Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Unemployment

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    1st day of the expo today. Absolutely insane. Estimates that 6000 people went through and another 2500 were turned away at the gates into Simmonscourt as they were locked at 3pm.

Pretty sad state of affairs to be honest. So many people desperate for work...
    Again well done Stu, it must be heart wrenching to see so many desperate people, but also rewarding that you are in a position to help them.

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    I have been approached by the Government of Saskatchewan to lead a recruitment drive in Ireland for targeted occupations in healthcare (particularly psych nurses, occupational and physical therapists). There will also be other reps there focusing on some specific trades and engineering. The recruitment fairs are on in Dublin on March 3/4 and Cork on the 7th. See you then.

Now that ive got my plug out of the way, what are peoples views on this? Its very ruthless but there is a real shortfall of workers in certain areas here and while it is unfortunate to pick on economies where emigration is one of few options, there is also the other side of the story. I know some people are very resentful to this "cherry picking". Its certainly interesting being on both sides of the argument!!

http://www.leaderpost.com/business/S...367/story.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/01...n_1215769.html
    I think I saw you on the news, were you with your wife?

Nobody in their right mind would move to Saskatchewan anyway, there's a reason everyone from Saskatchewan eventually moves to Calgary.
    Last edited by dahamsta; 15/03/2012 at 8:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbert Report View Post
    I think I saw you on the news, were you with your wife?

Nobody in their right mind would move to Saskatchewan anyway, there's a reason everyone from Saskatchewan eventually moves to Calgary.
    No, that was another couple that moved here about 18 months ago. Dead sound actually.

There's also a reason people are moving back to Sk from Calgary in their droves. Sask is where the real money is - add to that comfortable, more affordable living. Calgary is extremely overpriced and expensive. When you get to the bottom of it, Regina and Calgary are pretty similar cities actually, Calgary is just a lot bigger without the infrastructure to support the population. If I was to move anywhere in AB it would be Edmonton.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425