Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OnSide Magazine?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    Surely if it's such a big issue though their club site would be www.bohemianfc.ie ?
    Maybe they don't really mind.

I do though. Particularly if it's in/on the website of a magazine where the subject is Irish football.
    DCFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    Surely if it's such a big issue though their club site would be www.bohemianfc.ie ?
    Subtle distinctions clearly are not your forté.
    The name of the club is Bohemian FC. It is known almost universally as Bohs, or Bohemians.
    Begging your pardon, but we can call our website whatever we want, but it'd be helpful if people publishing the name of the club in formal format on the launch issue cover of a magazine, and on the leagues' own website, could get this elementary detail right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    seems to be promoting the league on a setanta sports manner, nobody involved outside the top 4!!!!
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellavistaman View Post
    seems to be promoting the league on a setanta sports manner, nobody involved outside the top 4!!!!
    Give it more than 1 issue ffs.
    DCFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pól-dcfc View Post
    Give it more than 1 issue ffs.
    No!! 1str= issue is vital ir should be the most spread out issue of the lot to try drag all supporters in. Might aswell call it top 4!!!!.Wheres the 1st divisom section?? oh i forgot in dublin sure. this magazone is either top 4 clubs or in leinster, like england this year the battle at the bottom can be more exciting than the battle at the top!!
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    ah god - we gonna have more whinging from the First Division brigade about not being featured in this either?

ffs - it's the first issue - give it a chance...
    Kom Igen, FCK...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Réiteoir View Post
    ah god - we gonna have more whinging from the First Division brigade about not being featured in this either?

ffs - it's the first issue - give it a chance...
    How the hell is he in the "first division brigade"? Ramblers are in the premier..
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Réiteoir View Post
    He supports a Premier Division club. For now at least.

Personally, I couldn't care less if the First Division is featured in this magazine or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Excellent to see a magazine launched for the league - but did anyone here hear a thing about it in-advance ?

Seems strange to me that a new magazine about the League gets launched, yet the first the hard-core fans of league clubs - i.e. the ones who will keep such a magazine afloat - hear about it is when the first edition is waggled on a TV screen.

Suggests a very worrying lack of pre-promotion, or perhaps niaive over-confidence.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny2K7 View Post
    How the hell is he in the "first division brigade"? Ramblers are in the premier..
    Pre-empting people is a glorious thing fella...
    Kom Igen, FCK...

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    How's it goin' lads, I'm Padraig Conlon and I'm the sales executive with Onside magazine. Was delighted to see this thread started here this morning. We were at Dalymount last night selling some copies, many thanks to all the Bohs fans who bought a copy and wished us the best, there was a lot of support for the mag and a lot of positive feed back. Just thought I'd answer a few questions that have cropped on this thread. The magazine will be available through Eason's and other newsagents from this week.

It won't be a magazine that just covers the top 4 as one of the lads here suggested, the first division will rightly be reported on from the next issue on. Yes there were some typos, as were happily pointed out to us by the Bohs fans last night ("Bohemians FC") but they were few and far between and inevitable in a brand new publication. I hope you'll agree that the editorial content is of the highest quality, the lads put a lot of work into it, and hopefully this won't be over shadowed by dwelling on a typo on the front page.

In answer to dcfcsteve's question about the lack of pre promotion, firstly, advertising is very expensive, in order to minimise costs a wholesale ad campaign on radio or t.v was just not an option at this early stage. Also, we all have other jobs, so getting the time to get around the country is going to take a while. And most of us work in the media so we're certainly not being over confident, everyone involved is very aware how big a task this is. Lads all feedback will be greatfully received, its the only way we can put together a product that ALL fans of Irish league football will find an interesting read. We'll also be selling more copies this Saturday around Croker before the Ireland - Serbia match.
    Last edited by A face; 19/05/2008 at 9:21 PM. Reason: Paragraphs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellavistaman View Post
    Er, there is an article on FIRST DIVISION club Shelbourne. The club focus bit will rotate. I think they started with Bohs because the plan was always to launch at the Dalymount for this game. They will definitely get around to featuring teams outside of the top four - despite the fact a first division side had an article on them this time. There were fans interviews too and one of them was a harps fan. Finally they will be available in the club shops and afaik in Easons.
    TO TELL THE TRUTH IS REVOLUTIONARY

The ONLY foot.ie user with a type of logic named after them!

All of this has happened before. All of it will happen again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paud C View Post
    How's it goin' lads, I'm Padraig Conlon and I'm the sales executive with Onside magazine. Was delighted to see this thread started here this morning. We were at Dalymount last night selling some copies, many thanks to all the Bohs fans who bought a copy and wished us the best, there was a lot of support for the mag and a lot of positive feed back. Just thought I'd answer a few questions that have cropped on this thread. The magazine will be available through Eason's and other newsagents from this week. It won't be a magazine that just covers the top 4 as one of the lads here suggested, the first division will rightly be reported on from the next issue on. Yes there were some typos, as were happily pointed out to us by the Bohs fans last night ("Bohemians FC") but they were few and far between and inevitable in a brand new publication. I hope you'll agree that the editorial content is of the highest quality, the lads put a lot of work into it, and hopefully this won't be over shadowed by dwelling on a typo on the front page. In answer to dcfcsteve's question about the lack of pre promotion, firstly, advertising is very expensive, in order to minimise costs a wholesale ad campaign on radio or t.v was just not an option at this early stage. Also, we all have other jobs, so getting the time to get around the country is going to take a while. And most of us work in the media so we're certainly not being over confident, everyone involved is very aware how big a task this is. Lads all feedback will be greatfully received, its the only way we can put together a product that ALL fans of Irish league football will find an interesting read. We'll also be selling more copies this Saturday around Croker before the Ireland - Serbia match.
    Thanks for your note Paul - good of you to find us and respond.

To clarify - I wasn't sugestion using expensive traditional media channels to promote the magazine. My point is that if hard-core EL fans - of the type this forum represents - hadn't heard about your magazine, then in my view you've missed an extremely easy trick to boost your profile and launch-sales.

A genereic post on this site and the various other ones for individual EL clubs would've taken no more than an hour of your time, but given you plenty of direct and word-of-mouth promotion prior to launch. And that would've transcribed into increased sales (and subscriptions, which i hope you're soliciting).

So good work on getting a mag out, but without being rude - I hope yee's won't miss as many future 'open nets' in promoting yourselves as you have done by ignoring your core target audience prior to launch ! As otherwise you'll go the way of the old 'Soccer Magazine', which no-one wants to see.

P.S. Can you post details on subscriptions for those outside of Ireland ? Thnx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    How's it goin' lads, I'm Padraig Conlon and I'm the sales executive with Onside magazine. Was delighted to see this thread started here this morning. We were at Dalymount last night selling some copies, many thanks to all the Bohs fans who bought a copy and wished us the best, there was a lot of support for the mag and a lot of positive feed back. Just thought I'd answer a few questions that have cropped on this thread. The magazine will be available through Eason's and other newsagents from this week. It won't be a magazine that just covers the top 4 as one of the lads here suggested, the first division will rightly be reported on from the next issue on. Yes there were some typos, as were happily pointed out to us by the Bohs fans last night ("Bohemians FC") but they were few and far between and inevitable in a brand new publication. I hope you'll agree that the editorial content is of the highest quality, the lads put a lot of work into it, and hopefully this won't be over shadowed by dwelling on a typo on the front page. In answer to dcfcsteve's question about the lack of pre promotion, firstly, advertising is very expensive, in order to minimise costs a wholesale ad campaign on radio or t.v was just not an option at this early stage. Also, we all have other jobs, so getting the time to get around the country is going to take a while. And most of us work in the media so we're certainly not being over confident, everyone involved is very aware how big a task this is. Lads all feedback will be greatfully received, its the only way we can put together a product that ALL fans of Irish league football will find an interesting read. We'll also be selling more copies this Saturday around Croker before the Ireland - Serbia match.
    I think it's a wonderful initiative and I wholeheartedly support it. But I do think it's important to get the names of clubs right, especially on the front page in 30/36point type, if you are using the full title.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve View Post
    Thanks for your note Paul - good of you to find us and respond.
    See typos happen........

Will be looking out for this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicme View Post
    See typos happen........

Will be looking out for this.
    We'll spotted.....

Though I wasn't complaining about typos, as sadly I've only ever seen the mag for 2 secs on Setanta TV.

Hopefully Paud will sort me a subscription to address that though....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    I thought it was excellent for a first edition. Well done

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    well done paud good to see it got off the ground keep the Northwest connection alive!
    S.R.F.C. Sligo Rovers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    How's it goin' lads, I'm Padraig Conlon and I'm the sales executive with Onside magazine.
    Alot of clubs have clubs shops now Paud. Are you going to stock it in them yeah?

I also think that if you cover junior football you'll have a huge market to tap into, even if it were for the sake of 2 pages, some of the bigger junior clubs could really boost your sales. And women's football, the Irish National team are doing well enough from what i gather.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thanks Alot Paud C.

I've waited a long, long time for an Irish soccer/eircom League magazine
    to come on stream. I'd like to wish you, and all the Onside Magazine
    team the very best of success, and I can't wait to get my first copy.
    As a massive Waterford United I am delighted to hear that Onside will cover the First Division. This division is looked upon as the black sheep of the eircom League of Ireland and it is often overlooked in the media.

I would like to say, you have made my week with the news of the mag,
    a win against Athlone tomorrow would be the icing the the cake.

Best of Luck !
    Shamrock Rovers - 1 - 2 - Waterford United
    Friday 11th November 2005
    The BEST night of my life. B.T.I.D.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast