Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Marc Wilson

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Wilson's recovery on course: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...328904958.html

Wilson, meanwhile, is more specific about his position with the Stoke City left back insisting that he will be fit and available for the March games despite Trapattoni all but writing him off before Christmas due to what the manager said was a very bad leg break.

“If everything goes according to plan I’ll be back and fully fit well before the Sweden game,” says the 25-year-old northerner, “that’s a big target for me.

“The game in Sweden could well define the group so it’s a game that I don’t want to miss and once there’s no problem with the injury I’ll be available to the manager. I have had a few texts from the Ireland manager, asking how I was getting on, so I was able to tell him that things are on course.”

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    'Wilson, meanwhile, is more specific about his position with the Stoke City left back insisting that he will be fit and available for the March games despite Trapattoni all but writing him off before Christmas due to what the manager said was a very bad leg break.'

Malone is slyly attempting to put a black mark on Trap's diagnostic prowess.
    Far from "all but writing off Wilson", Trap's was reported by the Indo in December, where he was hopeful that Wilson would recover in time for the Sweden/Austria games.

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    Yes he is "reported" in the Independent as saying that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ifk101 View Post
    Yes he is "reported" in the Independent as saying that.
    There's about 15 alluded to digs at the Indo there. Nice.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

6. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    All very fine, but I don't let prejudice stand in the way of an objective analysis and I remain much more convinced by the veracity of Indo article than the Malone sly dig
    Furthermore, the Indo 'take' is supported by Wilson himself,
    "I have had a few texts from the Ireland manager, asking how I was getting on, so I was able to tell him that things are on course."
    The "course" was determined in late Oct/early November that Wilson would need 3 months to recover fitness.

Trap's diagnostic prowess remains solid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    All very fine, but I don't let prejudice stand in the way of an objective analysis and I remain much more convinced by the veracity of Indo article than the Malone sly dig
    Furthermore, the Indo 'take' is supported by Wilson himself,
    "I have had a few texts from the Ireland manager, asking how I was getting on, so I was able to tell him that things are on course."
    The "course" was determined in late Oct/early November that Wilson would need 3 months to recover fitness.

Trap's diagnostic prowess remains solid.
    In helping you achieve an objective analysis, I merely commented on the article you linked to offer you guidance in your quest.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    Marc's Road To Recovery

PUBLISHED
    17:57 5th February 2013
    Marc Wilson makes his first appearance in over three months

MARC WILSON took another major step on his road to recovery on Tuesday afternoon . . . playing for 75 minutes of the Potters’ behind closed doors friendly against Northampton Town.

The Republic of Ireland international hasn’t featured for the Club in over three months, having sustained a broken leg in the goalless draw with Sunderland at the Britannia Stadium last October.

However, he came through his first outing since then unscathed, and following the match he was quick to praise the Club’s medical team for the work they have done during his time on the sidelines.

“It went as well as could have been expected today,” he told stokecityfc.com. “It’s been three months now since I had my operation, so to get back out there and get some minutes under my belt feels really good.

“It’s been a tough journey, but the lads who I have had working with me on a daily basis have been a different class, and I undoubtedly owe a lot to them.

“I’ve had to be patient, because as a player you want to get back as soon as possible. But with a broken leg you have to take your time, be clever and make sure you do everything right.”

Whilst refusing to put a time frame upon his potential availability for first-team duties, the 25-year-old believes that he could be ready for a return within a few weeks, pending no major reaction to his leg.

“I don’t want to put an exact time scale on things, because these sort of injuries have to be managed properly,” he added.

“If all goes well then I could be back within a few weeks; if that is the case then that would be absolutely fantastic.

“I felt fine with the running aspects of things, but I can tell that I am a little bit rusty. Once I have sharpened up a little bit I will be fine to go again; and I can’t wait for it.”

http://www.stokecityfc.com/news/arti...ry-640638.aspx
    "We lost because we didn't win"- Ronaldo

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Excellent news.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Good to have decent back up availble for Cunningham.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    He looks a bit like Chris O'Dowd....

*nod to Crosby87, wink to theworm2345, high five Nigel!*
    Last edited by SkStu; 06/02/2013 at 4:17 PM.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    He looks a bit like Chris O'Dowd....

*nod to Crosby87, wink to theworm2345*

https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    fixed...

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    completed 90 minutes for the reserves: http://www.stokecityfc.com/news/arti...=full#anchored
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

20. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    completed 90 minutes for the reserves: http://www.stokecityfc.com/news/arti...=full#anchored
    That is a very strong stoke reserve side god that fat ape charlie adam really was a one club wonder. Heneghan is supposed to be one of ours i think used be at everton

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    'Wilson set for return to action': http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/engli...urn-to-action/

Marc Wilson is targeting a return to senior action with Stoke in this weekend's Barclays Premier League clash with Fulham after four months out of action with a broken leg.

The versatile Republic of Ireland international has been sidelined since suffering the setback against Sunderland in October.

But Wilson is optimistic of being available for the Potters' trip to Craven Cottage if he comes through a third practice match this afternoon - against Scunthorpe - unscathed.

Wilson told Stoke's official website: "I am looking towards the Fulham game now as a possible return to action.

"I think the game today will benefit me, and then I have the rest of the week to get myself right for the weekend.

"I want to be back out on the pitch, because watching from the stands just isn't the same."

Wilson has not experienced any setbacks since his return to training at the end of January.

He said: "I've had a few weeks of training, and I've played in a few games now too.

"The good news is that I haven't felt any twinges. If anything, it is just general stiffness, which was to be expected."

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    167 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    Fingers crossed he comes back this weekend or next. Because he's going to be badly needed in the Irish defence in Stockholm.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    If he saw some game time at the weekend, there would be a further three games for Stoke before the break for the Sweden game. You would want MW to play the full 90 mins (or close to it) in the two games prior. If he does, then definitely worth serious consideration.

Im not sure if some many lads would be calling for inclusion if he not got that screamer against the FI. However, there is still little doubt he merits the first choice LB spot considering his performances for Stoke. Cunningham is worth a mention, played well in the Poland match, seems to be doing ok for Bristol City, albeit the club are having a poor season.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    So long as ward is nowhere near the team we should be ok, cunningham is probably the best option for us, he looks more natural on the left, if he could bulk up a little. Wilson can get caught out of position a bit, as he comes in, again probably because he is not a natural left-back, but at this moment in time there isn't much between picking him ahead of cunningham, other than he looks more settled and comfortable on the ball.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    So long as ward is nowhere near the team we should be ok, cunningham is probably the best option for us, he looks more natural on the left, if he could bulk up a little. Wilson can get caught out of position a bit, as he comes in, again probably because he is not a natural left-back, but at this moment in time there isn't much between picking him ahead of cunningham, other than he looks more settled and comfortable on the ball.
    He's already bulked up massively from when he made his debut in the RDS
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    I thought Cunningham did look a bit scrawny against Poland.
    I hope Paul isn't suggesting that he do something illegal in order to bulk up.

Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast