Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The MC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The MC

Taken from Forza Rovers, posted by Redrebel32.
    I hope this informs the fans out there about the actions of the MC.

we had a flag that we put up which he wanted taken down[although it was already up for the 1st half] we declined his fine offer.he in his amazing wit pointed out teh fact that sligo rovers were not a politcal organisation and wanted the flag removed.[if he would cast his eye to probably 80% of the fans gear with the ché stuff,palestine,tricolour,basque,communist,sociali st,erin go bragh etc all making appearances over the season he would notice these are politcal 2

i pointed out that during last local elections FG councillor imelda henry made an appearance canvassing for votes in the showgies.to this he was lost for words,caught out.then he mumbled some utter ****e about how she gave 2,500 to the club on behalf of her business.dav then asked is our banner not acceptable because we cant afford to give such amounts and rovers were political at heart but not for people without an open cheque book?obviously he was lost for words again.

then another steward tried talking to me and to take it down as 'he' will get fined.i then went into how this was totally untrue and complete bull and who would fine him or us...''the FAI''...what a load of complete ****** that is as i then pointed out to him.

and even worse was mcloat again.he then said..and midget take notice of this..''i now what ye fans are like after last week'' [reference to finn park] we obviously informed him we werent involved.''i watch those forums i know what ye be at'' or sum fuking idiotic statement.and a dig directly against forza rovers was ''im going to be seeing this on the forums about how ye gave 600 to the club am i''.

worse for them was the fact that the people round the incident totally sided with us.one guy[before the incident] made a point of watchin for who the flags belonged to and came over to shake our hands.then the lads round [aged about 25-30 i'd say,not with us] told the stewards to **** off aswell as they were being ****ing idiots

he spoke like he was superior to normal fans and anything we gave to teh club wasnt worth a ****e.accusing me of running onto a pitch at a game i wasnt even at[me,redrev,celtic nor dav wer at].

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Also another point to be noted is that Mc Sharry also sponsored numerous things around the club aswell, hardly non political is it??

Its one rule for the rich and another for the fans.
    Hypocricy and double standards.

I hope you are reading this Mc Cloat, because they way you treat fans you would swear you own this club.
    Remember this club is for the Community, not for the Committee.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Some of the MC (not all) treat the fans ,especially the younger fans ,with total contempt ,they have zero respect for them and see them only as a nuisance. Take the up and coming ultra scence, I personally think it’s a great addition to the showgrounds, the place would be a lot duller and quieter without the colour and chanting . Id say if you were to ask Paul Cook and his team if they were take 50 fans to represent the club on away trip he’d take 50 ultras. Keep up the good work lads, fcuk the begruders. FORZA ROVERS.
    Last edited by gustavo; 05/05/2008 at 5:47 PM. Reason: tags

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by srfc1928 View Post
    [SIZE=2]Some of the MC (not all) treat the fans ,especially the younger fans ,with total contempt ,they have zero respect for them and see them only as a nuisance. Take the up and coming ultra scence, I personally think it’s a great addition to the showgrounds, the place would be a lot duller and quieter without the colour and chanting . Id say if you were to ask Paul Cook and his team if they were take 50 fans to represent the club on away trip he’d take 50 ultras. Keep up the good work lads, fcuk the begruders. FORZA ROVERS.
    [/SIZE]
    I agree with every word said,great post
    RIP JOHNNY

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thumbs down

It's another sad event in the relationship between those running the club and those supporting the club. Supporters feel hard done by because a banner that had absolutely nothing to do with the beautiful game was removed. Whay was it there in the first place was my reaction when I saw it. Say no to the treaty isn't going to do Rovers any good one way or the other. Licking up to local politicians probably will and that's the bottom line. If Rovers are to benifit in any way we supporters should be 100% behind any venture. Having a 'local' disagreement about a banner and then making it public is a very childish way to behave, there's ways and means of sorting situations such as this but on this forum naming names is certainly not one of them. Shame on you!!!!!!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Just to clarify. The banner it’s self wasn’t a Forza Rovers Rovers banner. Forza Rovers have no political stance.

http://sligorovers.proboards53.com/i...lay&thread=163

Quote Originally Posted by clubman View Post
    Say no to the treaty isn't going to do Rovers any good one way or the other. Licking up to local politicians probably will and that's the bottom line. If Rovers are to benefit in any way we supporters should be 100% behind any venture.
    clubman are you having a laugh? I know the saying beggars can’t be choosy but having any politicians using Rovers for their own/party’s gain is wrong. The club should refuse any sponsorship from them
    Misfits

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It's another sad event in the relationship between those running the club and those supporting the club. Supporters feel hard done by because a banner that had absolutely nothing to do with the beautiful game was removed. Whay was it there in the first place was my reaction when I saw it. Say no to the treaty isn't going to do Rovers any good one way or the other. Licking up to local politicians probably will and that's the bottom line. If Rovers are to benifit in any way we supporters should be 100% behind any venture. Having a 'local' disagreement about a banner and then making it public is a very childish way to behave, there's ways and means of sorting situations such as this but on this forum naming names is certainly not one of them. Shame on you!!!!!!!!
    Sligoman, Daddy must be a politician!

All joking aside! The Mc might like to think that their not political but they have always been a dictatorship all down the years. Mc Cloat and the rest are just the next line of them.Didnt see the incident at have time but if someone wants to voice an opinion which is not offencive to people around they should have the right to express it.I'm sure that at the next couple of home games when we are closer to referendum we will have John Perry/Jimmy Devins pushing their parties veiws down our throats what will be the reaction now.

Sorry for going on Im bored senseless but What if someone put up a banner calling For Drum Harney Devins to resign over the cancer fiasco what would their reaction be! Its a very omotive issue at the moment and even do the campaigners say its not a political issue at the momemt Im sure in time it will affect the way people vote. I would like to see how the MC dictatorship would handle that!
    Till d End!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    You are just as bad,as these stewards/board members.Sligo Rovers are ran by idiots which is very hard to stand by and watch
    RIP JOHNNY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Shame on me??
    Did you read any of the first post, on how Mc Cloat behaved, did you read his replys??
    Now im sure when confronted he will try and white wash the event or hedge around it but there were alot of other people who heard what he was saying, not just us.
    We know this banner has got nothing to with the club itself, but either do Imelda Henry or Mc Sharry. I couldnt give a fukc how much it benefits the club by them licking up to the local politicians, they cant pick and choose when to implement a rule and when not to. If its their policy not to be political well then it must be implemented all the time, irrelevant to how much money Imeldas Daddy will throw at the board.
    But that is the basis of this whole thing, its one rule for the wealthy of sligo and another for the fans of the club. I have been a season ticket holder in the showgrounds since I was 14 and the management committee cleary valued Imelda Henrys involvement (her first time to ever grace the showgrounds) with the club more than my own by the way Mc Cloat acted.
    This banner was unveiled by us because it was a place where 2500+ people could see it, we unveiled it because it is our right to free speech. We feel that a treaty undermining our national sovereignty should be highlighted to the public of sligo.
    Freedom of speech: Guaranteed by Article 40.6.1. However, this may not be used to undermine "public order or morality or the authority of the State".
    Freedom of assembly: Guaranteed by Article 40.6.1, but only when exercised "peaceably and without arms" and not a "nuisance to the general public".
    Shame on you Clubman to support such disgusting hypocritical behaviour, and blatant double standards. The sad thing is that there are members on the MC that are decent individuals but the actions of a few board members are tarnishing the already fragile relationship between Board and Fans.

Rovers - For the community, not the committee.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers1 View Post
    lads why do ye feel so strong about the Lisbon treaty?
    Wait till ya hear PizzaMan's opinions on the train to Dublin Friday morning
    Last edited by deecay; 05/05/2008 at 5:23 PM.
    RIP JOHNNY

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thumbs down

[QUOTE=Da Real Rover;935316]Shame on me??
    Did you read any of the first post, on how Mc Cloat behaved, did you read his replys??
    QUOTE]

I did but obviously you didn't read mine!!
    I don't agree with either side, I'm clubman, a man for the club and only the club!!
    What I did say this is no place to deal with such an incident. There are ways and means of handling this and this forum is definitely not one of them. The only reason that people think there is a them and us situation in the Showgrounds is only because the people that think it created it in the first place. Putting such a banner on display for the whole of Ireland to see is making a statement that Sligo Rovers Football Club is against the treaty. Is that fair on the club? I don't think so. The actions of members of the committee and sligo Rovers stewards would indicate that they too don't think so. So is everyone wrong but the idiot that hung the banner? If you have a problem with a cash strapped club such as the one you pretend to love taking sponsorship money from local politicians then you should question your loyalty to the club you claim to support.
    Sometimes it's best to keep one's opinion to one's self.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Shame on me??

I did but obviously you didn't read mine!!
    I don't agree with either side, I'm clubman, a man for the club and only the club!!
    What I did say this is no place to deal with such an incident. There are ways and means of handling this and this forum is definitely not one of them. The only reason that people think there is a them and us situation in the Showgrounds is only because the people that think it created it in the first place. Putting such a banner on display for the whole of Ireland to see is making a statement that Sligo Rovers Football Club is against the treaty. Is that fair on the club? I don't think so. The actions of members of the committee and sligo Rovers stewards would indicate that they too don't think so. So is everyone wrong but the idiot that hung the banner? If you have a problem with a cash strapped club such as the one you pretend to love taking sponsorship money from local politicians then you should question your loyalty to the club you claim to support.
    Sometimes it's best to keep one's opinion to one's self.
    You have some ****ing cheek, 'the one you pretend to love'. I follow this club up and down the country and you have the cheek to say that I pretend to love my club. You self righteous , who do you think you are to question my loyalty to the club I have followed since I was a sprog. Fellas my age spend their time and money at alot of other things other than supporting their club. You are indicative of the behaviour of the MC, questioning a fan who questions the MC. Remember this, the club has been around alot longer than the MC has and will be after condescending hypocrits like yourself are gone. Just because I question the MCs actions does not mean I question my club, for the club is something bigger than the stalinist regime that imposes their will on loyal fans.

You are wrong yet again, putting such a banner up in showgounds tells the world that individuals inside the ground do not support treaty. If you wish 'yes to lisbon', then by all means unveil a banner, that is the beauty of free speech. Such a banner says nothing of the club, or the MC, just individuals which are at the ground. As stated before unveiling such a banner is my right as an Irish citizen.

You say 'So is everyone wrong but the idiot that hung the banner'. yet another example of the Sligo Rovers Management Committee, you speak as if you speak for everyone. You are not the voice of the fans or the club, so do not say everyone, that totally misrepresents the truth. In fact we had fans coming up and congradulating us on the banner, no-one we talked to apart from the MC had a problem with it.

The amount of times you contradict yourself in your own arguments is absurd. You state how a political act like this says that Sligo Rovers is against the treaty, and this as you say is wrong. Well then is it not also wrong for a fine gael politician to be lauded on the pitch, as this tells the world that Sligo Rovers supports Fine Gael?? I merely used the logic in your own argument, and please do answer me this and not by the line, 'ITS THE MONEY', cause that wont cut it. I have a problem with ANY institution which sets asides its rules when ever it pleases, that is a tyranny. One rule for all, NO EXCEPTIONS.

This time answer my post properly, instead of hurling it the tripe you did before on 'loyalty', and the money card. As I said before Politicians giving money is no excuse to set aside the clubs stated rules.
    Last edited by gustavo; 06/05/2008 at 9:16 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Lads please stay on topic , If ye want to discuss the Lisbon treaty
    http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=80713
    theres a thread for it in Current Affairs

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    The Showgrounds should not be used as a political Football (pun intended) if you want to get your polictical views across march from the town hall around all the streets in Sligo you want.

Hand flyers out door to door, talk to local radio and papers etc.

Keep your political focused banners away from the Showgrounds - they are not wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Real Rover View Post
    Just because I question the MCs actions does not mean I question my club, for the club is something bigger than the stalinist regime that imposes their will on loyal fans.

Stalinist regime? What party do you call yourselves again (sic).....oh the Irony!!

If you wish 'yes to lisbon', then by all means unveil a banner, that is the beauty of free speech. Such a banner says nothing of the club, or the MC, just individuals which are at the ground. As stated before unveiling such a banner is my right as an Irish citizen.

