Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Keely's exit.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Keely's exit.

I would have loved to have been to the showgrounds for his last match. I can see Keely's point of view joining a bigger club and can't be faulted on what he done at County. But from what I hear when I talk to other fans he's the devil. Come on lads come back to planet earth, these are the same lads who are linking Niall Quinn with the managers job.
    Any condescension detected in this post is fully unintentional and is solely the perception of the reader. If I think you're an idiot, I'll tell you that. You won't need to intuit it.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quinn ...ah some guys really talk through their arses!!!!

I'm very disappointed in Keely going. Yes its a premier club he is taking over but surely bringing us up would have been one of his best management achievements????

I do thank him for what he has done in his short time here. We are definately a better club for it but i'm am very suspicious that money is the motivating factor here and not ambition.

Sligo fans spread the word around the stand in the first half. How the **** did they know. I laughed it off and even got into a bit of a heated debate with one in the pub afterwards. Then i got a phoecall confirming it.

Bad form to leave us the way he has. Surely Keely is breaking his contract and compensation from derry could be a factor but then again keely is a cute hoor and I'm sure he would have had some sort of release clause in place for stuff like this.

John Ryan maybe???

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Front runners for the job:

Belgrove manager Mahon and Ballyfermot Utd manager Cooke.

John Rayn is not intrested.

Rico's has been mentioned
    Any condescension detected in this post is fully unintentional and is solely the perception of the reader. If I think you're an idiot, I'll tell you that. You won't need to intuit it.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I remember I wrote a piece on Keely for HP last year. While researching it, I was amazed to discover the number of clubs he'd managed. I think the average he stayed at a club was 1.5 years, and I said I didn't think he'd be staying long in Kildare.

His reasons for leaving Shels were baffling. My own theory is that he can't handle pressure. The first year or two in a job are a honeymoon period. After that, you're expected to produce the goods. He has barely been at a club long enough to feel pressure. In his third year at Shels he had a nervous breakdown, and went about making ludicrous statements to the press.

Unless he brings a trophy to Derry by the end of next season, I don't expect to see him hanging around up there.
    No Elvis, Beatles or the Rolling Stones
    In 1977

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Don't know if there was any real pressure at County. As for the nervous break down don't know much about it, had a few this year myself watching County where's the seroxat

For a guy who can't handle pressure, he seem to realy enjoy himself after matches.

If pressure (which every manager has) was a problem he wouldn't be Derry manager now

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    That's what I'm saying.

No pressure at County. Next year he would have been expected to deliver.

No pressure at Derry. For a year and a half anyway.
    In 1977

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    but surely there is immediate pressure at derry considering their position in the league?

Keely always commented to us that he was baffled at the apathy and attitude kildare people and businesses had towards eircom league soccer. He should know, he went out trying to sell the club literally to businesses. At the same time you just cant waltz in with a new soccer club and expect everyone to throw their money and support behind it. This will eventually happen hopefully.

The time he spends at clubs really makes for horrific reading and there could be something in that.

Derry City are an established club in the premier league with a proud history who will always be a big player in the el.

Kildare County survive on a shoestring in division one with poor crowds and we dont even own a ground.

When you compare both clubs and if the opportunity arose any manager worth his salt would be mad to turn it down.

All i'm worried about now is our players who were totally devasted by this news.

Crumlin must be rubbing their hands with glee.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Countyman

All i'm worried about now is our players who were totally devasted by this news.

Happy birthday Countyman nearly the big 30.

The lads will be worried about their positions with a new manager. Hiring and firing comes with new managers, byt so does opportunities. Our squad is so small there is not much room for change.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    thanks estar...i forgot everyone can see my birthday.

a new manager would be a nice present.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The best of luck to you anyway.

It won't be easy though bringing in a new manager and maintaining your momentum. As you can gather, I have strong reservations about Keely. Despite his profession of deep unlying love for your club, it doesn't seem as though he agonised very long over the decision.
    In 1977

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    St Patrick’s Athletic’s reserve netminder James Gallagher was linked with a move to Derry recently, but it is not known whether Keely has been in touch with the player. Another possible move could be for former Bohemians netminder Wayne Russell, who has maintained a high level of performance in the First Division with Waterford United and Keely’s former club Kildare County over the past 18 months.

If Wayne goes it spells big T-R-O-U-B-L-E

He lives in New Ross I think, it's alot of traveling to Derry which might keep him at County. Did he get book on Saturday?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Cant see Wayne going all the way up there. He is 35 now and if he lives in wexford as you say then there is no way he will transfer.

He did get booked saturday. He kicked the ball at the hoardings in frustration at our ****e defending.