Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eric Lavine to Derry rumours

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Eric Lavine to Derry rumours

Rumours around town at the weekend was that Lavine is set for Derry... Now there are varying reports later so I'm not sure was the state of play is...
    Reporter: "Gordan, can we have a quick word?"
    Strachan:"Velocity"

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Hopefully so, and just get as much as possible.... obv we're not going to anything near the €40k talked about preseason, but anything over €10k I'd take it....
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Macy
    Hopefully so, and just get as much as possible.... obv we're not going to anything near the €40k talked about preseason, but anything over €10k I'd take it....
    another element to the supposed deal is a player + cash deal... and the player is not Ciaran Martyn...

another source is saying he's not gone... and a third looked suspicious but it's wait and see...

€10,000 would be great...

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    i hope he stays and does the business, if he is in the right state of mind and fit there is no stopping him, i want to see lavine 9 for the rest of the season and shane up beisde him
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Well apparently Waterford and Portadown have an interest in him aswell
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    yeah there was also romours at the shels match that avery is going, dont know to who do. I have been keeping my thoughts to myself about matthews but im just starting to loose patience. is this what he does when he is managing a team with a player thats a little hard to handle. every club has a tempermental player like eric and you dont see them up for sale. i say Eric deserves another chance to proove himself. afterall he has been coming down to longford to train for the last two weeks so he is obviously making attempt. anyone agree.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    well from wat i hear Eric is not the only one that has problems with matthews but he is the only one who doesnt hide it! Heard a while ago that Avery was gone but heard it was definate today, seemly he went back to Trinidad.
    Ever get the feelin' you have been cheated?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Whats gone wrong? Is Matthews really so hard to get on with? Eric is a class player, but its time he stopped feeling sorry for himself, and proved he's worthy to play for the town. We dont want this to overshadow the team performance!

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Avril has a track record of doing this.... Do people forget how he came to us in the first place? What he's doing to us now, is exactly what he did to Galway and O'Riordan to join us.... He acts like a spoilt little child, and he hasn't consistently done it for Town for getting on for a year now.....

Also how can Matthews get the blame for Avery John being more interested in booze and birds than De Town?

I'm still confident that we can pull away from our current position, so I'm not going to start panicing yet - the league is so close still that a couple of wins and we'll pull away....

My only problem with Matthews is that he continues to play that absolute waster Sheridan.....

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up

agreed, the pair of wasters can waste someone else's money... there are three clubs in for Lavine and if we raise a few bob of the back of a Troublemaker then fine... take the money and run...

Eric Lavine has gone through three seasons with Longford. In that time there has been stories of him missing training/ training with Mervue craic that I'm not interested in... If he gave 100% like alot of players then we would have a great asset, the guy is too petulant and self motivated, we're a better club than that... I'm thinking all he ever done was when he was arsed doing it...
    We'll get honest men in the Red N Black and as long as we have that quality we'll do fine...

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    I forgot to add, that I have no doubts that he'll produce the goods for whoever he signs for, and they'll people around Town that will be saying he never should've been sold.... Come back in 12-18 months time and then see whether he's still putting in the effort for whoever....

martinho

Levine

I heard from a reliable source that Levine was talking in the stand to Gary Murph and Tom Silke and the lads ****ed off on him a few minutes later -obviously tired of his whinging. I was speaking to Cas and he didnot deny about the bad spirit in the camp. Was it really worth it to go abroad on the training camp after what has happened?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Just wondering who payed for this training camp. Heard the players contributed themselfs, but what did the club contribute?
    Was anything extra done that couldn't be done at home?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If by Cas you mean Cassin, I couldn't give a fook what he says... I don't really expect a 17 year old to give it straight and reasonable... I'd have to question his motives... He is too big mouthed and not 'man' enough to get on with the job, they're part-time footballers not Beckhams... but some seem yto think they're a cut above the mustard... Eric and Avery being two of them... Now Cassin can join them on his €80 a week Fás course if he feels like they do, because if anything he appears to be taking the same road... Brian Byrne, Stephen O'Brien, Barry, Vinny, Tom Silke, Paddy Mul, Keogh, McGovern won't act all wimpish and be men and get on with the job at hand... fooking pansies who let personnal issues get in the way... it's fooking men we want at this club, not pansies and let the babies with their honey dipped dummies get the fook out of the club and stop draining the resources of the club...

We finished fifth last year, only four sides finished above us, what the fook do we want... champions league footie?? I'm behind Matthews, as Macy said we're only a couple of wins of the pace, why panic?

Alot of people in Longford don't like Alan Matthews because he's not Stephen Kenny... We'll see what happens Kenny...

The trip abroad wasn't strictly a training camp, it was funded by the players, nobody could be stopped from going and it was to be about team building as much as anything else, note Eric and Avery weren't on it... couldn't go because they had personnal reasons, not because they were stopped...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Post Derry, Longford in Lavine stand-off

Derry, Longford in Lavine stand-off

Derry City and Longford Town, at the centre of a transfer saga involving Town striker Eric Lavine for the past five months, are locked in a stand-off over a new move for the player.

Lavine was dropped from the Longford squad for the meeting with league leaders Shelbourne on Tuesday night, sparking a frenzy of interest from around the league on Wednesday.

Derry City, another unnamed eircom League side believed to be Waterford United, and Irish League outfit Portadown have all signaled their interest in the player, but the Foylesiders remain the favourites to finally land his signature after months of talks.

But the managers of the respective clubs are standing their ground when it comes to lodging a bid for the player, with Town supremo Matthews seeking formal bids and Derry’s Kevin Mahon wanting Longford to name their price for the Barbados star.

"If Longford give us the numbers, we will make a bid. I asked how much they wanted and they wouldn’t tell me," said Mahon, while Matthews responded: "Derry City made an enquiry earlier in the week, but no-one has made an actual bid yet."

Lavine was recalled to the Longford squad for Friday night’s visit to Turners Cross to meet Cork City, when he was introduced at half-time but could little to prevent his side falling to a 4-1 defeat.

www.eleven-a-side.com
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    It says on eleven-a-side.com that lavine has sorted out his differences with alan mathhews
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Nice negogiating ploy by Longford, so Derry SHOW US THE MONEY

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    we'll know tonight, one way or the other...

maybe not... play Lavine, he scores a hat-trick whilst showing his wares to Mahon

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    someone told me that francis, lavine and barrett were in town saturday night and this person was talking to lavine and he said that himself and matthews had a chat and it was all sorted out and hes staying.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    By all accounts, Lavine and Francis seamed to have hit it off last night... Barrett and Murphy have to be considered to... If all is sorted out and the lads act like men we'll be fine...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast