Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MNS - First Division Related

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

MNS - First Division Related

I like the show as the League is getting exposure but what is really grinding my gears lol, is that the First Division is getting non-existent coverage. I for one have had enough, i would advise all supporters of First Division sides to email mns@rte.ie and complain about this injustice and non-exposure of our teams it's an utter disgrace.

??
    YNWA LFC
    Forza Youths!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ForKeeps View Post
    I like the show as the League is getting exposure but what is really grinding my gears lol, is that the First Division is getting non-existent coverage. I for one have had enough, i would advise all supporters of First Division sides to email mns@rte.ie and complain about this injustice and non-exposure of our teams it's an utter disgrace.

??
    As a premier division supporter I actually agree with you. They should have highlights from at leats one match each week
    The deepest layer of human thinking and feeling somehow knows that God must exist - Pope Benedict XVI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Look - the best way I can equate this is that no-one wants to watch the donkey derby when you've got the Grand National on down the road...

Resources as they stand don't permit the covering of "First Division" soccer without compromising the integrity of the standard of Premier Division game coverage on MNS.

I'd rather sit through 10 minutes of analysis and highlights of Derry vs. St Pats than get 5 minutes of that and 5 minutes devoted to Kildare County vs Athlone Town.

At a push - they should maybe show some highlights from a game towards the end of the season if it's between the top 2 or has some bearing on the title (eg. The game when promotion is secured)
    Kom Igen, FCK...

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    never a truer word said...............

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    RTE only made a commitment to show all the Premier division games which they have kept to so far. Pointless criticising from for not showing Kildare v Monaghan.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    In fairness its not like we see to many highlights as is. There's more time spent talking and on other features than there is on actual match highlights

Next will probably have less football as they're having the Fai cup draw during the show.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    wouldnt mind seeing waterford utd's new stand.
    wha bout finn harps new stadium when they get relegated........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Much and all as I would love to see more first division coverage, I am hoping that they hold off until we get things back on track. Would die if had to watch "highlights" of our recent games against Waterford and Kildare.

Maybe they could do a highlights package for first division just for their website for now and see what the interest is like?

They should maybe give a little more mention to the first than just the results and fixtures but I dont blame them for not covering it fully at the moment. Maybe they could do a club feature every now and again and include 1st division in that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ??
    I would advise all supporters of football generally to email mns@rte.ie to beg them not to expose First Division football to public scrutiny, when we are trying to persuade fans of ManU etc that the game here is worth watching.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicme View Post

Maybe they could do a highlights package for first division just for their website for now and see what the interest is like?
    Great Idea. Here have one of these

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Probably agree that the general standard of 1st division football would not make great telly but I'm surprised at the derision Premier League supporters are aiming towards their LOI colleagues. Surely, the ultimate goal is to promote League football in general.

I don't see why a feature couldn't be included to do a profile of every LOI team (facilities, stadium, matchday build up, key personnel, potential, fans etc)

One a week would cover all clubs

PS I can understand why Reiteoir might need 10 minutes of analysis on a Derry V Pats game but most of us get by just watching the bloomin' thing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    The point i wanted to make about the lack of First Divison coverage is that considering it is more competitive than usually is previous seasons espeically with one promotion spot going this season. All teams are evenly matched apart from a few freak results dished out to Monaghan in the last 2 matchdays. Espeically with the draw of the clubs in the division Shels, Dundalk, Waterford, Sporting Fingal which are the main contenders if Longford can sort themselves out. Even at that my club Wexford Youths, although small in stature, have improved this season on last year in terms of performances and results. The Fingal game apart we have given a good account ourselves and should not be underestimated when the draw for the League Cup quarter-finals comes out....

We only have to look up North how bad coverage of the League is up there. Hopefully, this won't happen here down South, we need to promote all aspects including the A Championship and u-21's. It would give all of us fans to get a glimpse at emerging talent. RTE just don't have a clue. The coverage of soccer in Ireland needs a re-structure so it can be promoted better, League and Cup games.
    Last edited by 5ForKeeps; 08/05/2008 at 5:19 PM.
    YNWA LFC
    Forza Youths!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    RTE only made a commitment to show all the Premier division games which they have kept to so far.
    That is it in a nutshell. They are doing what they have said they would do. They will not send cameras to Fist div grounds to do weekly highlights as the cost would be too much. I know TV3 used to take footage from clubs but RTE wont do that it seems (unless its very good quality)

Quote Originally Posted by Magicme View Post
    That is a good idea and should be suggested. And further to that, there is nothing stopping anyone doing a podcast on the first div either.

Quote Originally Posted by oldyouth View Post
    I don't see why a feature couldn't be included to do a profile of every LOI team (facilities, stadium, matchday build up, key personnel, potential, fans etc)
    That is a good idea as well and should be suggested. A feature on all clubs

One a week would cover all clubs
    Cant see it happening in one week to be honest. What would it be like? Just a blurr trying to fit in everyone. One a week would be the way to go.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

RTE just don't have a clue. The coverage of soccer in Ireland needs a re-structure so it can be promoted better, League and Cup games.
    You're lucky you weren;t around for the TV3 era so.

Quote Originally Posted by A face View Post
    That is a good idea and should be suggested. And further to that, there is nothing stopping anyone doing a podcast on the first div either.

Is there one for the Prem?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D.U.F.C Daire View Post
    Is there one for the Prem?
    Yeah, its here
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    I'd like to see the First Div goals at least. The goals couldn't be that much to show. They could get through the five games in a few minutes and maybe have a look at the table and go through the fixtures.

They could drop 60 (please) and get Jacqui Hurley to commentate on the First Div goals.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superfrank View Post
    I'd like to see the First Div goals at least. The goals couldn't be that much to show. They could get through the five games in a few minutes and maybe have a look at the table and go through the fixtures.

They could drop 60 (please) and get Jacqui Hurley to commentate on the First Div goals.
    Cameras, there is no way they will pay for cameras to go to circa extra 5 games a week and only show 5 minutes footage. Its not going to happen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superfrank View Post

It's the cost of getting the equipment and a cameraman to another 5 grounds which would be the stumbling block.
    DCFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pól-dcfc
    It's the cost of getting the equipment and a cameraman to another 5 grounds which would be the stumbling block.
    Quote Originally Posted by A face View Post
    Cameras, there is no way they will pay for cameras to go to circa extra 5 games a week and only show 5 minutes footage. Its not going to happen.
    Don't Dundalk record some of their matches? I'm pretty sure they have a Youtube section, as well as Athlone. I know Limerick had enough to put together some footage from their matches to make the Setanta add.

If the clubs were willing to supply the footage (clearly some of them are already recording their matches), at no cost to RTE, they should definitely show the goals.

Whatever they do, they should get rid of 60.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    RTE have studio's all around the country in the main region town's/cities. For example, in City Square in Waterford if Damien Tiernan can go around doing feck all why don't they get him and a camera and do the Waterford/Wexford home games likewise in Limerick. Surely someone can come out of Donnybrook to show highlights of Shels and Sporting Fingal home games. Setanta need to have more of an input as well as RTE. TV3 were useless alrite but the MNS show is near on the same as their Eircom League Weekly except longer and more analysis and that 60 second crap.

They should have highlights package which covers all the games over the weekend in both divisions. Show at least 1 game both the FAI Ford Cup and Eircom League Cup rounds and show both semi-finals and final on TV to promote the game more in the country at club level just like what is happening with the Setanta Cup. As usual, FAI are backward thinking just like our government.
    Last edited by 5ForKeeps; 08/05/2008 at 7:55 PM.
    YNWA LFC
    Forza Youths!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast