Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Reserves home games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Reserves home games

Just head that the reserves hme games r to be played in Blarney, dont know if it is true but if so what a disgrace, i dont care if there r no cobh players but this is taking the pi**

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rams Mc 7 View Post
    Just head that the reserves hme games r to be played in Blarney, dont know if it is true but if so what a disgrace, i dont care if there r no cobh players but this is taking the pi**
    I remember this being discussed on here recently but can't find the thread in question though. Bit strange alright.
    RamblersWeb

Cricket: The most boring farcical game to ever grace the planet.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    being realistic pitch is crap its used 2 or 3 times for training why use it more for reserve matches?
    Quote Originally Posted by fbtn View Post
    No matter to us. We win all our games, we win the league regardless of what anyone else does.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Because Cobh is on our crest, and the pitch being bad is no excuse

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    I remember this being discussed on here recently but can't find the thread in question though. Bit strange alright.
    Here it is. I started this thread after I heard our Under 17 team were playin in Pfizers and our Youth team in Ballinhassig. The A Team playing in Blarney wasn't even on the horizon when the thread was started.

As for the A Team playing in Blarney. I'm not happy about it but considering we only have one pitch which isn't in the best condition at the moment i'm willing to accept it.

If any of us win the €13 million lotto Saturday then make your first purchase a piece of land in Cobh that you can turn into a traning complex and offer it to Ramblers free of charge then charge anyone else who wants to use it.
    Last edited by rambler14; 17/04/2008 at 4:15 PM.
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rambler14 View Post
    Here it is. I started this thread after I heard our Under 17 team were playin in Pfizers and our Youth team in Ballinhassig. The A Team playing in Blarney wasn't even on the horizon when the thread was started.

As for the A Team playing in Blarney. I'm not happy about it but considering we only have one pitch which isn't in the best condition at the moment i'm willing to accept it.

If any of us win the €13 million lotto Saturday then make your first purchase a piece of land in Cobh that you can turn into a traning complex and offer it to Ramblers free of charge then charge anyone else who wants to use it.
    how much would it actually cost to build one along with buying the site?
    Mar 19 Cobh Ramblers3-2 Limerick
    July 23 Ramblers 2-1 Limerick
    Sept 23 Limerick 0-2 Ramblers
    June 28 Ramblers 2-1 Limerick
    Aug 18 Limerick 0-1 Ramblers
    Oct 21 Ramblers 1-0 Limerick

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nismo View Post
    You should have plenty of change out of €13 million anyway. No more than €2.5 million i'd say possibly less.
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    land in cobh can fetch up to 250k for 0.2 acres, tats 1.2 million per acre. but then again the land required for a recreational pitch would be less as you could buy land that you wouldnt get plannin permission to build houses on. and you could also buy a bit of land a few miles out of main town area.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nismo View Post
    You sound interested, have you got a spare couple of million lying around?

If theres a few quid left over at the end, maybe you could bring Stephen Ireland and Hally back to Cobh? They'd make a great pairing in the centre of the Rams midfield.

A couple of lads down at Springers said they are looking to sell up and move out to Ballymore with 3 or 4 pitches out there. Maybe we could buy into the deal and use it for training and reserves? Would solve things for us and help them get set up.
    Players lose you games, not tactics. There's so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes. Brian Clough

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    was discussed at agm, said it was being looked at as an option
    biggest disaster is guy who owns field where cobh town used to play is willing to let rams use land but if he lets rams use it in the eyes of the law he could never sell it for houses as zoning would change
    We control by attitudes positive mental attitudes not by rules.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    bad form alright. disapointing the way we cant watch them ,and **** that am i travelling to blarney hungover on a sunday, across the word was hard enough.
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rambler14 View Post

That's about the long and short of it. It's not ideal by any means but hopefully it's short term. The pitch would be destroyed pretty quickly if you had the reserves and youth teams playing on it as well.
    Top Breeders recommend drinkfeckarse....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsfan View Post
    biggest disaster is guy who owns field where cobh town used to play is willing to let rams use land but if he lets rams use it in the eyes of the law he could never sell it for houses as zoning would change
    I presume he has been approached with a view to selling it to Rams permanently.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsfan View Post
    you might have ur facts wrong there if as stated springers wil be sold for houses then why cant he do the same?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    theres loads of planning loop holes and irregularities im studying planning in college wasnt in the day they were on about the thing ramsfn suggested but there is something along the line of if planning permission for development is granted it can be annuled by certain actions which take place on the land! as for springers if they apply for planning and get it they can continue to use their pitch until the time they sell it and the planning permission will not be affected!

then again i did fail planning at xmas
    No matter to us. We win all our games, we win the league regardless of what anyone else does.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MojoPin View Post
    theres loads of planning loop holes and irregularities im studying planning in college wasnt in the day they were on about the thing ramsfn suggested but there is something along the line of if planning permission for development is granted it can be annuled by certain actions which take place on the land! as for springers if they apply for planning and get it they can continue to use their pitch until the time they sell it and the planning permission will not be affected!

so wat ur saying is u dont have a clue

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    well planning law in ireland is based on an english act from the 1800's with a few amendments so its very vague.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    lads they cant sell the houses that are already built why would they build more, anyone read the article in the inside cobh where barry said we were doin a deal with the VEC to convert there pitch to all weather, for use as a traing pitch,
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Foot.ie!

Quote Originally Posted by MojoPin View Post

if the old cobh celtic field was leased to rams then the farmer in the future if he wanted to develop it for building, would have to provide an alternative green field ammenity site within a certain radius of the the field itself....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outside in View Post
    you might have ur facts wrong there if as stated springers wil be sold for houses then why cant he do the same?
    looks like i wasnt too far off the mark afterall
    We control by attitudes positive mental attitudes not by rules.