0 Posts
    Ye won !!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus View Post
    So what happened fellas?

Great Game Jebus. Limerick played some great football. Wille Bruton scored after 2 minutes. Poor defending left Longford score from a corner after 10 minutes. Fogarty then put Limerick ahead just before half-time.

Second half took a while to get going but Limerick defend well once Longford pilled on the presure near the end. Good win. Bring on Waaaaaerford
    For all the latest League of Ireland news visit www.extratime.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Its the first time I'd seen the blues this season and to be honest I was really impressed by this performance. Mike seems to have them playing a very attractive style of football, we didn't have a very big side out tonight so it was nice to see the ball on the floor, even though conditions were not not great tonight. If Longford as one of the so called fav's to go up this year then they are a long way short IMO, we on the otherhand are a very young side who seem to have no fear and can only get better, a lot of these players are only finding their feet at this grade so if tonight was anything to go by then we will be ok. Hopefully we can get our experienced players back fit soon ie. Paddy and Derek, thought Tommy and Wayne were best tonight, although all played well. Great result tonight.............C'MON U BLUES

BTW: Heard from a very reliable source that Keith Hartnett should be on his way back to us when the window opens again. I know that there are a lot of people on here that sit on both sides of the fence with regard to Keith, but if he can improve us (which I think he can) then he should be a very welcome addition to L37, he has worked under both Mike and Trevor before so they know all about him. As soon as the Junior is over and probable couple of extra Junior Caps with that, hopefully he will come back to helping to blues once again.............
    Unity is Power, Power if shared is Strength, Limerick 37 serving the Community of Limerick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    We played very well and Colbert was immense. We had about 8 good chances whereas they only really troubled us from set pieces

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    couldn't agree more,good performance,unbeaten at home,jackman becoming a fortress?a good run now could set us up nicely for the season,come on the super blues

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    well done the Super Blues! Great match last night,very entertaining football been played by L37.Wayne is turning into a classy midfielder, shows what ski knew about his players when he never played wayne in his best position.White just picked up from where he left off last season.
    dissapointed in the size of the crowd though.thought the shed was never so full yet there was less than the wexford attendance? great athmosphere from all of ye .
    If they can play like that on a regular basis we might have a good season yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Post match 'celebrations' has left this fish with a very patchy memory at the mo, one thing that still stands out though was that the first half flew by it was that entertaining.
    Oh and leo's racing silks, how could I forget that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Gifted ye the win. Terrible defending.
    Roddy Collins, the biggest <insert as appropiate> in Irish Football.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieB View Post
    Gifted ye the win. Terrible defending.
    Terrible team by all accounts, enjoy the next few seasons in the First Division

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    I will indeed looking forward to my next visit to Jackman Park and its tropical surroundings.
    Roddy Collins, the biggest <insert as appropiate> in Irish Football.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    I will indeed looking forward to my next visit to Jackman Park and its tropical surroundings.
    You should have seen our last place.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Westside View Post
    Its the first time I'd seen the blues this season and to be honest I was really impressed by this performance. Mike seems to have them playing a very attractive style of football, we didn't have a very big side out tonight so it was nice to see the ball on the floor, even though conditions were not not great tonight. If Longford as one of the so called fav's to go up this year then they are a long way short IMO, we on the otherhand are a very young side who seem to have no fear and can only get better, a lot of these players are only finding their feet at this grade so if tonight was anything to go by then we will be ok. Hopefully we can get our experienced players back fit soon ie. Paddy and Derek, thought Tommy and Wayne were best tonight, although all played well. Great result tonight.............C'MON U BLUES

BTW: Heard from a very reliable source that Keith Hartnett should be on his way back to us when the window opens again. I know that there are a lot of people on here that sit on both sides of the fence with regard to Keith, but if he can improve us (which I think he can) then he should be a very welcome addition to L37, he has worked under both Mike and Trevor before so they know all about him. As soon as the Junior is over and probable couple of extra Junior Caps with that, hopefully he will come back to helping to blues once again.............

i think he is over rated, he was there before and wasnt good enough, i dont think there has been a massive improvement in him either, give me wayne colbert and tommy barrett over him any day.

what was the team last night?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Westside View Post

BTW: Heard from a very reliable source that Keith Hartnett should be on his way back to us when the window opens again.
    once again.............
    Not being smart so dont take this the wrong way but I think we should leave the 'reliable source' newscasts to the lads on the junior forum. Its not like anyone rates the lad anymore anyway, he tried before and was not up to it.
    Not having a go, just so you know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Terrible defending.
    Terrible team Ronnie, terrible team.

Actually outclassed and got exactly what you deserved - nada

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Smile

good win,longford had more of the ball but did nothing with it.we looked very pacy on the break,very impressed with bruton and treacy.weather aside enjoyed the night.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    hartnett has improved hugely since he last played with limerick i think he would be a good signing

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Worth the win the other night. Played very well in spells and Peter White's return added a little shape to the right side.

On other topics Keith Harnett is surely worth a squad place compared to some of the dross still floating around? That said after the will he/won't he shenanigans of the last year or two with him I wouldn't be bending over backwards to accomodate him either.

And finally to crib about some minutae.

The PA was a bit cwap the other night. Who are Fingal County when they're at home? We played Sporting Fingal last week, surely it's not too much to get the names of teams correct? We've all raised eyebrows when we've been wrongly labeled in other grounds. Also Willie Bruton is distinctive enough in this team that getting him confused with Padraig Fogarty is a bit needless too for anybody who's actually watching the game.

Also out a fixture list back into the programme if possible. That is all.

PS) Anybody else see Danny Drew's name pop up in the 'Kildare County to organise game against Leeds United XI for Davey Langan' story? The man is itching to sneak back into the game.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by see's it View Post
    hartnett has improved hugely since he last played with limerick i think he would be a good signing

17 goals for Pike, junior International, a terrible addition to L37 surely we dont want his sort
    LTID

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    About the Longford match, absolutely delighted with a thoroughly deserved win. Definitely a major step forward from the previous matches, they seem to be getting to know where each other are. Some of it was reminiscent of last years U21s, they way they used to break forward at speed which was a joy to watch. And they're taking shots from more than 3 yards out

We were poor at Monaghan but still did enough to deserve a point, terrible against Wexford, didnt deserve to win, and unlucky not to get a point at Sporting Fingal where we were at least as good as them. On balance, 3 points form those games was fair enough, but after Friday I've really got some hope for the first time this season that we won't completely embarrass ourselves, maybe even be able to challenge for another 4th spot finish or better!!

We defended very well, especilly high up the pitch, closing down and not letting them clear out of their half. Peter White immediately reminded me of why he became a favourite last year, he was right up to speed immediately, challenging for and winning every 50-50 ball that came near him, and with some skill and intelligence as well. With Purcell and McCarthy yet to feature, things are looking a lot brighter
    LTID

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast