Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OnSide Magazine?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paud C View Post
    How's it goin' lads, I'm Padraig Conlon and I'm the sales executive with Onside magazine. Was delighted to see this thread started here this morning. We were at Dalymount last night selling some copies, many thanks to all the Bohs fans who bought a copy and wished us the best, there was a lot of support for the mag and a lot of positive feed back. Just thought I'd answer a few questions that have cropped on this thread. The magazine will be available through Eason's and other newsagents from this week.

It won't be a magazine that just covers the top 4 as one of the lads here suggested, the first division will rightly be reported on from the next issue on. Yes there were some typos, as were happily pointed out to us by the Bohs fans last night ("Bohemians FC") but they were few and far between and inevitable in a brand new publication. I hope you'll agree that the editorial content is of the highest quality, the lads put a lot of work into it, and hopefully this won't be over shadowed by dwelling on a typo on the front page.

In answer to dcfcsteve's question about the lack of pre promotion, firstly, advertising is very expensive, in order to minimise costs a wholesale ad campaign on radio or t.v was just not an option at this early stage. Also, we all have other jobs, so getting the time to get around the country is going to take a while. And most of us work in the media so we're certainly not being over confident, everyone involved is very aware how big a task this is. Lads all feedback will be greatfully received, its the only way we can put together a product that ALL fans of Irish league football will find an interesting read. We'll also be selling more copies this Saturday around Croker before the Ireland - Serbia match.

Will it be available in news shops in the North?
    DCFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pól-dcfc View Post
    Will it be available in news shops in the North?
    I'd assume it will be in Eason's, at least in Derry (and maybe Belfast?) anyway. Couldn't see much demand for it in the likes of Ballymena or Lisburn, I suppose.
    Subscriptions would be handy mind.
    Have you ever won the treble?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Picked up a copy in Reads/Eason in Nassau St. Well done on a nice production and at little more than the price of a Bohs programme I reckon it is good value.
    "oh my, that was some beer we had last night, I think I feel like getting sick" Effin Eddie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    It's not in Eason's in Donegall Place in Belfast.
    Have you ever won the treble?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    looking forward to getting a copy of this, good luck to you.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I am not bothered by the "Bohemians FC thing!" Would you be happier if the article was about Sunderland FC instead!!!!

FFS...

Honestly this is best thing to happen Irish soccer media in years and frankly I am depressed by some of the anal retentive Joe Duffy on Speed dial whingers making a big deal out of nothing really.

My very best wishes to people behind this excellent publication and I shall be not only buying it, but leaving copies in my waiting room for clients to look over. I suggest the rest of you moaners do something similar and get a life while your at it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Bought it today myself. Havent had a chance to read it but had a wee look at it and it looks nice.

Padraig, if you are looking for a fan from Monaghan I have just the person for you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts

Thumbs up

Lads,
    Happened across Onside this morning in the newsagents in Portarlington, and while I was surprised I'd never heard of it before , I thought it was an excellent first edition for an Irish soccer magazine. I thought the blend was just right, insofar as it didn't alienate any section of Irish soccer supporter, and the articles were well-written and interesting.
    I think if this magazine can grow legs and run, it will be a good way of introducing fringe fans to the local game.
    A word of caution about selling the magazine on Sat though ; I imagine YBIG will be handing out copies and they have a decent enough following at this stage, so it might have a negative effect on sales. Also at €4 an edition, I feels extremely good value for money.

fair play to all involved.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boh_So_Good View Post
    I am not bothered by the "Bohemians FC thing!" Would you be happier if the article was about Sunderland FC instead!!!!

FFS...

Honestly this is best thing to happen Irish soccer media in years and frankly I am depressed by some of the anal retentive Joe Duffy on Speed dial whingers making a big deal out of nothing really.

My very best wishes to people behind this excellent publication and I shall be not only buying it, but leaving copies in my waiting room for clients to look over. I suggest the rest of you moaners do something similar and get a life while your at it.
    That's a good old polish you've given your halo there.
    It's great to have a magazine that covers Irish football. We all should welcome that. But that shouldn't preclude getting the name of the club right, and that it should expect that a howler of that order will not be commented on.
    Sunderland fans would complain if their club name was repeatedly misspelt throughout the launch issue of a national circulation publication, and they'd be right to. Perhaps you think eL fans deserve less.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    The mag is available in Drogheda Uniteds club shop http://www.droghedaunited.ie/news/single/id/1315
    Dundalk 1 - "the worst team to ever play in the premier" 2 :D

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Sunderland fans would complain if their club name was repeatedly misspelt throughout the launch issue of a national circulation publication, and they'd be right to. Perhaps you think eL fans deserve less.[/QUOTE]

This seems like nit picking in the extreme - and somewhat patronising too. EVERYBODY calls 'Bohemian' Bohemians. A very forgiveable minor error. And it would be practically impossible to spell SUNDERLAND incorrectly. Give it a go.... SUNDRELAND? SLUMBERLAND?... See?

Look forward to the seeing the magazine. The people behind it deserve encouragement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Was looking for it in Eason on O'connell St yesterday. they've never heard of it (looked at me like I'd too heads when I said it was a new Irish Football Magazine"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    I got it in Easons in Blanchardstown on Wed. They have also approached us about selling it in the club shop and I think we will be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Block G Raptor View Post
    Was looking for it in Eason on O'connell St yesterday. they've never heard of it (looked at me like I'd too heads when I said it was a new Irish Football Magazine"
    It was in there the other day, very good news if it's already sold out. The staff on the other hand......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Block G Raptor View Post

I bought it there on Tuesday. They had at least 5/6 copies on display.Didn't seem to be there yesterday though.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Just to let ye know I was in town (in Waterford) today and found out that next months issue will be on sale in The Book Centre in John Roberts Square in the centre of the city.
    Shamrock Rovers - 1 - 2 - Waterford United
    Friday 11th November 2005
    The BEST night of my life. B.T.I.D.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    I picked one up today... haven't had a chance to read it but it looks absolutely fantastic. Great photo, beautifully put together. Looks like a top class sales brochure. That said, they'd want to triple the content to justify the price.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Absolutely thrilled with the magazine but 2 things struck me about the way it was launched and if they continue in this way it wont succeed.
    Firstly was the fact that a fellow was selling it out of a suitcase in dalymount last sunday.If it were me i would have had 6 lads all holding them up at the entrance to sell them to punters entering.
    Secondlt it was launched on sunday but there wasnt a mention of it on MNS the following night.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    got my copy in easons longford today. It looks top notch a very well done to all who participated in it... I didnt see anyone sellin them outside croke park yesterday???
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    was at the entrance to rams the other with buddy of mine, and we met the editor of the magazine, he was asking could he sell the magazine in the club, or club shop, my firend has contacts in the club thankfully, and he sorted it.. But it took 3 committee mebers to sort this situation out, quite simple the man was sellin a mag promoting the league and all certain members of the club were worried about was how much the club would make amd the issues involced in letting him sel the magazine inside the ground, a absolute farce as far as im concerned, proper mag for the league very porfessionally put together( bar the lack of diversity in it a.k.a very much a dublin based issue, hope it will change in that sense) and exactly what the club needs so best of luck to the editors and if the editors have any of the editors have issues with clubs they should let the members of foot.ie know, the vocal ones and it will be sorted.

Congrats to all involved
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast