two weeks wages paid with a 7000 leftover
    thats not to mention other revenue streams
    I would say double the wage budget would be about right

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Paul McGee - RIP

In relation to a Rovers - shams game from yesteryear.

I see on the main fourm Jimmy McGee's son Paul has passed away.
    Paul scored the equaliser for shams against Rovers in the title winning game in '77.

RIP - Paul Mc Gee

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Smile ro v shams "gate"

i have to agree with clubman that the budget that we have for this year is the biggest in the clubs history. at the moment we are on a cliff edge regarding finance. i know what the wages are and especially to "sligo red" your assesment is way off the mark both with the gate receipt (e25000) and the weekly wage bill ( circa e 9000) i cannot give figures here for a very good reason but all i will say is (as i have always suggested in previous posts) that sligo rovers needs every cent it can get its hand on at the moment and a lot more. only that the team are performing well and that the gates are fairly good we would be in even bigger trouble. lets get the facts straight here. we do not have a major sponsor (i.e some body or business to injects approx K 150) or can we use our ground as colateral to generate revenue like bohs and drogheda have being doing. in general the individual peole of sligo have being very good at buying "holiday draw tickets" supporting the lotto plus etc. the next step is to ensure that the "liverpool legends " is a success. there is a possibilty to generate circa k40 profit but we need people to sell these tickets amd support the fundraiser and the dinner dance. it will cost approx 1.25 million to run sligo rovers this year we have roughly 17 home league games and with a bit of luck a few cup games even if you generate k20 on all your home games this gives k340 still a very long way from 1.25 million. so therfore it is imperative that all the ventures that the club are running are fully supported. even when you enter the ground by buying a programe a 1/2 time raffle ticket something from the shop .this is all helping the club. even if we were to be successfull this year and win something the combination of prize money gate receipts etc would not reach the clubs budget targets. that is how perilous the situation is. so the message i wish to get out clearly to the masses it is a huge struggle to keep the show on the road. the club needs all the support it can get. it needs people to sell lotto tickets it needs people to tell other people about how good the football is in the eircom league.we nnwd to get the message out there that sligo rovers is a proud football club a very good football club with a lot of very hard working voluntary people who give of their time for the love of sligo rovers. so to red white rover ,sligo red , srfc 1928 and shiba take note of the above because that is the reality and clubman is not a wind up merchant. he is very close to the facts. dont for 1 minute think that i am giving out to anybody here its just that i love sligo rovers as much as anybody else on this board and i am doing my bit but i fell that there are more people out there who could help. the club has requested several times for help in the past the response has being average. wee need to keep the ship afloat lads so do what you can to support the club. my gut feeling is that we could have a great season on the playing field and maybe win something but tu achieve that we need to bring more finance to the club. one thing that i was very dissapointed with over the weekend was the player sponsorship in the program . i counted only six players sponsored. i believe to sponsor a player the cost is e600 to e750. even if six lads got togeather and put e100 each this would help. i rest my case

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by red arrow View Post
    or can we use our ground as colateral to generate revenue like bohs and drogheda have being doing.
    Yes we can, we're just not doing it. A car park/clubhouse and other stuff have been discussed before but it gets shot down every time, the club are obviously not interested in developing the ground.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    come on redarrow - lets get your opinion on the removal of the ultra flag at the weekend - do we or do we not allow political statements (a non offensive one at that) to be made within the confines of our ground. clubman feels that the removal was acceptable.

he also was disappointed with the attendance at the match last saturday night.

i still think he is a wind up merchant.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligored View Post
    lets get your opinion on the removal of the ultra flag at the weekend
    As was stated earlier in this thread, it was not an ultra flag.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligored View Post
    dont heed him . clubman is a wind up merchant. great crowd . great game. great result.
    so many positive vibes around the town. - i never met so many happy souls as i did at the races yesterday after saturdays night performance.

maths lesson
    2500 people average say 10 euro equals 25000
    18 players at average 500 euro equals 9000
    two weeks wages paid with a 7000 leftover
    thats not to mention other revenue streams

if we dont pay top players we wont get top crowds
    its economics "clubman????" - what club would that be
    What planet did you drop off lad???
    "If we don't pay top players we won't get top crowds"
    And you suggest the top players are on 500 euro a week?
    I suggest you guys do your homework before you spoof off here on this messgae board.
    To finish off on this whole argument I pose the following question to all you guys that think the game promotion excerise is such a huge success:
    How much money did the club from north sligo receive from ticket sales and how much did Rovers get. To simplify the answer you can give it in percentage.
    AS I SAY DO YOUR HOMEWORK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    [SIZE=2]Red Arrow where in my post did I refer to Clubman being a wind up merchant ?
    I think if you read my post again you will find only positive.
    I posted on the 04/05/08. Clubman posted the following day.
    I refered to the the budget being small, by that I meant it was small in comparison to other clubs in the league, and that Paul Cook was doing a fantastic job with what he had at his disposal.
    I know things are tough, but you are always on to us to be positive but I think you are being negative, you may say realistic, but we have just beatin our traditional biggest rivals and some of the elder statesmen of the forum are talkin down.
    Shame on you
    [/SIZE]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Would i be correct that the wage bill, per week is something closer to 17-18k?? (thats not including cookies salary)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers Maniac View Post
    Lads some of you would want to read a little up on these deals youth teams are getting. It is these clubs intrest to sell as many tickets as possible as they get €10 per ticket sold. At the end of the day we are in mid table, they was over 2,500 at the game as if you take the Wateford game last year in the cup there was 2,600 odd at it and there was a lot more there on Saturday.
    Sorry cant agree with you! Im involve with strand and we recieved nothing in fact we paid on the gate.
    Till d End!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ya I think Grange paid the full price. When the promotion was on the radio they gave normal ticket prices.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redtildead View Post
    Ya I think Grange paid the full price. When the promotion was on the radio they gave normal ticket prices.
    They were given tickets to sell and half the profit was going to SRFC and half going to Cliffoney-Grange, according to the radio.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    They were given tickets to sell and half the profit was going to SRFC and half going to Cliffoney-Grange, according to the radio.
    Great idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    This is correct. Tickets were €20 per adult, €10 went to the Rovers, and €10 went to Cliffoney-Grange.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    the club promotions officer is doing sterling work in my opinion.with the good recent weather i think half arsed people may take the beach option etc if anyone has a problem with how rovers are being promoted and generally creating a downer on attendances,don't just lambast the people involved as i'm sure many don't know the effort involved.instead make suggestions or put yourself forward for a role yourself.it is easy to mud-sling from the sidelines.
    in fairness to 99% of fans however,they agree that the shams game was excellent,both in the stands and on the field of play

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    for me it's unbelievable that there is no pub in the grounds where fans can meet. All the money goes to Mooney's. At Feyenoord we have a supporters pub/club house, we can also watch the training and meet up with other fans there. As a dutchman I have no idea what the history is and why they dont allow people to drink in the grounds while you can go and have a half time pint at Mooneys.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    RIP JOHNNY

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123