Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Drogs 27-5-08

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aertel
    An injury-time strike by Fahrudin Kudozovic denied Drogheda a deserved three points at United Park.

The Boynesiders had the better of the first-half exchanges and went ahead on 45 minutes when Stuart Byrne shot home after fine build-up play from Ollie Cahill.

Drogheda wasted several chances to extend their lead and paid the price two minutes into stoppage time when Jason Gavin handled in the box and Kudozovic shot home at the second attempt after Jamie Ewings saved his penalty kick.
    This is the most biased match report I've ever read. To say Drogheda deserved three points is comical. We were all over them in the second half and the first was even enough, we're still lacking somebody up front to change the chances into goals though. Great result and it was robbery if we came away with nothing.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    RIP JOHNNY

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I like we'll have to agree to differ on this one lads.

Firesilver: We spent much of the game in our half. That doesn't mean you had the ball; we did. You closed down our play; we lack cohesion and fluidity. These are the two main reasons why we struggled to get the ball from our defence to a good attacking position - that and a poor target man leading the line. Despite this, we did manage to create a lot more chances than you. It was no shock when we went one nil up as it took you into the second half before you got a decent shot on our goal. You got more men forward as the game went on and did look threatening but that did not amount to much exercise for our goalie apart from picking the ball out of the air a hand full of times. We are to blame for your equaliser. I never said otherwise. I saw the game and truth walks with me.

I keep my posts on the game because that's what this thrend is about. If you want to know about our season visit our forum. I go under the same username. On that forum I have said twice, clearly, that we are more likely to finish 3rd / 4th than 1st / 2nd. Title retention pretentions are still around but not around me. Good luck with you season and league "domination".
    Last edited by Coltron; 28/05/2008 at 6:19 PM.
    A man is never really poor,
    if he can still laugh.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts
    In the media Faz's goal is being out down as penalty, but in the record books it will actually be put down as from being scored from open play?
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redobit View Post
    In the media Faz's goal is being out down as penalty, but in the record books it will actually be put down as from being scored from open play?

yes, thats why rebounds dont count in penalty shootouts, because there is no open play...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coltron;
    truth walks with me.
    Oh well, that's it - I'm going to have to admit defeat. How can you argue with something that persuasive?

Enjoy your walk.
    "Even if the wind stops to blow
    Even if the sea ceases to flow
    Even if the sun ceases to rise
    The name of Sligo Rovers will shine and shine forever like the morning star glittering in the sky."

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo_Boy View Post
    yes, thats why rebounds dont count in penalty shootouts, because there is no open play...
    Im not talking about penalty shooututs, more to do with the way the media have being saying Faz's goal was a penalty.
    As for penalty shootouts somtin that has come up in apub before; if a keeper saves the ball should it not now being deemed as open play, but if it hits the post and then hits him again it is still classed as a goal. Where, if guy talkin the penalty slips and one foot kicks the ball onto the other foot, he has touched it twice and it is disqualified.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    it's pretty simple really. you get what you deserve in football regardless of bias opinion. If you score one goal and the other team score one goal then you deserve a draw. The name of the game is scoring goals not making chances. If a team squanders 100 chances and the other teams scores one from one then should the team with the most chances be declared winners ? i think not !!

Poor Drogheda are upset cos their title challenge is gone !!
    "Excuses are the nails used to build a house of failure"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neutrino View Post
    it's pretty simple really. you get what you deserve in football regardless of bias opinion. If you score one goal and the other team score one goal then you deserve a draw. The name of the game is scoring goals not making chances. If a team squanders 100 chances and the other teams scores one from one then should the team with the most chances be declared winners ? i think not !!
    exactly! Couldn't agree more.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234