Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,271 Posts
    Turn Off Your Caps!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Funnily enough only heard this now. Straight from the horses mouth (as of 33 mins)

http://playbackmedia.co.uk/open-all-rs-archive/ then choose Kevin Gallen - Still Magic
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist thinks it will change; the realist adjusts the sails.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    This is a bump that I would be proud of.

http://www.indyrs.co.uk/2009/11/inte...llen-part-one/

PF: QPR Meath would like to know what the story was with you and the Republic of Ireland ? He says that a lot of people there believe that you only wanted to play for the Republic when you knew that you weren’t good enough for England. Not him personally, but he adds that if you mention to anyone there that you support QPR they tell that story.

KG: To be honest, when I was young I was never asked to play for Ireland. No one ever contacted me from the FAI. They changed the rule about five years ago, wasn’t it Tim Cahill who got it changed ? I think he played for Western Samoa and Australia ? So some people I knew on the Irish Post wrote a letter to Brian Kerr and I signed it, so it was from me, asking him if he would consider me playing for Ireland. He then wrote back thanking me for the letter and invited me over to Ireland, or he could come and see me when he was over in London and we would have a chat. I was then going over to Ireland in the summer to get married. I spoke to his secretary and told them that I’m over in Ireland on the Wednesday and could I meet Brian Kerr, here’s my number but I never got a reply.

A lot of people have asked me that question, thousands of people, mostly all my family (laughter). My two brothers played for the Republic, one for the U21’s and the other for the U18’s, but I never really got asked. It only got brought up at my first England U21 game in Dublin and that’s when the Irish Press all wanted to interview me. I told them the whole story and it was on the back pages of every newspaper on the day we played Ireland and I was very shocked. I got absolute pelters in Dublin, I was called this, that, which made me chuckle but it wasn’t very nice for my mum and dad who were in the crowd. My uncle was there wearing an Irish scarf, but no regrets because when I was a kid all I wanted to do was play for QPR. If someone said to me, ‘Who would you rather play for next week, QPR or England, I would say QPR and that’s the truth.
    Last edited by TheOneWhoKnocks; 29/10/2014 at 12:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    If someone could find this interview I would be very thankful.

https://twitter.com/irlsport/status/607331599835897856
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist thinks it will change; the realist adjusts the sails.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    There was this one in the Irish Post a few weeks ago: http://www.irishpost.co.uk/sport/gal...never-happened

Might be of interest.

I don't think the Irish Sun piece is online but, as you might see there, a Twitter user tweeted to ask for a link and Cathal Dervin (also of the Irish Sun) asked them to message him their email address. Do you have Twitter? I'll message him if you like.

7. Thanks From:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12