Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: As an outsider....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As an outsider....

..I came down to the Cross last night with a feeling of dread. I thought home advantage would swing it for you.

Shels changed tactics slightly and it worked a dream. Rather than having two touchline-huggers [which leaves Crawford and Morgan with too much to do] we put Stewie Byrne on for Baker, and it worked a treat.

We were fortunate to get an early goal, and even more fortunate to get the second when the tide was definitely against us. Some people are saying Jason Byrne will never get two easier goals, but he was in the right place for the first, and he anticipated the backpass two seconds before it was effected. Not all strikers would have done that.

Cork were very disappointing in the first half. I was most surprised, and thrilled, by their distribution from the back. Hoof it forward - meat and drink to our back four.

George O'Callaghan has to be one of the best players in the league at the moment. Every time he got the ball he looked threatening. Unfortunately for you, he often had to come so deep to get the ball, that the threat got snuffed out.

You started to keep the ball down in the second half, and put us under the cosh. Great goalkeeping kept you out, though to be fair, Williams saves were very good, but not in the "fantastic" category. If you'd have got one then, I think you might have gone on to win it. Such is the thin line between success and failure.

All in all, I don't think you have too much to worry about in the league. I still fancy you to be up there at the end.

Thanks to the many Cork fans who congratulated us at the end. A nice gesture.

PS Thank Christ we didn't get awarded a dodgy penno!
    No Elvis, Beatles or the Rolling Stones
    In 1977

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well I think Jason Byrne will NOT get ever two easier goals, and Williams, I thought made some amazing saves, but ye well deserved to win.
    If we had scored in the period in the second half when we were on top, I think we would have gone on to win it.
    Still, it was a good game, only 2 yellows and a decent referee. The last few $hels games at the cross have been too controversial !

We are a few players short of challenging ye yet, but when Dolan acts rather than talks about new players, we will be up there with ye.

Another thing, no matter what the rumours in the future, Cahill will never be coming back to City !