Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sam Maguire

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    geysir you alluded to the fact that your first love of gaa was the farneymen, but are you actually a mongan yourself?! You certainly have a keen interest in all things mongan.

I dont what it is with the breeding up that way but all those forwards for monaghan look jaded after about 10 minutes of running, big red cheeks on them, and about a stone or 2 overweight, yet their fitness levels are up their with the best of them. Big tough lads and suprisingly quick.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    well another interesting week in the world of Ga

all i can say is thank Christ for the hurling. Cyril was right......the best game in the world. That Cork team were excellent, the subs were perfect, and jeez that team is so fit and fast. Surely some LOI team could get a loan of those boys for a few weeks. Pity to see a decent clare team knocked out, but the Cork - Kilkenny game should be a cracker

As for the other stuff. More diving from the "hard men" that play ga. nearly every game i see now there is diving. Pity to see a great player like Doher even at it.
    Also still yet to see a decent game in the championship.

Agree with martin mchugh on the BBC, i think fermanagh could go further than Armagh, even if they are in the qualifiers. i fancy them to beat Kerry.

Westmeath and tyrone were both disastrous. Think Flaherta hasn't a clue really. No good defending brilliantly if you cant get your forwards up the pitch to score.
    Tyrone don't look great either

So far at this stage Galway look about the best of a bad lot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    Galway to win the Sam Bennocelt? I'd be very very surprised. Joyce will be looked after properly at the Q Finals stage. If Monaghan get past Kerry then they are going to be hard to stop.

Fermanagh should beat Kildare.

Down will beat Wexford

Mayo-Tyrone? If we turn up you never know. Another slow start like the Galway game and no chance.

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennocelt View Post
    Agree with martin mchugh on the BBC, i think fermanagh could go further than Armagh, even if they are in the qualifiers. i fancy them to beat Kerry.

ooppps my mistake
    but i also fancy Monaghan to beat Kerry

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,915 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    geysir you alluded to the fact that your first love of gaa was the farneymen, but are you actually a mongan yourself?! You certainly have a keen interest in all things mongan.
    It's Monhan or Monnon but definitly not Mongan
    Of course I'm from Monaghan.

I dont what it is with the breeding up that way but all those forwards for monaghan look jaded after about 10 minutes of running, big red cheeks on them, and about a stone or 2 overweight, yet their fitness levels are up their with the best of them. Big tough lads and suprisingly quick
    Well I don't know about the breeding. Unlike some of our compatriots out West, we didn't do abominable things to sheep and we were caned if we showed a bit of extra normal interest in our shapely cousins.

There are 4 midgets playing up front along with Corey (the steeplejack) and Rory Woods. Probably you are thinking about Woods. He is the overweight shape with legs that motor. He was MOTM against Donegal. In full flight he is impossible to tackle without fouling, it's like trying to get a grip on a speeding barrel.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Wexford, Kerry, Mayo and Kildare will all come through this weekend. Get down to the bookies and don't say you weren't told!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,915 Posts
    It would be less of an embarrassment to go down to the bookies looking for a skyhook than to go with that bet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Paul Galvin had his suspension shortened to 3 months today. I'm personally happy for him I know many others wont be
    Ever get the feelin' you have been cheated?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,915 Posts
    Galvin's actual championship match game ban has been reduced from a max. of 5 games to a max. of 4 games.
    Unless Kerry get to the final, Galvin won't see another championship game this year.

Will the Kerryman lead with 'Galvin Available for Kerry in the Final'

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    The North Kerry Edition or the South Kerry edition geysir?!
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    Galvin's actual championship match game ban has been reduced from a max. of 5 games to a max. of 4 games.
    Unless Kerry get to the final, Galvin won't see another championship game this year.

Will the Kerryman lead with 'Galvin Available for Kerry in the Final'
    He'll be available for a lot club games though now as most(or at least a lot of) games are played after September so while his intercounty year is over pretty much his club season isn't.
    Life isn't all beer and football...some of us haven't touched a football in months

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,915 Posts
    I'm sure Galvin is relieved he doesn't have to tog out against Monaghan after getting battered black and blue last year and meekly retreating off the field in the 2nd half. He is more of a pseudo hard man, probably better suited to playing against the likes of Dublin than a genuine hard bog team like Monaghan.
    But Daragh O'Sé will be like a pig in muck against his old nemesis Dick Clerkin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    I'm sure Galvin is relieved he doesn't have to tog out against Monaghan after getting battered black and blue last year and meekly retreating off the field in the 2nd half. He is more of a pseudo hard man, probably better suited to playing against the likes of Dublin than a genuine hard bog team like Monaghan.
    But Daragh O'Sé will be like a pig in muck against his old nemesis Dick Clerkin.
    I can't wait for tomorrow I really can't. I hope to God our lads don't let us down, cause I'd love to ram some of the shyte I've been putting up with for 3 weeks (and the past week in particular) back down peoples throats.

Shocking first match between Down and Wexford. Down were absolute gash, and the fact they pushed Tyrone all the way would make you wonder about the quality of these sides.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    I can't wait for tomorrow I really can't. I hope to God our lads don't let us down, cause I'd love to ram some of the shyte I've been putting up with for 3 weeks (and the past week in particular) back down peoples throats.

Shocking first match between Down and Wexford. Down were absolute gash, and the fact they pushed Tyrone all the way would make you wonder about the quality of these sides.
    The beat Tyrone in a replay didn't they?
    I'm what? I'm ants at a picnic?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Tyrone have beaten Mayo by 1 point.

Not a great game at all.

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    425 Posts
    Great to see Wexford bounce back. Terrible game of football. Did what was needed, never gave Down a sniff of a goal and without goals they were never going to win it.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paudie View Post
    The beat Tyrone in a replay didn't they?
    Yes I phrased that one poorly to be fair. Its not been a great championship at all. The GAA putting the 4 qualifiers in croker has been a ridiculous decision. Tyrone took 65 mins to show the country the Tyrone we're used to seeing.
    Armagh will be loving this. They still aren't recognised as the favourites which I believe they should be. The quarter final draw is going to be very interesting.

Armagh Dublin Cork Galway
    Wexford Tyrone Kerry/Mon Fer/Kil.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Thanks a lot Mayo for ruining my predictions with your pathetic attempts at kicking the ball over the bar. Tyrone not much better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    Yes I phrased that one poorly to be fair. Its not been a great championship at all. The GAA putting the 4 qualifiers in croker has been a ridiculous decision. Tyrone took 65 mins to show the country the Tyrone we're used to seeing.
    Armagh will be loving this. They still aren't recognised as the favourites which I believe they should be. The quarter final draw is going to be very interesting.

Armagh Dublin Cork Galway
    Wexford Tyrone Kerry/Mon Fer/Kil.
    Not sure about Armagh being favourites. If Fermanagh could kick a point they'd have won the Ulster final easily.

Going on performances alone Cork or Dublin should be favourites but if Kerry get past Monaghan tommorrow they'd be hard to beat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paudie View Post
    Not sure about Armagh being favourites. If Fermanagh could kick a point they'd have won the Ulster final easily.

Going on performances alone Cork or Dublin should be favourites but if Kerry get past Monaghan tommorrow they'd be hard to beat.
    you see thats the thing no one team has put in performances you could call exceptional, apart from the Dubs, and their performances have to be balanced with the quality of the teams they faced.

Cork were gash against Limerick who in turn got knocked out by an utterly brutal Kildare. Cork only played well for 35 mins so far. Galway haven't played well. Fermanagh if they face a team willing to work as hard as them will be beaten. Kerry ? Who knows. Same with Monaghan.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast