Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tonight's game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tonight's game

played well but 0-0 is adisaster, three points on offer and we left them behind
    goalscoring is our problem , cummins is a great player but couldnt buy a goal at the mo, dav looks alittle lost like his head is still in sunderland, we are creating the chances but ball is just not falling for us in front of goal
    in other circumstances you would be happy with a draw, but tonight only person smilling is pete mahon
    We control by attitudes positive mental attitudes not by rules.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    In fairness cummins didnt really have time on the pitch he should have been on at half time for conor meade he really tired as it went on,dav needs a goal and fast and once again alan kearney ran the game although his namesake was excellent as well.Cant fault the defence and that save from mc carthy was something else 2 points dropped for the second time it wont last much longer like this!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i agree marty, 2 points dropped. we have to put away the chances and especially penos, it was a tame effort but fair dues to gregg once again for saving it. we have to go to bray next week and TBH id be happy if we got a draw as they have beaten derry up there, but then again is a point enough???
    that would be 2 points from 2 of the so-called fellow ''strugglers''!!! plus we are the only team not to beat galway as we threw away the win and another 2 points that night.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    That was absolutely cack. 2 points dropped but a position gained.

It was without a doubt the worst game i have ever witnessed in St. Colman's Park. I thought that Bilko was great and I felt that Alan Carey was our best player. It's great to see him back, his presence was felt.
    Our midfield lacked something. It lacked a presence. The two Kearneys passed well and ran off the ball well but they couldn't close down the UCD players, their tackling was terrible too they allowed the UCD players to slip by everytime. Kenny Coleman should have started that game but again he was left out in the cold and only given a 10 minute spell.
    Davin is completely off his game. He won't take on a player, he won't tackle, he won't close down and he won't shoot. I don't know whats wrong with him but I hope the old Davin returns fast.
    Conor Meade missed a sitter which cost us dearly. He played well but Conor won't close the ball down and it costs us dearly when he doesn't do it. He has potential but he's no Cummins IMO.

We had 3 chances and we blew the lot of them. It's been said before but we have to take our chances. Otherwise we are in a lot of trouble.

Once again the referee didn't help us and was very poor but i'm starting to get used to being f*cked over by them every week so it's water off a ducks back really.
    Last edited by rambler14; 25/04/2008 at 11:47 PM.
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    what was up wit dat peno?
    Mar 19 Cobh Ramblers3-2 Limerick
    July 23 Ramblers 2-1 Limerick
    Sept 23 Limerick 0-2 Ramblers
    June 28 Ramblers 2-1 Limerick
    Aug 18 Limerick 0-1 Ramblers
    Oct 21 Ramblers 1-0 Limerick

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    First half I thought we were excellent but the finishing was terrible, had we gone 3 or 4-1 up at half time no one could have any complaints, second half UCD defended very well and were dangerous on the break. Rams defence again was top class. As for that penalty.
    Still we have to take the chances when they present themselves.
    ''and I for one welcome our new insect overlords''

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marty View Post
    In fairness cummins didnt really have time on the pitch he should have been on at half time for conor meade he really tired as it went on,
    cant agree with you there, not a hope thought conor meade was excellent last night, really played well, all credit too him he took his chance, taking him off a h/t would have been a terrbile move

Quote Originally Posted by rambler14 View Post
    It was without a doubt the worst game i have ever witnessed in St. Colman's Park. I thought that Bilko was great and I felt that Alan Carey was our best player. It's great to see him back, his presence was felt.
    Our midfield lacked something. It lacked a presence. The two Kearneys passed well and ran off the ball well but they couldn't close down the UCD players, their tackling was terrible too they allowed the UCD players to slip by everytime. Kenny Coleman should have started that game but again he was left out in the cold and only given a 10 minute spell.
    Thats the worst game you witnessed?? Come off the stage how long you supporting ramblers lad?? As for midfield i think your mad, the two lads were outstanding and IMO the positions theres to lose, the two of them were excellent, alan more than john, breath of frsh air is what alan is, what a player, his attitude is spot on, i thought his tackling was brilliant too. Great to have carey back what a player. Hendo should reilly aside and tell him if hes ever taking a peno again hes never ever to do that stupid ****in thing swivel thing he was always going to miss, he didnt have any bearing or balance runnig up to it, brutal peno. But he was a major threat all night. Great game. I thought ever player put in a good performance but unfortunatly missing so many chances just isnt good enough, we will be buried if we do that to the bigger clubs. But there are positives to be taken from it.

Should have at least one more peno btw.