If I have a No to Lisbon' banner hanging from my house it says I want to vote No for the Lisbon treaty. If that banner is hanging from a fence/wall at the Showgrounds that will be broadcast on TV it is the equivalent.

You say 'So is everyone wrong but the idiot that hung the banner'. yet another example of the Sligo Rovers Management Committee, you speak as if you speak for everyone. You are not the voice of the fans or the club, so do not say everyone, that totally misrepresents the truth. In fact we had fans coming up and congradulating us on the banner, no-one we talked to apart from the MC had a problem with it.

Approx 2,500 people at the game - how many shook your hand ? 5?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the mc

Quote Originally Posted by Da Real Rover View Post
    Taken from Forza Rovers, posted by Redrebel32.
    I hope this informs the fans out there about the actions of the MC.

we had a flag that we put up which he wanted taken down[although it was already up for the 1st half] we declined his fine offer.he in his amazing wit pointed out teh fact that sligo rovers were not a politcal organisation and wanted the flag removed.[if he would cast his eye to probably 80% of the fans gear with the ché stuff,palestine,tricolour,basque,communist,sociali st,erin go bragh etc all making appearances over the season he would notice these are politcal 2

i pointed out that during last local elections FG councillor imelda henry made an appearance canvassing for votes in the showgies.to this he was lost for words,caught out.then he mumbled some utter ****e about how she gave 2,500 to the club on behalf of her business.dav then asked is our banner not acceptable because we cant afford to give such amounts and rovers were political at heart but not for people without an open cheque book?obviously he was lost for words again.

then another steward tried talking to me and to take it down as 'he' will get fined.i then went into how this was totally untrue and complete bull and who would fine him or us...''the FAI''...what a load of complete ****** that is as i then pointed out to him.

and even worse was mcloat again.he then said..and midget take notice of this..''i now what ye fans are like after last week'' [reference to finn park] we obviously informed him we werent involved.''i watch those forums i know what ye be at'' or sum fuking idiotic statement.and a dig directly against forza rovers was ''im going to be seeing this on the forums about how ye gave 600 to the club am i''.

worse for them was the fact that the people round the incident totally sided with us.one guy[before the incident] made a point of watchin for who the flags belonged to and came over to shake our hands.then the lads round [aged about 25-30 i'd say,not with us] told the stewards to **** off aswell as they were being ****ing idiots

he spoke like he was superior to normal fans and anything we gave to teh club wasnt worth a ****e.accusing me of running onto a pitch at a game i wasnt even at[me,redrev,celtic nor dav wer at].
    it was a complaint from a few shams supporters who spoke to me as i was a steward at the game and said to me that the banner was a politcal statement and it should not be on display i then informend p burke and he done the rest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by life long red View Post
    it was a complaint from a few shams supporters who spoke to me as i was a steward at the game and said to me that the banner was a politcal statement and it should not be on display i then informend p burke and he done the rest
    Were the Shams supporters who were fighting removed from the ground?
    What happened to them?

I think they were doing much more harm than a couple of lads putting up a banner expressing an opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If people have a problem with the flag, then why accept the clubs support for Imelda Henry??
    I have no problem with the club if its the stated policy that nothing political should be unveiled but I will not accept them picking and choosing when to implement the rule.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by life long red View Post

Is there a specific rule forbidding this?

If there is what is the specific wording of it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Guts&Glory View Post
    The Showgrounds should not be used as a political Football (pun intended) if you want to get your polictical views across march from the town hall around all the streets in Sligo you want.

Hand flyers out door to door, talk to local radio and papers etc.

Keep your political focused banners away from the Showgrounds - they are not wanted.
    How many shook my hand??
    Is that the basis for your argument??
    Thats really quite a pathetic effort.
    How many asked us to remove it?? Just the two members of the MC.
    Anyway the numbers involved either way are irrelevant, the primary focus of this argument is how the MC allows some political activisim but then forbids the rest, that is the central point.

As for my signature.
    3 members of this party died on Hunger Strike for freedom, show some respect!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SligoBrewer View Post
    Were the Shams supporters who were fighting removed from the ground?
    What happened to them?

I think they were doing much more harm than a couple of lads putting up a banner expressing an opinion.
    no but your flag was

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast