Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mns - 28.04.08

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dfx- View Post
    Great way to go out of the cup Bet that wasn't in the clips shown to Reading...
    I think they should have shown it in Reading, that was quality

You couldn't repeat it if you tried, he did well to get anything on it we the attacker giving him no space
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pól-dcfc View Post
    That happens a huge amount. Read an amazing article recently that I can't seem to find, which went through all the things that have slipped into common parlance, but are actually just nonsense words or totally out of context.

One that I'm always looking out for is "enormity". I once read some language expert say something like 'we must tackle the enormity of the use of the word enormity to mean enormous'. I thought, hmmmm, interesting, looked it up in the dictionary and discovered he was right. Now it does my head in especially as it is so over used by journalists and the media in the wrong context. Not in relation to football though. Everyone loves a bit of error-strewn football speak.

To keep on topic - I'm at home in Ireland visiting and I caught the last half of the programme tonight for the first time. I was fairly impressed and reckon a decent little programme like this, on at a great time, will woo a few more to the games over the course of the next season or two. BTW are rte planning on keeping it going long term or is this season a tester?
    The dude abides....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Turn that f*@%ing rubbish off?
    My sentiment exactly.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pól-dcfc View Post
    That happens a huge amount. Read an amazing article recently that I can't seem to find, which went through all the things that have slipped into common parlance, but are actually just nonsense words or totally out of context.
    on a similar note, i recently saw some entitled english toff lord on some bbc grammer show point out the idiocy of the phrase "a big ask" - its absolutly everywhere now, and everytime i hear or read it, i think of that toff's wonderfully jowel-ly face

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    First time I saw it, had class every Monday night until now. Thought it was average enough. Set looks alright, the Prunty story was interesting. And while I'm sure it's been discussed it here before that 60 second interview is one of the worst pieces of television I have ever seen.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Did anyone notice Roddy saying that the league hasn't improved, the fitness of players now means the game is played at a frenetic pace but then he said, el players or lower english division players need to play in divisions where the game is played at a high tempo. How can someone use that argument twice and not contradict themselves?
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face View Post
    Did anyone notice Roddy saying that the league hasn't improved, the fitness of players now means the game is played at a frenetic pace but then he said, el players or lower english division players need to play in divisions where the game is played at a high tempo. How can someone use that argument twice and not contradict themselves?
    It's easy if you live in Roddy's fantasy land. Sure doesn't he always say he's never got a club relegated?

EDIT: 500th post. That fills me with a deep sadness.
    DCFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    He also states that he never lost at the Brandywell as a manager. Which is wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Roddy is a grade A Gowl. I cant listen to the p***s. I cant understand why RTE persist with him. As for his idle ramblings on Newstalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Smile

Well we could start a campaign; instead of 'kick racism out of football' we could have a 'Kick Roddy out of Football'

Have to say though I enjoy MNS & even colleagues in work with no interest in football never mind the league are talking about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12