Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rovers 3-2 Shams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Great win, great crowd...We fought well, and to be honest Shams were never in the game only for their late strikes. Although we'll need to concentrate for the full 90 from now on.

Boco was immense as was Butler and Almeida (yet again)....Roll on the X!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    [SIZE=2]A Great result, game, and team performance.
    We were 3 up and defended too deep.
    Mc Kenzie in the middle of the park !
    Would of preferred to see Moore come on instead to keep the ball.
    Brush and the defence were gutted at the end to concede two goals,
    Which was good to see, shows they care and have pride in their performance
    Credit to Cookie hes doing a fantastic job on a small budget,
    hes brought a group of players together that we can be proud of.
    People around the town are starting to talk about Rovers in a positive way again
    [SIZE=2]On the crowd, KO’D is doing a great job promoting the club.
    The Showgrounds was buzzin last night.
    Hopefully we can keep things going in the right direction,
    It feels good to be a Rovers supporter at the moment
    [/SIZE][/SIZE]

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Considering how well we have been doing of late, considering the opposition, considering the hype and promotion this game received prior to kick-off I must say that the 'gate' was very disappointing. Let there be one thing we must be sure of this season and it's this, Rovers budget this season is by no means a small one, in fact it's the biggest budget the club has ever operated off in the history of the club. On saying that Paul Cook, Gerry Carr and all the players are doing a fantastic job but the club need more and more people coming out to support it.
    The game itself was a game of two halves. The gale force wind had a huge bearing on proceedings and I had a gut feeling that Shams would come strong in the second half. Our third goal would have killed off any other side in this league but the Shams were really up for it. There's no way they deserved anything from the game and thankfully they got what they deserved but hey that last few minutes was heart stopping stuff. Brushie was outstanding as was the other members of defence. I too was somewhat down leaving the grounds thinking we should had held on to the clean sheet but in the cold light of day I realise this was a great display and well done to all concerned. Our support, our singing section was once again top notch - well done once again lads you do the club proud.
    Just to finish up on a more sombre note I really do worry for the future of the club when we see a half empty stadium at a game that had received such well deserved hype and well done once again to Keith, the Trust, Ocean and the local media for doing their bit too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clubman View Post
    Considering how well we have been doing of late, considering the opposition, considering the hype and promotion this game received prior to kick-off I must say that the 'gate' was very disappointing. Let there be one thing we must be sure of this season and it's this, Rovers budget this season is by no means a small one, in fact it's the biggest budget the club has ever operated off in the history of the club. On saying that Paul Cook, Gerry Carr and all the players are doing a fantastic job but the club need more and more people coming out to support it.
    The game itself was a game of two halves. The gale force wind had a huge bearing on proceedings and I had a gut feeling that Shams would come strong in the second half. Our third goal would have killed off any other side in this league but the Shams were really up for it. There's no way they deserved anything from the game and thankfully they got what they deserved but hey that last few minutes was heart stopping stuff. Brushie was outstanding as was the other members of defence. I too was somewhat down leaving the grounds thinking we should had held on to the clean sheet but in the cold light of day I realise this was a great display and well done to all concerned. Our support, our singing section was once again top notch - well done once again lads you do the club proud.
    Just to finish up on a more sombre note I really do worry for the future of the club when we see a half empty stadium at a game that had received such well deserved hype and well done once again to Keith, the Trust, Ocean and the local media for doing their bit too.
    Moan Moan Moan!
    Till d End!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Considering how well we have been doing of late, considering the opposition, considering the hype and promotion this game received prior to kick-off I must say that the 'gate' was very disappointing.
    Someone ban this absolute clown.

That's the one of the biggest crowds we've had a league game (bar Athlone in 05) for years and you say it isn't good enough? What are you expecting? All-ticket matches every week? KO'D has done an excellent job in getting bums on seats so far this season compared to last years non-existent CPO. We're on form, but we were also 6th in the league before this match. Mid-table. 3,000 + for a mid-table team like Rovers is not "disappointing" to me...

Grow up FFS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    You are full of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Red&White Rover View Post
    Someone ban this absolute clown.

That's the one of the biggest crowds we've had a league game (bar Athlone in 05) for years and you say it isn't good enough? What are you expecting? All-ticket matches every week? KO'D has done an excellent job in getting bums on seats so far this season compared to last years non-existent CPO. We're on form, but we were also 6th in the league before this match. Mid-table. 3,000 + for a mid-table team like Rovers is not "disappointing" to me...

Grow up FFS.
    spot on R&W. KO'D has done a great job so far
    "Even if the sun ceases to rise, Even if the sea ceases to flow, Even if the wind stops to blow, The name of Sligo Rovers will shine and shine forever like the morning, glinting star in the sky."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Fair play to O Dywer he is obviously giving Rovers alot of exposure and definetely has got more people through the gate.But for the likes of Shams and Rovers recent results the crowd should have been bigger. No gripe against O Dywer here. Attendances will start to drop, now we are entering the silly season. Hopefully if the good form continues it wont be too noticeable. Thought the crowd against Shams was 2800.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by red bellied View Post
    Fair play to O Dywer he is obviously giving Rovers alot of exposure and definetely has got more people through the gate.But for the likes of Shams and Rovers recent results the crowd should have been bigger. No gripe against O Dywer here. Attendances will start to drop, now we are entering the silly season. Hopefully if the good form continues it wont be too noticeable. Thought the crowd against Shams was 2800.
    Just under 2500 was the attendance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I thought Anto done well in the middle last night and his throws are like winning a corner. Buttler and Brush were superb the whole back line were solid, the rest worked really hard and got the correct result. Roll on tomorrow.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by SligoBrewer View Post
    Just under 2500 was the attendance.
    Lads do the maths.
    I have a MOAN that a crowd of 2500 (not all paying customers) is not enough to sustain the weekly wage bill and I get slaughtered. For God's sake lads wake up and come into the real world.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lads do the maths.
    I have a MOAN that a crowd of 2500 (not all paying customers) is not enough to sustain the weekly wage bill and I get slaughtered. For God's sake lads wake up and come into the real world.
    Who didnt pay?
    Till d End!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiba View Post
    Who didnt pay?
    Cliffoney-Grange players/officals afaik
    RIP JOHNNY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deecay View Post
    Cliffoney-Grange players/officals afaik
    Players (Kids) didnt Pay,all Parents and officals had to pay.The idea is to attract these people back.Must kids brought at least 1 parent.Some of which may never been in the showgrounds before.So take out the cost of the kids going in €5 from the parents entry fee of €15 that leaves €10 per parent coming through the gates proably extra of €600 - €1000 in the coffers not including what was spent in the ground and the pubblicity gained by the club.I know this as I was involved with Strand Celtic going 2 weeks ago.

Youd want to start looking at the bigger picture .Like I said "Moan Moan Moan"
    Till d End!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lads some of you would want to read a little up on these deals youth teams are getting. It is these clubs intrest to sell as many tickets as possible as they get €10 per ticket sold. At the end of the day we are in mid table, they was over 2,500 at the game as if you take the Wateford game last year in the cup there was 2,600 odd at it and there was a lot more there on Saturday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    dont heed him . clubman is a wind up merchant. great crowd . great game. great result.
    so many positive vibes around the town. - i never met so many happy souls as i did at the races yesterday after saturdays night performance.

maths lesson
    2500 people average say 10 euro equals 25000
    18 players at average 500 euro equals 9000
    two weeks wages paid with a 7000 leftover
    thats not to mention other revenue streams

if we dont pay top players we wont get top crowds
    its economics "clubman????" - what club would that be

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligored View Post
    18 players at average 500 euro equals 9000
    The budget is higher than that.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Clubman is a wind up merchant

Found the goals on yotube and you can see there is a very decent crowd behind the goals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m55KiWmG1ZA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligored View Post
    i never met so many happy souls as i did at the races yesterday after saturdays night performance.
    yea i was talking to a few people at the races who were never at a rovers game until they brought there kids on saturday, i asked would they be going back, they all said the kids had a great time and they will be out there for the next game.

Always good to hear about people enjoying they're first rovers game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Same as that real feel good factor around the club at the moment and it is down to Cookie, he is a great man imo and a real nice guy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast