Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sam Maguire

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennocelt View Post
    Still think Kerry will do more than Cork in this years champs.

The referring so far has been terrible, it looks like the GA is now a bit like soccer with players diving and gettting easy frees. I thought it was awful that none of the TV3 panel mentioned anything about all the easy frees giving out in the Dublin -Wmeath game. It ruined the game for me.
    And i dont think any of the 3 players yesterday deserved to be sent off. Maybe the refs are trying to make a name for themselves?

Also why do some Ga players now have gumshields?
    Bizarre
    This is why.

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    yeah but some of the hurlers dont even wear helmets!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Also why do some Gaa players now have gumshields? Bizarre
    I wear one..it's a physical sport and you're going to get belts..some in the mouth...while I didn't really wear any up to a few years ago I wouldn't go on a field without one now. You'll get a knock in the mouth every now and again so why take the chance?
    I got a bad knock(accidental) during a club game a few months ago where if I didn't have the mouth guard on, my front tooth(teeth) would have been knocked clean out...I still had to get a root canal on that tooth though but I'd take that over a fake tooth any day!

Also what a second half performance by Cork...and I've never experienced rain like the rain we got at half time during the game.I was almost crouched down on the ground with my umbrella and the rain was boucing off the ground and hitting my face it was raining so hard. Still though it was well worth it...like 99 all over again! Great to hear the banks being roared out after the presentation! Pride restored! Now to do a number on them in Croker!
    Last edited by ollie; 08/07/2008 at 12:52 PM.
    Life isn't all beer and football...some of us haven't touched a football in months

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Also why do some Ga players now have gumshields? Bizarre

My little brother who is just 13 years old, had two teeth knocked out in a game and had to under go surgery again so I'm all for gumshields.
    Ever get the feelin' you have been cheated?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    The big one has finally arrived.......the Connacht final I'm flying over tomorrow for it so I'm hoping we turn up this year. Galway knocked us around big time last year so fingers crossed we make amends. We have to win Sunday because we are absolutely useless in the qualifiers......the momentum is lost.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    My 10 year old is play both football and GAA. The GAA is starting to get competitive now. He got an elbow in the mouth last week, was thinking of getting him a gum shield. Just wondering how much they cost.
    Always look on the bright side of life

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker1982 View Post
    The big one has finally arrived.......the Connacht final I'm flying over tomorrow for it so I'm hoping we turn up this year. Galway knocked us around big time last year so fingers crossed we make amends. We have to win Sunday because we are absolutely useless in the qualifiers......the momentum is lost.
    be sure to cheer on the ros minors in the match beforehand.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    I'd make Roscommon slight favourites for that one Paul. Mayo haven't won a Connacht minors title since 2001 so maybe we are due one?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie View Post
    I wear one..it's a physical sport and you're going to get belts..some in the mouth...while I didn't really wear any up to a few years ago I wouldn't go on a field without one now. You'll get a knock in the mouth every now and again so why take the chance?
    I got a bad knock(accidental) during a club game a few months ago where if I didn't have the mouth guard on, my front tooth(teeth) would have been knocked clean out...I still had to get a root canal on that tooth though but I'd take that over a fake tooth any day!
    !
    actually thats fair enough
    i guess it was different in my day .jeez i remember in the old days, with my local team, running the sheep and cows off the local pitch before a game, then having to wipe the cow****e off my legs and arms after the game , and we had to change behind the bushes.....never mind wearing gumshields!!!
    i guess people are softer (smarter?) these days

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Or perhaps the game has just changed and become that bit tougher
    Ever get the feelin' you have been cheated?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    I'd make Roscommon slight favourites for that one Paul. Mayo haven't won a Connacht minors title since 2001 so maybe we are due one?!
    well yer prolly gone now, but no mayo are straight favourites, roscommon forwards are very poor.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Two fairly entertaining matces today. The Connacht final was a cracker, fair play to Galway for staying cool. Mayo kept losing points as soon as they had just scored.

Tipp were too good for Clare. Delighted to see them do it so well. Cummins attitude was amazing. Saving a pointless free in the last few minutes and celebrating that way was a joy to watch.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Was up in Castlebar for the game, i'm now convinced that we have the WORST midfield in the country, it's pathetic the amount of ball we lose in the middle sector, on todays game alone i'd put it at 80% of kickouts were won by Mayo, granted Mayo would have one of the strongest in the country but it's still not good enough, i reckon we would be head and shoulders above the rest if we could sort that area, we can compete with anyone even with the problem.

Was very disappointing to throw away a 7 point lead, when they got there goal i taught that was it, battled back well from there though and never let them get back on top!
    There's the right way, the wrong way.... and the Max Power way!! :-D

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,915 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilberto_eire View Post
    Was up in Castlebar for the game, i'm now convinced that we have the WORST midfield in the country, it's pathetic the amount of ball we lose in the middle sector, on todays game alone i'd put it at 80% of kickouts were won by Mayo, granted Mayo would have one of the strongest in the country but it's still not good enough, i reckon we would be head and shoulders above the rest if we could sort that area, we can compete with anyone even with the problem.

Was very disappointing to throw away a 7 point lead, when they got there goal i taught that was it, battled back well from there though and never let them get back on top!
    How much moaning would you be doing if you had lost?
    It was a ding dong battle in the second half, really enjoyable to watch for a neutral.
    The ref should have played for one of those GAA draws

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    .jeez i remember in the old days, with my local team, running the sheep and cows off the local pitch before a game, then having to wipe the cow****e off my legs and arms after the game , and we had to change behind the bushes.....never mind wearing gumshields!!!
    That still happens in my parts....but it's when we're playing soccer matches...pigs sh!te is grand..you can scatter it around a bit but but cow sh!te is different altogether..luckily I only recall playing in that once pitch where cows left their mark.

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy
    My 10 year old is play both football and GAA. The GAA is starting to get competitive now. He got an elbow in the mouth last week, was thinking of getting him a gum shield. Just wondering how much they cost.
    Ah you'd get a good one for under 20. I'd go with shock doctor.they're the ones I have. You can go to the dentist to get ones as well but they cost a lot more.
    Life isn't all beer and football...some of us haven't touched a football in months

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    Got back late last night and am just about recovered. For the guys who were moaning about how boring Connacht games (earlier on in the thread) are take a bow. Great game and the atmosphere was fantastic. We didn't deserve the win after a shambles of a first half to be honest, we played well in the second half and Galway were there for the taking but Heaney and co thought it would be a good idea to let Joyce have the freedom of the pitch. You give a class player like that the time to do damage and he'll win games. I'll watch the game tonight but I'm 100% certain that the meath ref was an absolute ****. Until Mayo start picking hard men and not midgets with no fire they will never win an AI. There are plenty of good players in north Mayo who are overlooked because Conor Mortimer doesn't want to play with em. Kieran McDonald meanwhile sits on his hole whilst our front 6 couldn't hit a point from 20 yards.........crazy times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Got back late last night and am just about recovered. For the guys who were moaning about how boring Connacht games (earlier on in the thread) are take a bow. Great game and the atmosphere was fantastic..
    that was me then
    still it wasnt as good as a real football (soccer) game, loads of simple mistakes and the like but im willing to put my hand up and say it was a good game

i think Joyce is class, but man did he have to dive like a girl?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    Will the Dubs turn up on time this weekend for the Leinster final clash? How difficult is it to get to a game on time? I hope the GAA do not go back on their word to throw in regardless of how many fans are still in the Big Tree. Would be nice to see Wexford win, same goes for Fermanagh.......the qualifiers would sure look tasty.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    i honestly cant see it, there will be an even bigger crowd (hence more fair weathers) so you can be sure there will still be plenty arriving in and around throw in time. Would be nice to see fermanagh win alright, but Armagh are looking like the team from a couple of years ago again. Donegal to get our season back on track tomorrow too, think there will be some big changes to our forward line as well
    Havin a weekend away is quite frankly,lettin ur team mates down!

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    425 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EAFC_rdfl View Post
    i honestly cant see it, there will be an even bigger crowd (hence more fair weathers) so you can be sure there will still be plenty arriving in and around throw in time. Would be nice to see fermanagh win alright, but Armagh are looking like the team from a couple of years ago again. Donegal to get our season back on track tomorrow too, think there will be some big changes to our forward line as well
    I plan on being there for 3 o'clock, bringing the girlfriend though (she hates pretty much all sport but would enjoy seeing the Dubs beat Wexford) so wouldn't be surprised if we end up being late. Looking forward to it, it's a massive occasion for Wexford football, it's a long way from national league games in front of about 100 people in Wexford Park.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast