Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Time to "put up or shut up"

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Time to "put up or shut up"......!

OK I am now starting to get tired of the ranting and raving.

There are many of us who stand by the Club through the bad times and are prepared to give people time for things to come right but for Chri$t $ake how long do we need to wait to get our suposed midfield playmaker?

- Everyone from Dolan and Lennox to the entire true fanbase @ Turners Cross have been saying this since the second game of the season, that we need someone that is able to put their foot on the ball and play people into space etc, etc, etc.

- Where is this player? Shells can go out and get a center half from Holland last week with average gates of 1000.

- Who have we brought in this season - Doyler, excellent player and will get even better - Hedderman, substituted by Dolan in almost every game he has played and doesn't even get to play tonight, enough said - this Aussie nobody knows anything about him.

- We are the best supported team in the League and have the biggest fanbase, profile etc. The Club has done a really good job at ground level but we need to be doing it on the pitch also otherwise we will loose the borderline support and it will all be for naught.

Lennox / Dolan - act now before it is too late and the Dubs pull away from us - get those 2-3 players we need to strengthen up our midfield.
    Irish by birth,
    Cork by the grace of God.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I hate to say but the way we're playing we're not going to make use of a creative midfielder. Seems to me like he's going to spend a lot of time watching the ball fly over his head anyway. Colin T. can play ball, Georgie could drop looking for it, Doyle is comfortable on the ball and even Conor can hit a pass now and again but the orders seem to be route one all the time.

Blew up in our face tonight.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by tiktok
    even Conor can hit a pass now and again

Lol. He is absolutley diabolical and I dont care what any one else says. He cant be in our starting 11

thecorner
    is it time to start admitting that even we thoug he wasnt a fans favourite but the football we played under gunther was something u could actually call football

let me refresh your memories
    first game last season
    "ITS JUST LIKE WATCHING BRAZIL"
    the football city played that nite was awesome and at periods thru that season,we kept playing football

this season its a case of
    "ITS LIKE WATCHING WIMBLEDON"

the jury is out

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    agree Soko conor is terrible he cant string a pass together ,hasnt got pace ie his attempt to chase ollie and then try and trip him and the game seems to pass him by.He isnt anything like the player he was b4 he got injured.To be fair to him i think he doesnt go out to play a bad game the simple fact is that he just isnt good enough and similar situation as for instance deccie last year dolan continues to pick him surely david warren ,mulconroy,packer etc deserve to be given a chance

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by thecorner
    is it time to start admitting that even we thoug he wasnt a fans favourite but the football we played under gunther was something u could actually call football

let me refresh your memories
    first game last season
    "ITS JUST LIKE WATCHING BRAZIL"
    the football city played that nite was awesome and at periods thru that season,we kept playing football

this season its a case of
    "ITS LIKE WATCHING WIMBLEDON"

the jury is out
    As much as i hate to admit it, tour right.Some of the football last season was very good and if we kept at that who knows what we would be up to now.On the other hand you have to think of the sh!t times that we played aswell.For some reason we didnt have a consistant standard last year, we seemed to equal the team we were playing.Thats why why we lost to alot of crap teamsStill though its only Dolans first season, i suppose all we can really expect is Europe.
    If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i think ur being very optimistic city ace,if we are very very honest city will struggle to make europe.I like everybody else hope we can achieve a european qualification but with the current squad and the way they are playing i think europe is beyond us this season

thecorner
    to be honest i think we havent got a hope in hell of making europe

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    no, i think Dolan will try to prove something so if we dont win anything this year, he will make it a dead cert that we will make europe.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    our football was good for the first few games of last season,away form was sh*t and our home play reached that level also as the season went on.There was no comparison to what we saw at the start of the season to what we saw at the end of the season.Had to laugh when you said football under gunther as it was non existant

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i never said that.Your right about the difference between the start
    and the end of the season though,that always seems to happen.Someone i knew used to call that "S.S.S." or Sunshine Supporter Syndrome, all hype at the start so they play well but when thay see that things arent going well they start to slip.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lads

What did you expect from Fatpat? Did you ever see st pats play when he was in charge? There was a reason why they were nicknamed Set Piece Pathetic, Dolan has always favoured the long-ball game, there would be very little point in a Dolan team buying a midfied playmaker

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    True Dolan has generally favpoured getting the ball forward earlier but hopefully in citys case he has just realised we can't play the ball in midfield so has decided not to bother trying...

Can hope anyway...
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!