Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favourite Sports Commentators

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Torn-Ado View Post
    All mentioned above are horrendous in my opinion.
    I'd agree..... for only for other events then ones i've listed. But for that particular event i've listed, they make the games more enjoyable for me!.

If Andy Gray/ Martin Tyler were doing an Ireland game or Champions League i would'nt like them, but for a Premiership game i enjoy them etc....
    There's the right way, the wrong way.... and the Max Power way!! :-D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilberto_eire View Post
    I'd agree..... for only for other events then ones i've listed. But for that particular event i've listed, they make the games more enjoyable for me!.

If Andy Gray/ Martin Tyler were doing an Ireland game or Champions League i would'nt like them, but for a Premiership game i enjoy them etc....
    There's a word for people like you
    That question was less stupid, though you asked it in a profoundly stupid way.

Help me, Arthur Murphy, you're my only hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge
    I bow to no one. bar Bluebeard and Mr A

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I'd love to hear Micheal O'Muircheartaigh and Sid Waddell commentating in tandem

Can listen to most football commentators except Andy Gray and Alan Green, a pair of opinionated asshol*s.
    Honest! I am not a secret Tim nor a closet Sham - I really am a Seagull.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    sid waddell what a legend,

some classics

Taylor is so hot he could hit the bullseye standing one-legged in a hammock.

Circus Tavern packed - even a garter snake smothered in Vaseline couldn’t slide in here

brilliant
    We control by attitudes positive mental attitudes not by rules.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Agreed that Sid Waddell is great to listen to.
    One reservation is that while his quotes are legendary, you could have them all written well in advance of the match starting and then just lash them out.

Michael O' is quite simple a legend. Where else would you get:

"Colin Corkery on the 45 lets go with the right boot. It's over the bar. This man shouldn't be playing football. He's made an almost Lazarus-like recovery from a heart condition. Lazarus was a great man but he couldn't kick points like Colin Corkery. The ball is kicked out by Declan O'Keeffe it's dropping......"

"1-5 to 0-8. Well from Lapland to the Antartic that's level scores in any man's language"

"Pat Fox has it on his hurl and is motoring well now....but here comes Joe Rabbitte hot on his tail...I've seen it all now, a Rabbitte chasing a Fox around Croke Park !"

"Pat Fox out to the forty and grabs the sliothar, I bought a dog from his father last week. Fox turns and sprints for goal, the dog ran a great race last Tuesday in Limerick. Fox to the 21 fires a shot, it goes to the left and wide......and the dog lost as well."

"Sean Óg o Hailpín....his father's from Fermanagh, his mother's from Fiji, neither a hurling stronghold. "

"Teddy McCarthy to John McCarthy, no relation, John McCarthy to Teddy McCarthy, still no relation. "

“And Brian Dooher is down injured. And while he is, I’ll tell ye a little story. I was in Times Square in New York last week, and I was missing the Championship back home. So I approached a newsstand and I said 'I suppose ye wouldn't have ‘The Kerryman would ye?' To which the Egyptian behind the counter turned to me and he said 'Do you want the North Kerry edition or the South Kerry edition?'... He had both... So I bought both. And Dooher is back on his feet..."

"Anthony Lynch the Cork corner back will be the last person to let you down - his people are undertakers"

"I saw a few Sligo people at Mass in Gardiner Street this morning and the omens seem to be good for them. The priest was wearing the same colours as the Sligo jersey! Forty yards out on the Hogan stand side of the field Ciarán Whelan goes on a rampage, its a goal for Dublin. So much for religion."

Everytime I read them, they still seem top drawer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Mike Ingham and Alan Green on 5Live.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Just heard a classic Alan Green-ism on the radio.

"Someone's just walked in front of the commentary position. Get out of the way, you clod!"
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Bill Mc Laren. Rugby commentator. Legend.
    Can't say I've liked any football commentators since Barry Davies hung up the mic...
    Snooker commentators are all excellent. All old pros, who know the game inside out, can't say the same for Andy 'I know everything, Bow down before me' Gray..
    What a W..ker....
    Last edited by Pike B; 21/04/2008 at 8:55 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rebus2008 View Post
    Agreed that Sid Waddell is great to listen to.
    One reservation is that while his quotes are legendary, you could have them all written well in advance of the match starting and then just lash them out.

Michael O' is quite simple a legend. Where else would you get:

"Colin Corkery on the 45 lets go with the right boot. It's over the bar. This man shouldn't be playing football. He's made an almost Lazarus-like recovery from a heart condition. Lazarus was a great man but he couldn't kick points like Colin Corkery. The ball is kicked out by Declan O'Keeffe it's dropping......"

"1-5 to 0-8. Well from Lapland to the Antartic that's level scores in any man's language"

"Pat Fox has it on his hurl and is motoring well now....but here comes Joe Rabbitte hot on his tail...I've seen it all now, a Rabbitte chasing a Fox around Croke Park !"

"Pat Fox out to the forty and grabs the sliothar, I bought a dog from his father last week. Fox turns and sprints for goal, the dog ran a great race last Tuesday in Limerick. Fox to the 21 fires a shot, it goes to the left and wide......and the dog lost as well."

"Sean Óg o Hailpín....his father's from Fermanagh, his mother's from Fiji, neither a hurling stronghold. "

"Teddy McCarthy to John McCarthy, no relation, John McCarthy to Teddy McCarthy, still no relation. "

“And Brian Dooher is down injured. And while he is, I’ll tell ye a little story. I was in Times Square in New York last week, and I was missing the Championship back home. So I approached a newsstand and I said 'I suppose ye wouldn't have ‘The Kerryman would ye?' To which the Egyptian behind the counter turned to me and he said 'Do you want the North Kerry edition or the South Kerry edition?'... He had both... So I bought both. And Dooher is back on his feet..."

"Anthony Lynch the Cork corner back will be the last person to let you down - his people are undertakers"

"I saw a few Sligo people at Mass in Gardiner Street this morning and the omens seem to be good for them. The priest was wearing the same colours as the Sligo jersey! Forty yards out on the Hogan stand side of the field Ciarán Whelan goes on a rampage, its a goal for Dublin. So much for religion."

Everytime I read them, they still seem top drawer
    All classics. My Da, loves that man!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12