Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Inside Cobh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Inside Cobh

Anyone see the article last night, it stated that we only took in €27,000 in gate receipts last season, anyone reckon it was a misprint
    "Some weeks the lady is good looking and some weeks they're not. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi". - Ian Holloway

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    out of all the positives in that article you took the one negative!!!!! ha

what are the chances of gaining planning permission for the north stand? i hope we get it because seats on that side without a stand would be a disaster!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by fbtn View Post
    No matter to us. We win all our games, we win the league regardless of what anyone else does.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MojoPin View Post

what are the chances of gaining planning permission for the north stand? i hope we get it because seats on that side without a stand would be a disaster!!!!!!
    wasnt looking at a negative, wondering was it a misprint, far from negative MP
    "Some weeks the lady is good looking and some weeks they're not. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi". - Ian Holloway

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 6yardpunisha View Post
    wasnt looking at a negative, wondering was it a misprint, far from negative MP
    27000 would mean that at 12 yoyo in adults lets say 80% adults and 20% kids taht would amount to very rough maths but 3000 people all year paying in for home games! would that be unreasonable?
    No matter to us. We win all our games, we win the league regardless of what anyone else does.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    27000 would mean that at 12 yoyo in adults lets say 80% adults and 20% kids taht would amount to very rough maths but 3000 people all year paying in for home games! would that be unreasonable?
    Thats less than 200 paying people per game, Dundalk towards end of season had to have had at least 1500 alone as there was a large crowd from Dundalk if i remember correctly. Would Derry gate in league cup be counted in gate receipts, at least 2000 at that even though I think Derry would have got 40% of gate approx.Just saying it seems like a typo

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Misprint I'd say. Will check it out later. As far as I know the North Stand issue is sorted and work is beginning in June from what I hear. However, June really seems like an odd time to start as it'll certainly affect us getting near capacity crowds. Also heard that there is a 2000 seater going in around the club house area, which is supposed to be being levelled.

All my comments above are of course unofficial and third party
    RamblersWeb

Cricket: The most boring farcical game to ever grace the planet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    Misprint I'd say. Will check it out later. As far as I know the North Stand issue is sorted and work is beginning in June from what I hear. However, June really seems like an odd time to start as it'll certainly affect us getting near capacity crowds. Also heard that there is a 2000 seater going in where around the club house area, which is supposed to be being levelled.

All my comments above are of course unofficial
    duly noted

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    27,000 was said at the agm also. Futures bright lads.
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Misprint I'd say. Will check it out later. As far as I know the North Stand issue is sorted and work is beginning in June from what I hear. However, June really seems like an odd time to start as it'll certainly affect us getting near capacity crowds. Also heard that there is a 2000 seater going in around the club house area, which is supposed to be being levelled.

north stand funding is sorted planning permission is pending.

thats my understanding

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    that would mean there was only around 2700 people all season, absolute trash. there was 2700 at the 2 biggest games of last year, and then theres the other 10 to 15 home games. wat about the derry league cup game, there was 1500 to 2000 at that alone, minimum 15 grand there. i dont know where they're gettin these figures. the dundalk game was at least 1500, 2000 at last home game against monaghan, then there was shels, harps all these averaging 800 for the season.
    Last edited by depor; 17/04/2008 at 4:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Also heard that there is a 2000 seater going in around the club house area, which is supposed to be being levelled.

barry said in the interview that it will be levelled ,new stand built and the biggest bit yet an underground bar and hall.if he can pull that off it would be one hell of a place.hes done everything else why not make this happen aswell

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outside in View Post
    barry said in the interview that it will be levelled ,new stand built and the biggest bit yet an underground bar and hall.if he can pull that off it would be one hell of a place.hes done everything else why not make this happen aswell
    Did they get an €800,000 grant from the FAI aswell? I havn't read the article so i'm going by what I heard on the grapevine.

It will be amazing if it happens but I assume that the underground bar will be the members bar and upstairs will be the public bar.
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ya it sounds great, fair dues to all at the club, and barry walsh who has done a lot since he got the chairmanship.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by depor View Post
    that would mean there was only around 2700 people all season, absolute trash. there was 2700 at the 2 biggest games of last year, and then theres the other 10 to 15 home games. wat about the derry league cup game, there was 1500 to 2000 at that alone, minimum 15 grand there. i dont know where they're gettin these figures. the dundalk game was at least 1500, 2000 at last home game against monaghan, then there was shels, harps all these averaging 800 for the season.
    Done a quick calc, based on 1200 Dundalk, 1800 Monaghan (quoted numbers at the time) and an average of 350 for the other 14 home games. Average entry fee taken as €9, allowing for kids, OAPs and freebies. Works out at €71,100. Maybe €27k was meant to be €72k?

Heard from builders of south stand that the planning for the north stand was granted by the Town Council but appealed by some banjo in Kirkwood Villas. Not sure when the final decision is coming...

West stand plans sound class!
    Players lose you games, not tactics. There's so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes. Brian Clough

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    From my understanding of the situation it's a €27,000 profit on matchday expenses.

You have €71,100 income and your expense i.e garda, referees, security, etc...... come to a total expense of €44,100. Resulting in a matchday profit of €27,000.

Thats my theory on it anyway.
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chimpster View Post
    Done a quick calc, based on 1200 Dundalk, 1800 Monaghan (quoted numbers at the time) and an average of 350 for the other 14 home games. Average entry fee taken as €9, allowing for kids, OAPs and freebies. Works out at €71,100. Maybe €27k was meant to be €72k?

Heard from builders of south stand that the planning for the north stand was granted by the Town Council but appealed by some banjo in Kirkwood Villas. Not sure when the final decision is coming...
    West stand plans sound class!
    probably afraid if new stand goes up he wont be able to see games for free and he prob wont get his quota of free balls that misteriously disappear in those gardens
    We control by attitudes positive mental attitudes not by rules.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rambler14 View Post
    From my understanding of the situation it's a €27,000 profit on matchday expenses.

You have €71,100 income and your expense i.e garda, referees, security, etc...... come to a total expense of €44,100. Resulting in a matchday profit of €27,000.

Thats my theory on it anyway.
    makes sense
    We control by attitudes positive mental attitudes not by rules.