Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No wonder you lost against Waterford

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No wonder you lost against Waterford

Sure the playing fields aren't level at all. Everybody knows that there's a strong Waterford bias in the FAI, and all the refs are biased in favour of them as well. O'Flynn is still upset at having to choose between representing his country or represent his club. I mean if it was Wes Houlihan, the FAI would have moved heaven and earth to accommodate him. And George is also upset that he didn't get picked for the U21s at all. I mean, what more does the lad have to do? If he was playing for Bohs or Rovers or Shels, he'd be captain of the senior international side by now. No wonder his confidence is shot. You have the greatest team the world has ever seen, but you haven't a hope of realising your full potential with an uneven pack of cards and the playing fields stacked against you.
    No Elvis, Beatles or the Rolling Stones
    In 1977

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Joe can you move this piece of shíte to the dustbin please!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Originally posted by NorthoftheLee

Joe can you move this piece of shíte to the dustbin please!!!!
    well i'm leaving it here.
    think dolan is trying to make excuses week in week out for poor / inadequate performances. i'm getting abit fed up listening to the everyone in dublin is against us routine. its boring
    life is random

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [SIZE=8]No-one reply to this ****e cos all the l@nger wants is to stir some sh!t.[/SIZE]
    If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    i think the sheliban has made a good point (and in a tounge in cheek type way )
    we cant go moving everything we dont agree with or dont like to read
    (esp when theres an element of truth in it)

waterford match we went 1-0 up, tried to sit back and defend a slim lead and as we have done a number of times this year it backfired.
    Wrong Tactic.

i'm sick of dolan blaming ref's/ dublin bias/ we had to play team x on day Y while the wind was blowing against us for both halves etc etc weekin week out
    (but if it sells papers, gets some of the brainless ccfc muppets onside.. then he'll continue to do it)
    life is random

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by James
    well i'm leaving it here.
    Is your name JOE????

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thanks James.

I thought the Dodge thread established the right of other fans to post on another club's forum, so long as they didn't descend into personal abuse.

Yes, my post is pure ****e. It was done a la Dolan. I think the responses speak for themselves.
    In 1977

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    The fact of the matter is that outside of Cork (and Pats before) Dolan makes very few friends with his over-the-top rhetoric and non stop conspiracy theories. The guy's enthusiasm for eL is praiseworthy but he is horribly ungracious in defeat - there's always an excuse, some reason that his flawless tactics and selection didn't work. In short, he's always robbed!

This isn't an attack on Cork City FC before somebody gets all mouthy. it's not even an attack on Dolan, he's playing the media game and trying to ingratiate himself with the Cork fans. That makes sense and on the field, judging by the league table anyway, he's doing alright there too.

Basically Cork lads, don't take it personally, any criticism of Dolan is aimed squarely at the man himself and not the rest of ye. He mouths off too often, like his thing in the star last year about then-Limerick boss Noel O'Connor getting lots of abuse from Limerick fans. One guy on the net... apparently that constituted lots of abuse. Dolan loves the media and doesn't mind who he has to roll over to be heard. Fair play to him I say. But that's why a lot of people aren't paid-up members of his fan club.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Neil

Re: No wonder you lost against Waterford

Originally posted by The Sheliban
    I mean if it was Wes Houlihan, the FAI would have moved heaven and earth to accommodate him.
    Try and say that they wouldn't.
    Oilly Byrne would have that fixed up with a quick phone call and a brown envelope transaction. alledgedly

Explain your way out of Shels/FAI switching the City game to a fukcin Thusday.... for the sake of a friendly.... more backhanders than Wimbledon....

It's only a matter of time though before we're winning the League every season DESPITE the Dublin bias.
    Last edited by Neil; 21/07/2003 at 12:56 PM.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts

Re: Re: No wonder you lost against Waterford

Originally posted by Neil
    It's only a matter of time though before we're winning the League every season DESPITE the Dublin bias.
    Now that is optimism! Neil, you're a star!
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Re: No wonder you lost against Waterford

Try and say that they wouldn't.
    Oilly Byrne would have that fixed up with a quick phone call and a brown envelope transaction.

Explain your way out of Shels/FAI switching the City game to a fukcin Thusday.... for the sake of a friendly.... more backhanders than Wimbledon....

1] You have proof of Ollie's brown envelopes, I take it? Naturally you wouldn't just be speculating about something as serious as that. I suggest you bring your evidence to the relevant authorities.

2] I think I answered the fact of putting the Cork game back 24 hours on another thread. AFAIK, Shels put the Cork game back with Cork's consent. I am open to correction on this. However, if you can prove that Ollie dished out brown envelopes to have the game changed, I will gladly retract everything.

3] Neil, are you Dolan in disguise?
    In 1977

Neil

Re: Re: Re: No wonder you lost against Waterford

Originally posted by The Sheliban
    AFAIK, Shels put the Cork game back with Cork's consent. I am open to correction on this.
    And how do you know this?
    What role do you play within $helbourne FC?
    You're obviously not just a supporter... $hels have no supporters!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Re: Re: Re: No wonder you lost against Waterford

And how do you know this?
    What role do you play within $helbourne FC?
    You're obviously not just a supporter... $hels have no supporters!

As I explained before, and other people are probably bored hearing this, I heard from somebody who works in the club. I also stated at the time I had no idea how reliable the info was, and asked could someone from Cork deny the story.

I play no role within Shels. Merely a supporter. I have contributed to the Shels programme, [even edited the damn thing nearly twenty years ago,] I even contributed an article to the Cork - Shels programme this year, I used to write occasionally for the sadly defunct Hospital Pass. But I have no other connection with the club, other than supporter.

That's a good quip about Shels having no supporters. Again, you're obviously reverting to out-of-date stereotypes. Our support is not as good as yours, admittedly, but we'd easily be in the top half of the table, as regards home attendances.

Wonder how to reply to the "Shels have no supporters" line? Should I call you a redneck?
    In 1977

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Re: Re: No wonder you lost against Waterford

Originally posted by sadloserkid
    Now that is optimism! Neil, you're a star!
    Not optimism, realism.
    If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

we cant go moving everything we dont agree with or dont like to read
    Hmmmm, I'm glad you put that in writing, James.

As for what Sheliban said, not every City fan agrees with what Dolan says, he is ott and can be a whinger, but he has an equal in Ollie Byrne, who, while admittedly quite for the last season or two, is just as paranoid, ranting and ott as Dolan.
    So first, cast the mote from your own eye and all that, Sheliban.
    You are right about Dolan, but every club calls foul.
    Wait until Keeley gets going up in Derry...

Dolan's latest outburst, as regards last Friday night, for once, imo, is justified.
    I have never seen such an incompetent, inept and disgraceful display from a referee and one of the linesman. Every supporter thinks their club is getting a raw deal, but even Waterford supporters could hardly believe some of the decisions they got.
    Last edited by patsh; 21/07/2003 at 2:04 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by patsh

, but even Waterford supporters could hardly believe some of the decisions they got.

Hey dont bring us into this. I thought the ref had a good game and it was defo a penalty. Either way it levels out as we had a defo penalty dissallowed in Turners Cross. Thats the game you get some and you dont get some.

We are just happy to be sitting second place in the table despite everybody saying we would fall away and get relegated

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Originally posted by patsh
    Hmmmm, I'm glad you put that in writing, James.
    whats that supposed to mean patsh?
    life is random

Neil
    Originally posted by Blue Muff
    We are just happy to be sitting second place in the table despite everybody saying we would fall away and get relegated
    the only good thing about losing on Friday was that I'd love to see Waaterford stay in the top 4 for the season. If only so that that jackeen fool Noel king would have to eat his words!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Just for the record, as anyone who read Hospital Pass can vouch, I have been as critical of Ollie as I have of Dolan.

I'm also acutely aware that both of the above gentlemen contribute much more to the league than I do. The league needs them both. Its their excesses we don't need.
    In 1977

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    whats that supposed to mean patsh?
    Just nice to see that you believe impartiality is an important factor in moderating a forum.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast