Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats going on?????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry Whats going on?????

Was just talking to sme of the ppl who went up to sligo today for the match.

Is it me or is it getting a little bit silly now? They (the so called utras) got a talking to before they left about songs there behavour and use of language oh and scarves (seen as there is already a thread on that i shall leave that one alone). Its a football game for fcuk sack of course there will be singing and use of bad language. Bad language is only normal and happens even at grass routes football.

Anyway onto todays game ive been told that the supporters club stopped the "ultras" use any flag with ultras mentioned on it, and actually took some off them. They tried to stop the lads singing and wait for this actually took pictures of some of them.

What the hell is this all about. They lads travel the country to watch this part time club play its football. They where the colours they wave he flags they create a athmosphere for all to enjoy. I can guarantee parents coming with there kids only come because there kids love to watch the lads sing the songs wave the flags and bang the drums.

Also whats the big deal with a flag saying "ultras" only last week there was a big drogheda flag saying FAMOUS 45 ULTRAS and the week before one that SRFC ULTRAS.

ok rant over for now all im trying to say is the club will be nothing with out its supporters so please dont drive them out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Well I wasn't there tonight and after reading your post I'm going to say something that I've never said before - I'm glad I missed that match! I've got better things to do with my Friday/Saturday night than be treated like a criminal (and pay for it).

The small trouble element (agro boys) which go to matches generally give away matches a miss (and a few home ones too).... wasn't there supposed to be a big crowd traveling to this.... could this night be a deterrent for such support in future?
    I don't want to be critical of the club as it's 95% genuine good folks and the same is true of the supporters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i was at the sligo match

firstly they treated us like criminals when: 1:took a new made flag of us, i believe thats robbery
    2:They took pictures of us,and even worse they took pictures of under 16's.I believe thats against the law too.

However i think worse then this is the blatent censorship that is going on.They are dictating how we should support our team.

This just cant go on anymore.

And im not very clear on the rules of the forum so if ive broken any im un aware of it and sorry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Angry

it was an absolute disgrace what went on last nite. the carry on of the supporters club comittee (well not all of em but some including the chairman) was a complete and utter joke. Embarrasement

i've been going to games for years, home and away and what happened last night was shocking imo. at the start of the season they were all for the setting up of the ultra group and the lads involved have done great work and its starting to show with increased numbers singing at home and away matches and the introduction of new flags. one bit of trouble last week against drogheda (started by people who were not even at the match) and the ultras get the blame.

the committe have said that the use of bad language has only started since this group was established, complete bull, stuff like what has been going has been happening for years (except for what happened outside the stadium against drogs) including songs towards opposition players and fans (i know its not right but it happens everywhere and in every league), but now that there is a name on the group of lads, na fanaithe - the green ultras, they blame them and want to ban them.

i'd like to see what the supportors club would do if none of them turn up, no flags, no drums, no noise, no vocal support for the team etc.... will they have enough people to provide buses for away matches? because if they carry on like this that is what is going to happen. i dont want it to go like this but come on, it was childish what they did last night. Robbery and pictures of u16's are illegal. you's where the criminals last night not the ultras. the team is the most important part of what we are doing, i want to support them for the 90mins and not argue over petty crap. i'l feel sorry for the team if this keeps happening - they do appreciate the support, do you want that to continue? i do.

rant over for now, but expect more to come.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i was completly shocked at went on last nite. i wasnt expecting any of it, it was a complete surprise... ver bad from the supporters club imo. like DW i'l feel bad for the team if this keeps up aswell
    DEVO: 'we want to challenge for the league next season' - speaking at the player of the year awards nite 2005. boy was he so far wrong!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    if they went to this trouble for an away game what the hell will they have planned for us against cork on friday?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mightyseagull View Post
    if they went to this trouble for an away game what the hell will they have planned for us against cork on friday?
    if anything is done on friday i'm leaving. and i'l help the lads pack up the flags straight away.

things change, the supporters club obviously dont want too, their happy in their old ways and are afraid of change imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dublinwanderer View Post
    it was an absolute disgrace what went on last nite. the carry on of the supporters club comittee (well not all of em but some including the chairman) was a complete and utter joke. Embarrasement

i've been going to games for years, home and away and what happened last night was shocking imo. at the start of the season they were all for the setting up of the ultra group and the lads involved have done great work and its starting to show with increased numbers singing at home and away matches and the introduction of new flags. one bit of trouble last week against drogheda (started by people who were not even at the match) and the ultras get the blame.

the committe have said that the use of bad language has only started since this group was established, complete bull, stuff like what has been going has been happening for years (except for what happened outside the stadium against drogs) including songs towards opposition players and fans (i know its not right but it happens everywhere and in every league), but now that there is a name on the group of lads, na fanaithe - the green ultras, they blame them and want to ban them.

i'd like to see what the supportors club would do if none of them turn up, no flags, no drums, no noise, no vocal support for the team etc.... will they have enough people to provide buses for away matches? because if they carry on like this that is what is going to happen. i dont want it to go like this but come on, it was childish what they did last night. Robbery and pictures of u16's are illegal. you's where the criminals last night not the ultras. the team is the most important part of what we are doing, i want to support them for the 90mins and not argue over petty crap. i'l feel sorry for the team if this keeps happening - they do appreciate the support, do you want that to continue? i do.

rant over for now, but expect more to come.
    A lot of truth in there. Perhaps an apology in the next programme wouldn't go astray?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Didnt see/hear about any of this.Whoever stoped ye are a disgrace,as for taking picturesJust keep going at what ye are doing
    RIP JOHNNY

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Any time a new ultra' group is set up you always get some reaction from people who don't understand what being ultra is all about. Sadly this is another example of how people who are ignorant to the mentality react.

Keep doing your thing lads don't let them knock you
    Misfits

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    its really funny they banned us from putting the word ultra on our flags but never said anything about casuals or hooligans
    If we did for instance put casuals on our flags wed get a horrific amount of trouble and draw some terrible supporters in.
    Its complete and utter ignornace at the end of the day!

Also if they ban us from putting up our ultra and na Fánaithe flags then the commandos 84 will have to to the same and good luck to the stewards in thier efforts with that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo Da Gull View Post
    A lot of truth in there. Perhaps an apology in the next programme wouldn't go astray?
    I doubt they're going to stop their censorship.

I think Na Fánaithe should go for a silent protest at the next match. The match will be terrible with no cheering from Bray fans.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superfrank View Post
    I doubt they're going to stop their censorship.

I think Na Fánaithe should go for a silent protest at the next match. The match will be terrible with no cheering from Bray fans.
    But it'll be very difficult for us to desist from cheering the team on, that's what it's all about. You do have a point though.

Quote Originally Posted by deecay View Post
    Didnt see/hear about any of this.Whoever stoped ye are a disgrace,as for taking picturesJust keep going at what ye are doing
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Army View Post
    Any time a new ultra' group is set up you always get some reaction from people who don't understand what being ultra is all about. Sadly this is another example of how people who are ignorant to the mentality react.

Keep doing your thing lads don't let them knock you
    Nice to have some support
    Last edited by Stevo Da Gull; 18/05/2008 at 9:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo Da Gull View Post
    But it'll be very difficult for us to desist from cheering the team on, that's what it's all about. You do have a point though.
    Exactly. If there's a silent protest the club will realise how much the lads add to the atmosphere at matches.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superfrank View Post
    Exactly. If there's a silent protest the club will realise how much the lads add to the atmosphere at matches.
    But then we wouldn't be Ultras ... accrding to wikipedia: The four core points of the ultra mentality are:

* never stop singing or chanting during a match, no matter what the result
    * never sit down during a match
    * attend as many games as possible (home and away), regardless of cost or distance
    * loyalty to the stand in which the group is located (also known as the Curva or Kop).

Although I am aware of Ultras who have made silent protests in the past. The wikipedia page on ultras isn't a bad read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultras

I'm personally not sure I'd be able to stay totally quiet without cheering the lads on in some way... it would be easier to not show up at all or walk out if this stuff continues.
    Last edited by Stevo Da Gull; 18/05/2008 at 9:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i dont think a silent protest is a good idea beacause most of the lads simply wont be able to do this!
    i think what really needs to happen is a meeting between all concerned fans to decide exactly what we are going to do because we cannot let them treat us like criminals no longer.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    honestly lads, and no offence do yee think yee have enough lads to do a silent protest to get a response? i think yee should carry on as yee are as has been said before people set in their ways within the club are usually scared by change and their un-education has probably lead them to think yee are hooligans. the only way to set things straight is dialogue between yeerselves and what ever muppets thought it neccesary to go around banning the flags and photographing yee!! what ever yee do dont let it put yee off supporting yeer team non-stop as yee arent the criminals and shouldn't be forced into a protest that stops yee from fully supporting yeer team.

best of luck lads, great potential there saturday night and yeer new like ourselves but think we have the same difficulty in trying to get our boards know that we're only trying to add a bit of colour and vocal support to the game. ULTRAS NOT CRIMINALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm not going to anymore away matches.
    Just not worth it but it'll be interesting to see what happens on friday

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The problem is the club are treating us with no respect and also obviously dont realise how much power we have.
    We are the loyal supporters.Without us they're nothing. If we all dont go to away matches then there wont be enough for a bus and soon enough you wont see any away support at games.
    If we dont go to home games then theres no colour no voice no support nothing. Who are the players going to clap to at the end of the game if we're not there?
    We pay to go into the grounds and we're treated like this!They should be grateful to even have fans who are willing to put in a lot of time and money in setting up an ultra group.
    For the past few days i havent been able to get this off my mind its really infuriating to think that on friday we are going to be watched like criminals.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the seagull View Post
    The problem is the club are treating us with no respect and also obviously dont realise how much power we have.
    We are the loyal supporters.Without us they're nothing. If we all dont go to away matches then there wont be enough for a bus and soon enough you wont see any away support at games.
    If we dont go to home games then theres no colour no voice no support nothing. Who are the players going to clap to at the end of the game if we're not there?
    We pay to go into the grounds and we're treated like this!They should be grateful to even have fans who are willing to put in a lot of time and money in setting up an ultra group.
    For the past few days i havent been able to get this off my mind its really infuriating to think that on friday we are going to be watched like criminals.
    Fair play to ya mate you's have 2 do something I don't go in with the 'ultras' crowd but it's great to see and hear you's.
    A silent protest would be very interesting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast