Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pats Latest

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Pats Latest

Ramblers 1 down after ten mins but have had them on the back foot since with five chances to equalise.
    RamblersWeb

Cricket: The most boring farcical game to ever grace the planet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    anymore updates on how they are playing, could really do with a point the way the other games are going tonight....
    Division 1 Champions 2007
    Bring on the City derbies!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    all over, 1-0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    Ramblers 1 down after ten mins but have had them on the back foot since with five chances to equalise.
    Hans Christian Andersen is alive and well and living in Cork!
    http://pix.ie/widgets/generate/accou...000-F5F5FF.jpg

"It's time for the FAI to grow up." John O'Donoghue, Minister for Sport, RTE , Sunday 7 Nov 2004

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Both teams had chances by the sounds of it. Hopefully the team should be ready for UCD next week. This is a must win game for us now. Hopefully the next few weeks should see us get some points to keep up with the rest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Ram View Post
    Both teams had chances by the sounds of it.
    One header from a corner I think. The odd long shot. Can't remember any chances you had. We could've been 3/4 up after 20 minutes and then just stopped. 2nd half we had the odd chance (Dessie Byrne hit crossbar) but overall a poor game. Without leaving 2nd gear we were always in control
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    RTE gave a less bias account
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    One header from a corner I think. The odd long shot. Can't remember any chances you had. We could've been 3/4 up after 20 minutes and then just stopped. 2nd half we had the odd chance (Dessie Byrne hit crossbar) but overall a poor game. Without leaving 2nd gear we were always in control
    ha...the dubs summary of accounts.typical.
    Mar 19 Cobh Ramblers3-2 Limerick
    July 23 Ramblers 2-1 Limerick
    Sept 23 Limerick 0-2 Ramblers
    June 28 Ramblers 2-1 Limerick
    Aug 18 Limerick 0-1 Ramblers
    Oct 21 Ramblers 1-0 Limerick

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    1 nil, rams got off slow, conceded early, was a fairly even game both teams played good football, pats looked the full time side there passing was better than our passing, which wasnt bad by any means, we played well and kept them under pressure for a good lenght of time, we got about 4 corners in a 10 minute spell, kenny coleman took each corner, and took them well floating all of them into the middle of the box and nearly swerved one into the net, which was cleared off the line, as were two other chances, i think it was reilly nearly lobbed there keeper for 20 yards and he just tipped it over as it dipped, mccarthy was beaten at his near post (again), other than that he had a very good game, made two line clearances, wasnt afraid to leave the box to clear danger when a pats player broke free, i think he just has to work on that conceding at the near post problem he seems to be havin lately, john kearney came on and looked very good, id say he was makin a point after being dropped which i like to see, barrett done well could maybe have done a bit better was replaced by kearney, cant really fault the defence for the goal, gutsie was holding the player up on the right side of the pitch he got a cross off to a player on the left and he then beat mccarthy at his near post, that one moment seperated the 2 teams, bar that the game would have been a draw, both teams looked like they would score, but the 2 keepers kept it at 1 nil,

all in all im not to dissapointed as i think we aquited ourself well, played some very good football, and i would think on another day we could have taken something from the game,

also i would like to say that the pats officals were very welcoming, E15 in, a free program, and 3 free bottles of lucozade, and we were also behind the goals with the wind blowing in our faces, and one of the stewarts allowed us into the main stand out of the cold, cheers lads
    Last edited by don ramo; 19/04/2008 at 1:44 AM.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    pats looked very good, especially in first 10 minutes. but they did have to clear off the line at the end.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    From the txts I got during the game they accumalated to Ramblers having 14 chances
    RamblersWeb

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    From the txts I got during the game they accumalated to Ramblers having 14 chances
    LOL
    ---

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Funny as it may sound Dodge I'm merely stating what I received from our Photographer who was at the game. No doubt MNS will provide the answer
    RamblersWeb

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Ramblers played well they fought hard and on the 2nd half performence deserved a point IMO. They got caught ball watching for the goal alright but the defence steadied up after that.

Barrett was taken off at half-time because he couldn't handle Keith Fahey who is absolutely class he's the best player in the eircom league by a mile. John Kearney came on for Barrett and in fairness he did a good job holding the midfield.
    Kenny Coleman created a lot from his right-back position and almost scored twice and he was probably Rams best player on the night. Alan Kearney played very well again as did Bilko who finally put in a good away performence.

Like Don Ramo, I found the pats officals were very welcoming, €10 in, a free program, and 3 free bottles of lucozade and the stewards allowed us into the main stand out of the cold.

Also it's great to see the mullet haircut is alive among the youth of Inchicore. There tough little feckers aswell, one fella who was no more than 14 years old dropped a steward with one punch
    Last edited by rambler14; 19/04/2008 at 1:46 PM.
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rambler14 View Post
    Ramblers played well they fought hard and on the 2nd half performence deserved a point IMO. They got caught ball watching for the goal alright but the defence steadied up after that.

Barrett was taken off at half-time because he couldn't handle Keith Fahey who is absolutely class he's the best player in the eircom league by a mile. John Kearney came on for Barrett and in fairness he did a good job holding the midfield.
    Kenny Coleman created a lot from his right-back position and almost scored twice and he was probably Rams best player on the night. Alan Kearney played very well again as did Bilko who finally put in a good away performence.

Like Don Ramo, I found the pats officals were very welcoming, €10 in, a free program, and 3 free bottles of lucozade and the stewards allowed us into the main stand out of the cold.

Also it's great to see the mullet haircut is alive among the youth of Inchicore. There tough little feckers aswell, one fella who was no more than 14 dropped a steward with one punch

your favourite number too
    "Some weeks the lady is good looking and some weeks they're not. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi". - Ian Holloway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Most match reports differ from that though. Maybe Pats weren't in top gear but Cobh were in with a shout and had a good few chances by all accounts. Home fans in the stadium of light must have had the sun in their eyes it seems.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face View Post
    Most match reports differ from that though. Maybe Pats weren't in top gear but Cobh were in with a shout and had a good few chances by all accounts. Home fans in the stadium of light must have had the sun in their eyes it seems.
    Good few chances = a few corners and one shot on target from 20 yards. Where has anybody said anything different?

Whilst it was 1-0 they obviously had a shout, but I always felt we could step it up if needed and never, ever felt worried (and generally I'm nervous enough football fan)
    ---

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Good few chances = a few corners and one shot on target from 20 yards. Where has anybody said anything different?

Whilst it was 1-0 they obviously had a shout, but I always felt we could step it up if needed and never, ever felt worried (and generally I'm nervous enough football fan)
    What about the one that was cleared off the line? You tellin me you didn't think that was in?
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    The one that came from a corner (or free, not 100%)? No, didn't think it was in.

Should've been easily dealt with by Ryan, was dealt with by Partridge
    ---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

ya we had 5 shots at least on target, 3 cleared off the line, fair enough they werent treatening shots but they were on target, you keeper did have to come to save them,
    also most teams that drop a gear in a game would find it very difficult to step it up if somthing happens, thats how small teams beat big teams,
    im quiet happy with our performance last night, maybe pats are used to the higher tempo of being at the top of the table, so therfore thought of it as a poor game,
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast