Arteta is a class act. I hope McGeady someday becomes this good but he's a fair bit off that level now
    Last edited by lionelhutz; 27/05/2008 at 9:31 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast