Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MNS - First Division Related

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superfrank View Post
    I'd like to see the First Div goals at least. The goals couldn't be that much to show.
    Thats about all we see of the premier division anyway. I wonder was there a camera at the Dundalk & Shels match?
    As the old saying goes you have to crawl before you can walk, so id say let rte focus on the premier division first, some players in the 1st division cant even run anyway
    We'll never die, we'll never die

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by shelsfan1 View Post
    no one's really askin them to show 5 mins of kildare vs monaghan. but earlier in the season and last night they had a great opperyunity with shels vs dundalk. good crowds(more than some premier games) and a bit of excitement in the games. there's no point just showing the table at the end of mns cos it doesn't show the state of the game in the first division and that there really is a battle for the title
    That is the whole point of why i created this thread in a nutshell and to provide a good discussion what people think.
    Last edited by 5ForKeeps; 09/05/2008 at 10:47 AM.
    YNWA LFC
    Forza Youths!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face View Post
    What first division clubs have footage of their games?
    I film every Athlone Town game and it would be of broadcast quality (mpeg 2) and I have sent stuff to TV3 and the company involved in the end of year awards before. The home games would be excellent as it is filmed from the press area without obstructions in the way.

Follow Us on Facebook and Twitter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    They could easily show highlights of the biggers first division games. tv3 used to show the all the rovers games. couldn't we see some highlights of a game like dundalk v shelbourne last night? There would be plenty of interest in it, its already looking like the first division is going to be a tight contest this year.

At the very least in the piece at the end of the show where they go through the results they always show next weeks premier league fixtures but never the first division ones, that would only take 20 seconds for feck sake!

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    I haven't watched in recent weeks, but have they even started showing the fixtures for the 1st yet? It would be good if they showed highlights from one match a week, or even every few weeks - last nights game for example is obviously enough an important one in the scheme of things.

I have to say, as a now a first division fan, there isn't enough to keep me watching MNS - not enough highlights, too much irrelevant bull from panelists, not enough analysis. They could easily free up 2 or 3 minutes for some mention of the 1st.

Premier Division Supporters seem like the new barstoolers judging by this thread - "sure why would we watch that rubbish, it's crap"
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Réiteoir View Post
    Look - the best way I can equate this is that no-one wants to watch the donkey derby when you've got the Grand National on down the road...
    The grand national? Are you for real? By that logic they'd be better off scrapping the whole things and showing another English Premier League show. Or an SPL one maybe. There are more Celtic fans in this country (however lazy their fandom is) than there are of all 22 league clubs combined. Overall I don't see any reason why they'd do more than pay lip service to the First Division but don't get too carried away either. Plenty of clubs have come up from the first division and done reasonably well in the last few years so the gulf isn't quite what you're alluding to and certainly if the first division is a donkey derby the Premier is a long, long way from the Grand National.

Quote Originally Posted by superfrank View Post
    Whatever they do, they should get rid of 60.
    Never was a truer word spoken. For all the talk of making the league look professional amateur crap like this is an embarrasment.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shelsfan1 View Post
    no one's really askin them to show 5 mins of kildare vs monaghan. but earlier in the season and last night they had a great opperyunity with shels vs dundalk. good crowds(more than some premier games) and a bit of excitement in the games. there's no point just showing the table at the end of mns cos it doesn't show the state of the game in the first division and that there really is a battle for the title
    But it's totally inconsistant. It just wouldn't fit with the programme. A decision was made (the right one) to show Premier Division highlights. Do the BBC ever say on MOTD, "First we've got Liverpool and Chelsea, after that Newcastle take on Man United, oh and there was a really exciting Championship match you just have to see as well." No, because it looks amateur and it's inconsistant. Where do you stop? What's the criteria for showing a match? Over 2100 fans? More than 2 goals? More than 4 pieces of skill?

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thischarmingman View Post
    No, because it looks amateur and it's inconsistant.
    More like they don't have the rights? The Championship programme on ITV shows goals for all 3 leagues without being amateur or inconsistant. Of actually match of the day in the early rounds of the FA Cup come to think of it, with a lot bigger difference in standards too.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy View Post
    More like they don't have the rights? The Championship programme on ITV shows goals for all 3 leagues without being amateur or inconsistant. Of actually match of the day in the early rounds of the FA Cup come to think of it, with a lot bigger difference in standards too.
    Yes, and note that they have a totally separate programme for the lower leagues. I'm sure if they wanted the rights badly enough they could get them but being a tax-funded state broadcaster they can't justify the expense.

Early rounds of the cup is obviously totally different to week-in-week-out league action and it's not what we're talking about here but given the choice between a top of the the table Championship clash in the cup or Reading v Blackburn, guess which one the BBC will braodcast?

Why can't we do our best to try and change the image of the EL by putting on the most professional programme we possibly can and then a couple of years down the line when we hopefully have more exposure, more money and more fans, we can start showing Division One highlights? If I was trying to build a house the very first thing I'd do would be to make sure I bought the plot, got planning permission and arranged for the foundations to be laid. I wouldn't begin by choosing the colour of the settee.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thischarmingman View Post
    If I was trying to build a house the very first thing I'd do would be to make sure I bought the plot, got planning permission and arranged for the foundations to be laid. I wouldn't begin by choosing the colour of the settee.
    You are such a man! I would build the house around my furniture and colour schemes, but then I once bought a car solely on the basis that it was purple.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicme View Post
    You are such a man!
    Funny you should post that literally seconds after I got 30% in the gay test...

http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=90042

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Is there going to be first division highlights on MNS now? Thers was a camera at the Waterford game tonight for the first time this season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue-Army View Post
    Is there going to be first division highlights on MNS now? Thers was a camera at the Waterford game tonight for the first time this season
    Hope it only had film in it to cover the 1st half, from our point of view. Shocking 2nd half display.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Battery Rover View Post
    I film every Athlone Town game and it would be of broadcast quality (mpeg 2) and I have sent stuff to TV3 and the company involved in the end of year awards before. The home games would be excellent as it is filmed from the press area without obstructions in the way.

The quality MAY be broadcast standard, depending on the camera, hard to tell from YouTube, but to be brutally honest the camera work is just not good enough. Sorry

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    BBC MOTD don't show the championship!
    Sky sports Revista La liga don't show Div 2 over there.
    Why should mns show First DIvision rubbish from Ireland.
    Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Battery Rover View Post
    Do you use a tripod?
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KR's Post View Post
    BBC MOTD don't show the championship!
    Sky sports Revista La liga don't show Div 2 over there.
    Why should mns show First DIvision rubbish from Ireland.
    ITV show highlights of the Championship, Sky do a programme called the Big Weekend which covers every game from the Championship, League 1 and League 2.
    Agreed, I wouldn't want to watch extended highlights of a Division 1 match I didn't have an involvement in, but how long would it take to show the goal action from just 5 games a week that we have

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    One of the key reasons ELW was ****e was because of the poor quality of the camera work done in-house by the clubs. I seriously doubt RTÉ would want that to happen to MNS.

The amount of people interested in the 1st Division doesn't justify the extra expense of sending 5 cameras every week.
    DCFC

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pól-dcfc View Post
    The amount of people interested in the 1st Division doesn't justify the extra expense of sending 5 cameras every week.
    Agreed. That said it wouldn't be excessive to have a quick bit of conversation about how things are shaping up in the division and any significant news there.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    Agreed. That said it wouldn't be excessive to have a quick bit of conversation about how things are shaping up in the division and any significant news there.
    exactly its one thing not bringing the camera and crew but to exclude it totally is tripe from rte
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast