Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Irish cup semi on saturday

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Irish cup semi on saturday

looking forward to heading up and watching the reds beat that linfield crowd
    anyone else heading it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Think I might pop in for a wee look.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CvilleRovers View Post
    looking forward to heading up and watching the reds beat that linfield crowd
    anyone else heading it?
    I 'll take a look as well,always wanted to watch a match from the big stand at the oval,should be a good atmoshere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    how have the linfield tickets been selling do you know?
    really dissapointed with the time change as i know 99% of fans of the reds and linfield are too, i fear the crowd could be hit badly by the new time unfortunatly.really poor call by the ifa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    how have the linfield tickets been selling do you know?
    really dissapointed with the time change as i know 99% of fans of the reds and linfield are too, i fear the crowd could be hit badly by the new time unfortunatly.really poor call by the ifa
    It was supposedly on police and H&S instruction that responsible for the early KO, i don't think it will hit the crowd too badly,where i live i know a lot of bluemen and although some would also follow rangers the vast majority would be Linfield through and through.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    The restrictions were always gonna hit Cliftonville harder than the Blues. Still a shame this happened though. It was going to be a massive match and now they have moved the kick off its kind of reduced its attraction.
    Linfield Football Club - Hatchets & Hammers - You Can Only Envy Us

A Blue 52

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Was round at Solitude there buying my ticket its a shame about the time getting changed hopefully it won't affect the atmosphere too much! all I can say is f**k the old firm

just checked the weather there it looks like it will be raining tomorrow so I'm glad I forked out the extra few quid for the Railway stand ticket!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SolitudeRed View Post
    Was round at Solitude there buying my ticket its a shame about the time getting changed hopefully it won't affect the atmosphere too much! all I can say is f**k the old firm

just checked the weather there it looks like it will be raining tomorrow so I'm glad I forked out the extra few quid for the Railway stand ticket!
    to rain is it feck that, ah well sure once theres a reds victory i dont really care how drenched i get

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    to rain is it feck that, ah well sure once theres a reds victory i dont really care how drenched i get

Well hopefully your right about about the result!! Is there many Rovers boys coming up for this match then?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Linfield beat Cliftonville 2-1. Under 21 International Mulgrew opened the scoring for the Blues and full International Thompson scored the second. Kieran O'Connor made it 2-1 in the second half with a defelcted shot.

In the other semi-final Coleraine and Donegal Celtic drew 1-1. Replay to be played on Tuesday. The winner of this game will be in the Setanta Cup 2009.
    Linfield Football Club - Hatchets & Hammers - You Can Only Envy Us

A Blue 52

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    2-1 to Linfield it finished the Cliftonville players looked knackered by the end of the game and it has been a long hard season for them thus far the win for Linfield was a fair result in the end IMO.

However the match has been overshadowed when it was revealed after the match that a bullet and death threat were sent to Cliftonville manager Eddie Patterson during the week. On top of this violence after the match in the city centre has left on man critically ill in hospital after he had been stabbed in the neck, It has been widely reported in the press that the violence started when a group of Linfield fans attacked a bar filled with Celtic/Cliftonville fans. A Dark day indeed for the Irish League

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7320852.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7320637.stm
    Last edited by SolitudeRed; 30/03/2008 at 5:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SolitudeRed View Post
    2-1 to Linfield it finished the Cliftonville players looked knackered by the end of the game and it has been a long hard season for them thus far the win for Linfield was a fair result in the end IMO.

However the match has been overshadowed when it was revealed after the match that a bullet and death threat were sent to Cliftonville manager Eddie Patterson during the week. On top of this violence after the match in the city centre has left on man critically ill in hospital after he had been stabbed in the neck, It has been widely reported in the press that the violence started when a group of Linfield fans attacked a bar filled with Celtic/Cliftonville fans. A Dark day indeed for the Irish League
    Not sure how the league can be held responsible for the actions of some goons who may or may not claim to support one of it's teams.
    I'm what? I'm ants at a picnic?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    reds unlucky not to get a replay
    2 stupid goals in first half from set pieces

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paudie View Post
    Not sure how the league can be held responsible for the actions of some goons who may or may not claim to support one of it's teams.
    Doesn't matter, in today's culture the blame will always be apportioned whether fair or not. Incidents like this could kill an AIL before it starts......
    Tifo poles, sausage rolls and a few goals.

The Brandy Blogs, back and blogging the 2010 season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maribor View Post
    Doesn't matter, in today's culture the blame will always be apportioned whether fair or not. Incidents like this could kill an AIL before it starts......
    Police are now stating that there is no suggestion that Linfield supporters were involved.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Police are now stating that there is no suggestion that Linfield supporters were involved.
    Lets hope that rag Sunday World print a retraction. What a hateful bunch. Also the Sunday Lies should also print a huge apology, but we all know that wont happen.
    The Hallion Battalion Molests football.:D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    David, with all due respect, that is not exactly what they stated. They were not suggesting it, not that there was "no suggestion."

I, like all IL hope there is no link but there are many people who were on the ground on Saturday who are still adamant about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Bruce View Post
    Lets hope that rag Sunday World print a retraction. What a hateful bunch. Also the Sunday Lies should also print a huge apology, but we all know that wont happen.
    What bits do you think the Sunday World or the other papers should retract? It was typical sensationalising tabloid reports but I'm not sure which bits they are not allowed to print?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Parker View Post
    What bits do you think the Sunday World or the other papers should retract? It was typical sensationalising tabloid reports but I'm not sure which bits they are not allowed to print?
    The opening to the article 'Fenian hating Linfield supporters'

That one line on it's own should be retracted and their should be a full apology to go with it.
    The Hallion Battalion Molests football.:D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Parker View Post
    Let me just say that i was shocked and saddened by saturdays events,whether or not the culprits were in linfield colours these people have nothing to give to our society,the important thing now is that the injured guy makes a speedy recovery.Hopefully when these people are brought to justice the football club i support and who have done more than any other club on this island to stamp out the evil that is sectarianism will have their good name and that of the best fans in Ireland restored.When i went to the newsagents on sunday morning i was seething at the headlines in the sunday world,i have never seen such a shocking piece of journalism in my life.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast