Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Poor Standard of Ref's in the Eircom League.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    Not sure I can count everything but I suspect I am in a minority.

I actually think the standard is not bad. Yes big teams get more decisions on balance but it was ever thus and is the same all aorund the world.

By and large they do a decent job and while I have cursed like all of us I could never say a ref ruined a game or most importantly failed to deal with thuggishness
    Agreed, I too think our refs in general are decent enough. Some are better than others and all prone to the odd mistake, but by and large I have few complaints.

Been some dodgy lino's this year though;
    Exhibit A: Lino raises flag for offside, then puts it down again because the ref didnt notice - 3 times in one game.
    Exhibit B: Player does brilliantly to keep ball from going over side-line, lino's view is obscured, 2 or 3 seconds later he raises his flag after opposition player calls for throw-in
    LTID

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevB76 View Post
    Never mind dodgy lino's - anybody seen the very cute lino that does under 21 games ? There is a nearly cute lino called Rhona but this other lino is decent stuff.

Exchanged pleasantries a few times at under 21 games when UCD were 7-0 up and there was nothing going on at her end (oo'er)
    DB Cooper is alive !

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Agreed, I too think our refs in general are decent enough. Some are better than others and all prone to the odd mistake, but by and large I have few complaints.

Exhibit A: Lino raises flag for offside, then puts it down again because the ref didnt notice - 3 times in one game.
    That's actually what you are MEANT to do - if the Ref is ignoring you, you can't hold your flag up for hours until he looks around - just give it a few seconds & then lower the flag, but bring it to the ref's attention (at half time). Often the ref will be over-ruling the assistant rather than ignoring them.

Exhibit B: Player does brilliantly to keep ball from going over side-line, lino's view is obscured, 2 or 3 seconds later he raises his flag after opposition player calls for throw-in
    No, I can't give any justification for that one

Quote Originally Posted by Angus
    Never mind dodgy lino's - anybody seen the very cute lino that does under 21 games ?
    This thread just got interesting!
    Anyone got some info on this lady?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CuanaD View Post
    That's actually what you are MEANT to do - if the Ref is ignoring you, you can't hold your flag up for hours until he looks around - just give it a few seconds & then lower the flag, but bring it to the ref's attention (at half time). Often the ref will be over-ruling the assistant rather than ignoring them.
    That's not correct Cuana - you're supposed to stay with the flag until the referee spots you and either takes the decision or waves you down.

We have the flags nowadays with the buzzer built in - so if the ref doesn't spot you - you simply press a button on the handle and the receiver strapped to the ref's arm emits a loud beep and a vibration
    Kom Igen, FCK...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Réiteoir View Post
    loud beep and a vibration
    No wonder Rhona and co. have signed up...

Ooooh Matron....
    DCFC

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    Never mind dodgy lino's - anybody seen the very cute lino that does under 21 games ? There is a nearly cute lino called Rhona but this other lino is decent stuff.

Exchanged pleasantries a few times at under 21 games when UCD were 7-0 up and there was nothing going on at her end (oo'er)
    Possibly Aisling Looney (the lino we had v Shels on Friday) ?
    LTID

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    That's actually what you are MEANT to do
    Ehhhh, no ! Please tell me you are not a lino

if the Ref is ignoring you, you can't hold your flag up for hours until he looks around
    That's actually what you are MEANT to do. The ref doesnt ignore him, but he might not see him straight away, he's supposed to keep the flag up until the ref see's him.

just give it a few seconds & then lower the flag, but bring it to the ref's attention (at half time)..
    Ask yourself this: Why did he raise the flag in the first place - an offside or some other infringement of the rules, right? Why then would he change his mind, as if it never happened? What would be the whole point of raising the flag only to lower it seconds later? Sorry man, thats just nonsense.

Often the ref will be over-ruling the assistant rather than ignoring them.
    Yes the ref occassionally overrules the lino, he will ackowledge the lino and only then should he put the flag down.
    LTID

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey4ireland View Post
    The ref was a joke tonight - complete tosser. Think it was Hancock not sure though
    Was hancock and i thought he did a good job, Cork players trying to kick fahey off the pitch and Murphy leading with the elbow every time he jumed for a ball.

mad how 2 people can see 2 different things.

kdjac
    5-0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    I noticed a few players, on both sides, swinging kicks when the ball was gone tonight and Hancock did nothing about it.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kdjaC View Post
    Was hancock and i thought he did a good job, Cork players trying to kick fahey off the pitch and Murphy leading with the elbow every time he jumed for a ball.
    Are you saying Danny lead with the arm for the first card? Given that the was turned the other way when he started jumping i would say no. Yeah it was there but there wasn't anything in it. Second yellow was worse decision, should not have got either card.

Sullivans i cant remember, Healys was another stupid decision, and a Pats player booked in the second should have got the card either. Brutal stuff.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face View Post

Sullivans i cant remember, Healys was another stupid decision, and a Pats player booked in the second should have got the card either. Brutal stuff.
    yes he should Dempsey took out your player, he also should have been booked for a studs up tackle edge of the box in the 1st half too but ref gave only a free.

Suppose adds more to RRS now.

kdjac
    5-0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Im sure its only a coincidence that all the weird refereeing decisions are going in favour of Pats and Bohs and against Cork mainly and even Drogs.

Hope none of you Cork people are getting paranoid:

http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=932024&postcount=12

I wouldn't like to be a Cork fan
    The deepest layer of human thinking and feeling somehow knows that God must exist - Pope Benedict XVI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by joey4ireland View Post
    Nevermind that clown - he was making excuses again that time
    Ah yes, the clown with the best record of any Cork City manager, ever. Glad we're shot of him, now we've got Mathews in who picks Behan ahead of Flynny and rewards the lads with pizza however mediocre their display. Its a good thing he's in now, to let the players do their own set piece routines, the lack of short corners was killing me.
    Your Chairperson,
    Gavin
    Membership Advisory Board
    "Ex Bardus , Vicis"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345