Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: John Rooney

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    No, Andy isn't. I think he might have turned out once for the England U-21's after being told it wouldn't affect his chances of playing for Ireland. I know for a fact he's been over to Cork tracing his roots, and looking to buy land here.
    He was a decent player when we needed someone to partner Cunningham and I've no problem with him whatsoever.
    Give me a break, if it wasn't a career move then why did he retire at 28? and don't say it was because he was treated badly by Stan, Stan wasn't even manager when he retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greendeiseboy View Post
    she also spoke about wayne and made the comment that he was english on the outside but very much irish on the inside
    Thank god for that - the outside is not exactly a physiological credit to the nation.
    That question was less stupid, though you asked it in a profoundly stupid way.

Help me, Arthur Murphy, you're my only hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge
    I bow to no one. bar Bluebeard and Mr A

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebeard View Post
    Thank god for that - the outside is not exactly a physiological credit to the nation.
    Ah come on boi!! if ever i saw a kilbarry head he has one (if you know what i mean)
    I have a head only Snow White would love

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greendeiseboy View Post
    Ah come on boi!! if ever i saw a kilbarry head he has one (if you know what i mean)
    Shh, we've been trying to keep them under wraps until "The Kilbarry Experiment" is complete.
    That question was less stupid, though you asked it in a profoundly stupid way.

Help me, Arthur Murphy, you're my only hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge
    I bow to no one. bar Bluebeard and Mr A

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Have been told by some London Irish I know Martin Keown was practically ostracised by some members of his family when he threw his lot in with them!

FORMERLY: Youwerethereray Traps Cat's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Gary Linekers long lost brother "Mickey" has declared for us too. He's currently playing for "The Dog and Duck" in the South Stockport premier league.
    "The cat is in it, but it's open - and it's a wild cat"

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    The lad has just broken into the first team at 17 so ya never know he could turn out to be a decent player.
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Youwerethereray View Post
    Gary Linekers long lost brother "Mickey" has declared for us too. He's currently playing for "The Dog and Duck" in the South Stockport premier league.
    Disney... Superb...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    any links or sources to this story?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kennedmc View Post
    any links or sources to this story?
    I can confirm that no Gary Linekers brother Mickey is not Irish..

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
    Give me a break, if it wasn't a career move then why did he retire at 28? and don't say it was because he was treated badly by Stan, Stan wasn't even manager when he retired

Hard to argue with that i suppose... The whole england representation though.. Did he actually represent England or was it his performance of an English League U21 Select in some matches against an italian seria B equivelant when he was at Bradford???
    I pity the fool!.... But suggest ways that he might improve himself.

www.thefastleague.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumcondra 69er View Post
    Good article.

Anyone remember Dermot O'Leary on Fantasy Football when Rooney was doing the biz for England in Euro 2000? Baddiel and Skinner were being their usual irritating selves and asked him how he thought 'we'd' do? O'Leary asked them if they meant England before saying he was Irish, not English and hoped they'd get knocked out as soon as possible. They then started crapping on about Rooney so he started winding them up about how he was Irish and all, was great stuff!!
    I remember that, Al Murray (the pub landlord from Time Gentlemen Please) was on it as well. Skinner asked Dermot O'Leary what did he think of the results so far, and O'Leary replied he didn't support England, he supported Ireland. Skinner nearly turned white, and Murray said something like "Dermot O'LEARY, there's a clue there". Classic.
    Made Brian McFadden look even more of a tool when he was on it a few days later and said he was supporting England.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    I remember that, Al Murray (the pub landlord from Time Gentlemen Please) was on it as well. Skinner asked Dermot O'Leary what did he think of the results so far, and O'Leary replied he didn't support England, he supported Ireland. Skinner nearly turned white, and Murray said something like "Dermot O'LEARY, there's a clue there". Classic.
    Made Brian McFadden look even more of a tool when he was on it a few days later and said he was supporting England.
    Sh1t, remember that now, am I imagining it of did he have an England jersey on as well that night? The red one? Or am I thinking of that sap Ray Shah who wore one for half the summer on Big Brother and got rightly slated for it?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well, its a joke now officially. At least Andy Townsend and Mark Lawrenson grew up in the Irish clubs in Dulwich and Preston. The Rooneys don't even know where Ireland is and when one brother declares for the country out of the blue its just cynical self-promotion. F*** Off scumbag. You and your whingey brother both.
    RA: "Tell you what, I know the lad's got a nudge early doors, but big Heskey's gone down like Buddy Holly there."

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Santry_Goonshow View Post
    Well, its a joke now officially. At least Andy Townsend and Mark Lawrenson grew up in the Irish clubs in Dulwich and Preston. The Rooneys don't even know where Ireland is and when one brother declares for the country out of the blue its just cynical self-promotion. F*** Off scumbag. You and your whingey brother both.
    They were raised in a very Irish area of Liverpool so I pretty sure they know where Ireland is
    Its really not that complicated!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    You any idea where in Liverpool they're from????

Agree that Wayne's choice of country shows where their loyalties lie alright but Andy Townsend is on record as saying he was gutted after Stuttgart and was up for England in that game 100%.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumcondra 69er View Post
    Sh1t, remember that now, am I imagining it of did he have an England jersey on as well that night? The red one? Or am I thinking of that sap Ray Shah who wore one for half the summer on Big Brother and got rightly slated for it?
    I don't think McFadden wore an England jersey, but I could be wrong. He said he supported England because his then wife is English and he lived in London.
    Shah wore a red t-shirt with a St George's Cross on it in Big Brother alright.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anto1208 View Post
    The FAI where alerted to Rooney Sr but as usual didnt bother there arse getting him to declare.
    Yes if there's one thing we are famous for in Ireland it's our tardiness in getting English born people to declare for us!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Not too impressed with this. Surely he dosent qualify anyway, if its only his grandmothers people that are from Derry?
    I'm second generation Irish myself, but to be honest, i find it a bit embarassing when people try to 'claim' Rooney, Keown and thier like as one of our own.
    Each to thier own, in my opinion. I'm extremely proud to call myself Irish but i've met other people who have similar parentage to myself and arent particulary bothered.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    What a load of shiiite. I think its a credit to young Rooney that he'd even consider declaring for us at 16 or 17. If he was 22 or 23 and whingeing about not getting an england cap it would be different.
    By the way, if you looked at Andy Townsend a few weeks ago on Setantas champions league coverage you'd be in no doubt as to where he considers himself from (he was great for Ireland and I never doubted his loyalty to the team by the way). He kept on talking about 'our clubs' being in the last 4. I thought Pat Dolan was going to hit him.
    "I just came in to buy a stamp"-Padraig Pearse, April 24th 1916

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast