Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Keith Fahey

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoons View Post
    Fahey is superb...pity he can't be kep off the jar!!
    I suggest you are way off the mark with that post
    http://pix.ie/widgets/generate/accou...000-F5F5FF.jpg

"It's time for the FAI to grow up." John O'Donoghue, Minister for Sport, RTE , Sunday 7 Nov 2004

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    was with arsenal and villa in england
    had a falling out with wenger at aresenal when he had a go at him for picking viera ahead of him
    went to villa for 250k but didnt work out.

Great story if true
    "Now jump up there and stuff that son of a bitch in the basket, chief"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pól-dcfc View Post
    I'd rate him above both of them. Might get a slating from other Derry fans, but if I had a straight out choice for one of those three in the Derry side it'd be Fahey. Paddy is injury prone and his work rate sometimes leaves a lot to be desired. George is a ****, and vastly overrated if you ask me.

In terms of sheer skill, Paddy would probably have the edge. His ability on the ball is unreal, but he often runs down blind alleys where the best we can hope for is a free. Fahey is the most complete midfielder out of the three of them.

Ndo at his best is unreal, but there is no way Fahey could be dropped by McDonnell on his current form.
    Paddy is twice the player of Fahey.

Cant believe a Derry fan could think otherwise.

Questioning Paddy's workrate leaves me to believe you dont have a clue what your talking about
    MD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quality player.What age is Fahey now?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    He's 25.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtndvn View Post
    Paddy is twice the player of Fahey.

Cant believe a Derry fan could think otherwise.

Questioning Paddy's workrate leaves me to believe you dont have a clue what your talking about
    How do you come to that conclusion? I've seen Paddy drop out of games completely, and that coupled with seeing him completely blocked in the Metro everytime I'm home gives me the impression that his workrate isn't what it could be. I know he's hacked out of some games completely as well of course.

As I said, I knew I was gonna get slated for writing that. On the basis of this season, I'd have Fahey. It's just an opinion.

Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean they don't know what they are on about.
    DCFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    No doubting that his current status as flavour of the month is clouding popular judgement, but he is an outstanding player.
    I agree. He's an outstanding player but has to continue this form over a season or two.

Quote Originally Posted by don ramo View Post
    i tip derry to win the league, but if fahey stay on form for the season pats will walk it,
    Staying on the consistanty theme, we won't. We're good, but we're not quite there yet. If we're still in the hunt by July who knows, but to be honest, it's Pats' to lose this season. /off topic.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by are you serious View Post
    he got huge praise for the free kick against cork but i feel devine will be dissapointed he didnt save it,
    It was a good free but had it not deflected off the top of the wall then I reckon Mick would have saved it easily enough.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    yes seen him play a bit,hes just the player who is playing well at the moment
    I've seen him play extremely in two of the three Pats games I've seen this year. Against ourselves and Cork. In both games, he bossed the midfield. His passing ability and vision is the best I've ever seen in this league. Can't remember if he was any good in the Rovers game. That was a pretty crap game overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by are you serious
    he got huge praise for the free kick against cork but i feel devine will be dissapointed he didnt save it,and thats just one example of how hes overrated
    I think any praise for his free, which I can honestly say I haven't heard or read, was for its importance more than its delivery. He could have smacked it way over or into the bottom of the wall but he got it close enough to going over the wall and the deflection took it in.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saint dog View Post
    Its been said all over the country that fahey is the best player in the league

he's far too good for it i think
    That's the kind of thing I hate to see people saying. Why is he too good for it ? Is that not the standard of player we aspire to seeing in the league ? It's certainly the standard I want to see at Pats. I'm sure Fahey could play at a higher level, and that's probably what people mean, but I hope he doesn't go. Hopefully his age (25 as was said already) will put English clubs off. They tend to want teenagers/earlier twenties, though that has changed a bit in the last couple of years, with the likes of Bennet(wasn't he about 25 ?) and O'Callahgan going over.

And on the subject of Fahey v McCourt/O'Callaghan, complete nonsense to say he isn't fit to lace their boots. Three very gifted players but I wouldn't swap Fahey for either of the others.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    sure fahey has always been an absolute quality EL player. always has had fantastic abilty, if not a little inconsistent. he is a very intelligent player.

but i think paddy mccourt is up there along side him on his day with ease,plus when chrissy turner was with us and playing his best i would not have swapped him for anyone in the league.unfortunately he seems to have fitness problems and doesnt look at all sharp right now.

there is an adbundance of talent in the league right now and any of the top 6 or 7 clubs can beat each other.i think murphy in goals for shams is also some player

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    yes seen him play a bit,hes just the player who is playing well at the moment,he got huge praise for the free kick against cork but i feel devine will be dissapointed he didnt save it,and thats just one example of how hes overrated
    Set up Gary O'Neill for first against Cork.

Netted the second having started with the ball from half way and playing a one two.

Scored the third from the free.

That's over rating?

Thus far this season he has been the form player in the league no doubt.

He has always had the football intelligence and as other shave pointed out has both as a player and as an individual since his return to St Pats.

I could go on and on but what's the point with someone who can't see the woods for the trees

"It's time for the FAI to grow up." John O'Donoghue, Minister for Sport, RTE , Sunday 7 Nov 2004

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i have seen fahey play from close quaters an wot makes him a great player is his ability to drop deep and pick up the ball. he is the hardest player to mark imo.if you do man mark him it leaves you exposed in other areas of the park.....a real class player. the league suits him now as there is less Rodey Collins type players kicking lumps out of the opposition.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    "are you serious" , a question for you......you that has played eircom League football, and you obviously have an advantage over the rest of us , who is the best player in the League as far as your concerned?.....as a matter of interest , who did you play for?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Areyouaspoofer

1. Why have you retired?
    2. Who are you?
    3. Do you play junior football?
    4. Why do you use the word atrocious so often and you cannot even spell it.?
    5. Stop pretending to be someone you are not. Its embarrassing which you also cannot spell by the way.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    being honest-he wouldnt lace the boots of george o'callaghan of sheer skill and talent
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaha *takes deep breath and decides against carrying on*. Sure.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    *takes deep breath and decides against carrying on*.
    Much like Georgie when the cops stopped him!
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    my friend i have played at eircom league level,judging by your crest,you have not,so its fair to say im entitled to my opinion...
    Firstly, I am not your friend.

So you have intimate knowledge of the League yet fail to recognise the crest of a past member.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but base it on fact and maybe a little knowledge.

Just because you've played at this level doesn't mean you were of that level. I've come across many many players in this league over the years who were unable to kick snow off a rope neve rmind lace Fahey's boots.

were talkin about cesc fabregas bein the best player in the world at the start of the season cos hes was playin outstandin stuff,like fahey is now,but people came back to their senses in terms of judgement when this form dissapeared-come back in four months and i guarantee he wont have half the admirers he has now
    What the fcuk has Cesc Fabregas got to do with this?

IMHO, Absolutely nada, nowt, nothing, zilch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    can't the see the woods for the trees?my friend i have played at eircom league
    Roddy, is that you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    I especially like the bit where he plays the "You haven't played professionally so you can't comment" card.

I get a warm feeling inside from reading that
    Kom Igen, FCK...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast