Thread: eircom League wins Marketing Awards

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

eircom League wins Marketing Awards

From FAI.ie

eircom League of Ireland Campaign Scores Gold at the An Post Direct Marketing Awards Date: Monday, 12 May 2008[RIGHT]Section: eircom League[/RIGHT]
    The ‘Local Legends. Lifetime Supporters’ campaign, which was developed by McConnells Fusion, scooped a highly coveted Gold award in one of the most contested categories of the night; Best Integrated Campaign. The campaign was also awarded a Silver in the ‘Best Responsive Broadcast’ category, which demonstrates how well the campaign was received its target audiences.

The ‘Local Legends. Lifetime Supporters’ campaign comprised radio and press advertisements, which featured 12 hand-picked eircom League of Ireland supporters all chosen to represent their local club and showcase their passion for the League and sport. The campaign also comprised outdoor and club and match attendance incentive programmes.

“We are delighted to have won these awards at the An Post Direct Marketing Awards,” says Fran Gavin, Director, eircom League of Ireland. “This is the first time we have undertaken a marketing campaign of this scale and we are thrilled that it has been recognized with two awards by our colleagues in the industry. I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who worked on the campaign and to especially thank all the fans for their input and support.”

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I have noticed Newstalk are now using similar format for their own adverts.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    I have noticed Newstalk are now using similar format for their own adverts.
    imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
    Fair Play died Nov 18th 2009, Stade Francais.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    I haven't seen or heard any of the ads so can't comment. But it is interesting that an Eircom League camopaign wins an award.

Though whoever rund the award needs to buy themselves a Marketing text book, as radio etc ads aren't Direct marketing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    I like 'em. The only fault is they saturate the breaks on Saturday sport programmes when by then most games for the week have already been played on the Friday night.
    "oh my, that was some beer we had last night, I think I feel like getting sick" Effin Eddie

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve View Post
    Though whoever rund the award needs to buy themselves a Marketing text book, as radio etc ads aren't Direct marketing.
    Well spotted. Just reading again & with An Post sponsoring I would have expected mail shots & similar campaigns to be considered. They could be including the free texts but ‘Local Legends. Lifetime Supporters’ campaign was restricted to tv, radio & internet banner ads. Why would An Post sponsor marketing that promotes electronic mail...?

http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    Well spotted. Just reading again & with An Post sponsoring I would have expected mail shots & similar campaigns to be considered. They could be including the free texts but ‘Local Legends. Lifetime Supporters’ campaign was restricted to tv, radio & internet banner ads. Why would An Post sponsor marketing that promotes electronic mail...?

Isn't it carried on all Eircom phone bill envelopes too? I'd imagine this qualifies. Good to see an award like this being won anyway. Raises the profile that little bit further.

Tallaght Stadium Regular