Fair paly to the 3 ucd fans and their flag
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    Without wanting to dwell on the penalty, why didn't A.C take the penalty? Also I reckon it deserves to be on the good,bad ugly section on MNS.
    ''and I for one welcome our new insect overlords''

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thats the worst game you witnessed?? Come off the stage how long you supporting ramblers lad?? As for midfield i think your mad, the two lads were outstanding and IMO the positions theres to lose, the two of them were excellent, alan more than john, breath of frsh air is what alan is, what a player, his attitude is spot on, i thought his tackling was brilliant too. Great to have carey back what a player. Hendo should reilly aside and tell him if hes ever taking a peno again hes never ever to do that stupid ****in thing swivel thing he was always going to miss, he didnt have any bearing or balance runnig up to it, brutal peno. But he was a major threat all night. Great game. I thought ever player put in a good performance but unfortunatly missing so many chances just isnt good enough, we will be buried if we do that to the bigger clubs. But there are positives to be taken from it.

Fair paly to the 3 ucd fans and their flag[/quote]

have to agree with you bella, good game of football, created a lot of chances, centre mid was superb last night so too were centre backs.I think if Cummins had been fit for full game we would have won easily. Again we should focus on the positives
    "Some weeks the lady is good looking and some weeks they're not. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi". - Ian Holloway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    the pain truth is we can play as well as that every week but if we dont start taking our chances we are doomed, agree about the penalty he should concentrate more on power than that stupid run up the run up made it easy for the keeper to decide as there was no way he could swivelled his body to hit it into the other corner

thought the two guys in midfield were excellent by the way, if we had a dave mooney or denis behan in that team we would have won comfortably

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellavistaman View Post
    cant agree with you there, not a hope thought conor meade was excellent last night, really played well, all credit too him he took his chance, taking him off a h/t would have been a terrbile move

spot on again bvm.im not even going to go there on da penowe need more from them next week.me thinks it will prove very hard up there

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outside in View Post
    spot on again bvm.im not even going to go there on da penowe need more from them next week.me thinks it will prove very hard up there
    Especially seeing as Bray beat Galway up in Terryland.

But in my defence I never said the midfield was bad, all I said was they just didn't tackle enough.
    When I said it was the worst game, I was commenting on how frustrating it was to watch.

Ramblers have to lose their reputation as a second half team because I don't think we've scored in the 1st half since the Dundalk game last season. Like it or not thats a shocking statistic.
    Last edited by rambler14; 26/04/2008 at 3:52 PM.
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    we need a poacher to play alongside reilly &/or cummins, kierans game is his pace but we need a person who will finish when he gets a chance. 15 to 20 goals a season man. but who is available when the transfer window opens and even then we are 2months away from that.

our main problem is scoring, we did a barca last night. we made a load of chances and played some nice football but no end product.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rambler14 View Post
    Especially seeing as Bray beat Galway up in Terryland.

But in my defence I never said the midfield was bad, all I said was they just didn't tackle enough.
    When I said it was the worst game, I was commenting on how frustrating it was to watch.

Ramblers have to lose their reputation as a second half team because I don't think we've scored in the 1st half since the Dundalk game last season. Like it or not thats a shocking statistic.
    would you ever stop editing your posts, if you want to add something just put up another post ffs
    "Some weeks the lady is good looking and some weeks they're not. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi". - Ian Holloway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    edited or not he is right.

hendo thinks things will fall into place, he is agreat manager but there is only so much he can do, it is up to the players. mikey should prob be there or there abouts but we need someone to step up and take responsibility, maybe switch dav and but him through the middle and see if his form picks up

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    The Bray game is a must win as the Bohs game will follow we need to start scoring to keep ppl comming through the gates,Dav does not have the physical presence to be playing down the middle its the prem division now we need strong charactors id love to see mucky in the centre with a.kearney and dav switched to the left cambridge or mickey on the right,we must beat in form bray!!!!!

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,269 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellavistaman View Post
    Hello.

Must say, that was one of the most enjoyable away trips in a while. Really friendly club. Had some lad tell me to go up and eat them sandwiches at one stage, though I thought they were for the half time draw. And the free beer was well appreciated! Ended up in Ryan's after; very nice pub. Don't know why the clubhouse wasn't open until half seven though?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    now that you said that. i got in there at half 6, by walking in with a player, i asked a steward what time the gates were opening he said not a bloody clue, dont care.. But it was a disgrace the new system you can only gain access by going in pitch and the bloody gates not opening until 7. We had to sneak my friend in. Its unfair on the bar manager too, they question the accounts when the clubs are missing out on away support and alot of home support before the games. Not on
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsfan View Post
    edited or not he is right.

hendo thinks things will fall into place, he is agreat manager but there is only so much he can do, it is up to the players. mikey should prob be there or there abouts but we need someone to step up and take responsibility, maybe switch dav and but him through the middle and see if his form picks up
    we all have opinions and thats fair enough but my point here ramsfan is R14 should stop editing his posts after someone disagrees with him, you put up a post then stand by it not this s**t he is constantly doing.

Rant over

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    fair point punisha

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast