Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Ronaldo the best in the world?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts
    There's only one way to reslove who the better player is between Zidane & Ronaldo....a keep up contest

Zidane was a great player, as was Pele, as was Maradonna, as was Paul McStay (had to put that in there) but Ronaldo is a great player right now & is argubly the best footballer in the world right now...whatever about Messi & Kaka, Zidane isn't even relevant to this argument
    You show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser - Vince Lombardi

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    As there seems to be Zidane and Ronaldo comparisons I'll just ask, would Ronaldo be the same player if he hadn't the pace he has. Zidane didn't have pace and usually beat his man with his football abilities. Just a thought.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i think if ronaldinho or henry scored 37 goals this season ye would all say there the best in the world

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by feo123 View Post
    i think if ronaldinho or henry scored 37 goals this season ye would all say there the best in the world
    and yet when someone mentioned huntelaar scoring 30 odd goals - hes not the best in the world...just cos u score loadsa goals doesn't make you the best player in the world - i personally wouldnt even put ronaldo in the top 10 players in the premiership, let alone the world...
    and we will all see why, in the next few weeks against arsenal, chelsea and in the champs league semis when he goes hiding as usual..

International Prospect DmanDmythDledge's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadend View Post
    As there seems to be Zidane and Ronaldo comparisons I'll just ask, would Ronaldo be the same player if he hadn't the pace he has. Zidane didn't have pace and usually beat his man with his football abilities. Just a thought.
    You can't make that comparison between the two because of the different positions they play.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cartman View Post
    and yet when someone mentioned huntelaar scoring 30 odd goals - hes not the best in the world...just cos u score loadsa goals doesn't make you the best player in the world

i did not say huntalaar was the best only because of his goal scoring look at my post, he has set up countless goals, when the team go behind he is the player that picks up the team and lifts them until they get the win. for example holland playing their friendly two weeks ago were 3 goals down huntalaar scored twice and they won 4-3. he adds so much to a team and for his age is a great leader an inspiration to the team

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    And a good point at that.. Well said...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangball View Post
    There's only one way to reslove who the better player is between Zidane & Ronaldo....a keep up contest

Zidane was a great player, as was Pele, as was Maradonna, as was Paul McStay (had to put that in there) but Ronaldo is a great player right now & is argubly the best footballer in the world right now...whatever about Messi & Kaka, Zidane isn't even relevant to this argument
    Very true. Zidane has left this thread...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    so you are saying ronaldo has no footballing abilities other than his pace ... would have to disagree on that ronaldo is also better in the air than zidane was ... only time will prove if ronaldo can keep improving over the years

" football is a simple game "

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    [QUOTE=old git;916769]so you are saying ronaldo has no footballing abilities other than his pace ... would have to disagree on that ronaldo is also better in the air than zidane was ... only time will prove if ronaldo can keep improving .. i personally though zidane was very overatted at times and at the moment ronaldo is also overated a good player in a good/ great team playing in a hyped up so called greatest league in the world .. : :ball

" football is a simple game "

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by old git View Post
    so you are saying ronaldo has no footballing abilities other than his pace ... would have to disagree on that ronaldo is also better in the air than zidane was ... only time will prove if ronaldo can keep improving over the years
    Messi's 4 yeas younger and already better IMO

And Zidane was brilliant in the air too. Scored more headers in world cup finals thatn anyone

Probably
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Messi's 4 yeas younger and already better IMO

And Zidane was brilliant in the air too. Scored more headers in world cup finals thatn anyone

Probably
    That's a good shout Dodge. Seem to remember a certain cup final a few years ago where he score one. Zidane, as much as I hate him, was one of the best players of his generation along with Roy Keane.
    The really strange thing is and I know its off topic, Zizu and Dugarry nearly signed for Blackburn that time often makes me wonder?
    Barca 2 vs manchester 0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shanman2 View Post
    That's a good shout Dodge. Seem to remember a certain cup final a few years ago where he score one. Zidane, as much as I hate him, was one of the best players of his generation along with Roy Keane.
    The really strange thing is and I know its off topic, Zizu and Dugarry nearly signed for Blackburn that time often makes me wonder?
    Roy Keane had a handshake agreement with Kenny Dalglish to join Blackburn as well, so their team could have had a midfield partnership of Keane and Zidane, with Dugarry and Shearer up front

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus View Post
    Roy Keane had a handshake agreement with Kenny Dalglish to join Blackburn as well, so their team could have had a midfield partnership of Keane and Zidane, with Dugarry and Shearer up front
    Ya I remember that. Christ they would have dominated for years if they had to have gotten them. Wasn't it Hodgson who tried to sign the two lads?
    Barca 2 vs manchester 0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pike B View Post
    What are you possibly basing that on man? Zidane's control, and first touch, were incredible, the best I ever saw, not to mention the fact that he NEVER lost the ball!! (Watch any game, he was almost never dispossesed) he scored penalties, free kicks , headers, left and right foot finishes, won the World Cup, Euro Championships, Champions league, three World Player of the year awards, The Ballon D' Or, the Italian and Spanish League titles and is one of only three players (Pele being another,) to score in two World Cup Finals. He scored the greatest ever goal in a Champions League final and was beyond anything I've ever seen in my life as a player. I am 26. Pele and Maradona have both called him the greatest player of his generation, and he is a GOD in France. The truly great players do it on the biggest possible stage. What did Henry and Ronaldinho do in the Champions league final a few years ago?? Nothing.. When France and his clubs needed him, Zizou delivered. The mark of a true great. The World cup thing with Materazzi was a minor blot on an amazing career. Football is worse for his being gone..
    Ronaldo has mount everest of achievement in front of him to be anywhere near Zizou. And I won't hear anyone tell me otherwise.
    I'll second that.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by old git View Post
    No, but I'm just throwing it out there as to whether he would be as good if he didn't have the lightning pace he does. Oh and Zidane overated? You'r having a laugh right?
    Last edited by Roadend; 09/04/2008 at 2:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lads, did anyone tell you that Zidane is no longer playing. Neither is Maradona, Eusebio, Tomas Hassler, and I heard Pele packed it in recently to promote some product to help some vital part of the anatomy. So the question was is Ronaldo the best at the moment?
    Why is he being compared to Zidane and the likes?
    And I do think he is better than Messi.....at the moment, this season, currently.
    Esse Quam Videri

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I'll second that.
    Wise man... Very wise. You have my respect..

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Denis The Red View Post
    Lads, did anyone tell you that Zidane is no longer playing. Neither is Maradona, Eusebio, Tomas Hassler, and I heard Pele packed it in recently to promote some product to help some vital part of the anatomy. So the question was is Ronaldo the best at the moment?
    Why is he being compared to Zidane and the likes?
    And I do think he is better than Messi.....at the moment, this season, currently.
    Ooooooohh excuse us!! Ya at the moment he is...There I said it..You happy??

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Messi and Kaka have so far both shown more natural ability IMO. Ronaldo has probably been the best in the world this season but he doesn't have the ability to really control a game like Kaka has in the past (admittedly Pirlo helped Kaka a lot in this respect).

Zidane is unimportant in the debate as to whether Ronaldo is the best in the world at the moment but no matter how many stats and games you talk about it's impossible to say whether someone is overrated or underrated or not.
    My concerns are global. I reject absolutely revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method, is love. I love you Sheriff Truman.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast