Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: City and new signings...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Foot.ie! City and new signings...

I do not understand why City cannot sign a good eircom league central midfielder when it is clear we need one.Its not fair playing players out of position for every game.Its like a training centre in midfield recently with all the players being tested in there rather than a new signing.I dont believe the rubbish about its hard to get a player to come to Cork instead of Dublin.We got one, if not the top managers in the league to come down here to work and live so why are the players not following.We have the best gates in the league and surely we can afford to pay as well as most clubs in the league.We have a good stadium with a nice pitch so any el league players worth there salt should be interested after they sample the atmosphere at the X.We have an english player and an aussie too so why cant we entice the best irish players in the league down here.City are one of the biggest clubs in this country so its about time we got in some good irish talent rather than some australian unknowns.Before anyone replys to say Dan Murray was unknown and Flynny and they are doing great i want to tell you that is not my argument.I would like for once to see City TRY to sign a recognised eircom league player...

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I agree, its something I would like to see happen, but apparently wages are better in Dublin, there's less travelling to do...... I don't know whether to buy into the argument that players are unwilling to leave dublin, at times it just sounds like a handy old excuse to roll out and shut people up- but on the other had, what evidence is there of players moving ut of Dublin to go anywhere else? I might be wrong on his, but I think Monaghan an/or Kilkenny had situations in recent years where they were holding training sessions in dublin......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    we've got the best two centre halves in the first division....Paul Finnucane and Pat Purcell.... Finnucane is real class, left footer, good in the air......but pish off...ye're not getting him!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Who do you want to buy? To my mind, the 3 best midfielders in the league are Kevin Hunt, Paul Osam and Alan Reynolds. The first two are far too settled and won't be going anywhere and the third speaks for itself really.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Schumi
    Who do you want to buy? To my mind, the 3 best midfielders in the league are Kevin Hunt, Paul Osam and Alan Reynolds. The first two are far too settled and won't be going anywhere and the third speaks for itself really.
    Bohz are in financial trouble so if the cash was waved under thier noses Hunt might go, Osam and Dolan have a very close relationship Id say so he could be tempted, and once we get into Europe ahead of Rovers we could easily hear about how City is a great club and the best place to further your career etc from the scut, so I wouldnt say that any of those players couldnt come to City. I doubt that they will though., anyway, we need wide men.
    As I say, we're just young & a bit nieve.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by joeSoap
    we've got the best two centre halves in the first division....

....but pish off...ye're not getting him!!!!
    It would take some terrible disaster for us to end up in the First Division next season so right now we don't need First Division players.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Originally posted by Troy.McClure
    Osam and Dolan have a very close relationship Id say so he could be tempted...
    Ahahaha... 5 years ago maybe...
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Osam is pushing on a bit. He must be close to collecting a bus pass by now.

Reynolds.......doesn't deserve a comment.

Hunt would be the best option, but I doubt if he'd move to ccfc.

Anyway, I don't see why ccfc should limit themselves to eircom league players. A lot of our best players have come over (cheaply) from the UK. Why pay for eircomn players when there are better players available ~free from the UK?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Osam is a geriatric at this stage, he would barely be worth having for one season
    I'm gonna take a blow torch to everyone who writes "any info on......." on the desks in the ucc library.

Who's with me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Originally posted by ccfc till i die
    Osam is a geriatric at this stage, he would barely be worth having for one season
    oh but what a season that would be
    we are potentially 1 player short of the league and 3 short of a strong side
    OSAM would make a big diff to city's midfield even at this late stage in his career imo

life is random

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Look at what you've started Schumi! I hope you're happy, sure you might as well have put Eddie Gormlie in there too!
    As I say, we're just young & a bit nieve.