Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Playing Italy in the World Cup Campaign

Lost in Giovanni Trappatoni's Tactics Board
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    Dont forget the Scots pushed them all the way in the last Euro Qualifiers and I think we have better players than Scotland. Im not trying to dismiss Italy and say they are a poor team.I just dont think they are anything to be afraid of either if we perform to our potential
    agree - they are quality - but not a patch on the WC winning side - we can give them a serious challenge provide we have the right team and tactics

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by back of the net View Post
    agree - they are quality - but not a patch on the WC winning side - we can give them a serious challenge provide we have the right team and tactics
    I remember before the last campaign we were saying the same about Germany and the Czechs but we only got 2 points from a possible 12. The two points we got were at home when it was obvious that the away team was happy with a point. However, we didn't have the right team and tactics for 2 maybe even 3 of those games. Hopefully Andy Reid will be available for all 4 games against the top two seeds and S. Reid won't be played on the right again. I pray that our defence can stay awake for a full 90 mins too and no more silly substitutions or including players that are not playing regular football.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Praha View Post
    I remember before the last campaign we were saying the same about Germany and the Czechs but we only got 2 points from a possible 12. The two points we got were at home when it was obvious that the away team was happy with a point. However, we didn't have the right team and tactics for 2 maybe even 3 of those games. Hopefully Andy Reid will be available for all 4 games against the top two seeds and S. Reid won't be played on the right again. I pray that our defence can stay awake for a full 90 mins too and no more silly substitutions or including players that are not playing regular football.

Well Im the optimist so

2 home wins and 2 away draws (Itay & Bulgaria) to put us in pole position to win the group! and I'll still be optimistic until the end of each game
    Fair Play died Nov 18th 2009, Stade Francais.

Lost in Giovanni Trappatoni's Tactics Board
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Praha View Post
    like i previously said IF WE HAVE THE RIGHT TEAM AND TACTICS - comparing previous czech and germany results is pointless -its a different management setup

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Despite saying that Italy aren't that good in another thread, they have a very good chance of winning Euro 2008 and I don't think that we have the players to compete with them over the whole course of the group. There just seem to be too many question marks about our own team at the moment. We can definitely beat Bulgaria to 2nd place but it's going to be very, very tough. There won't be any easy away games in this group.
    My concerns are global. I reject absolutely revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method, is love. I love you Sheriff Truman.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I don't think there are many here who think we can beat Italy over the course of the group as I think they will pick up more points that us, but I think we can frustrate them both home and away.
    In Trap we trust

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post

Sure, you can pick out Cam and Matrix as weak points but uh if either of them were on our squad they'd probably be competing with Dunne and Keane as being our best players to be honest.
    Have to completely disagree with that. Matterazi would make our starting line up only due to the fact we are extemely weak at centre half besides Dunne. He is nowhere near the same class as Dunne

And Cameronesi wouldn't make our starting 11. Id have Duff, McGeady and Hunt before him on the wings

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcD View Post
    I don't think there are many here who think we can beat Italy over the course of the group as I think they will pick up more points that us, but I think we can frustrate them both home and away.
    Agreed. TBH I'll be fairly happy if we get into the play-offs. To think we used to qualify for them all the time and now it seems like so long ago that we were in them.
    My concerns are global. I reject absolutely revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method, is love. I love you Sheriff Truman.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    and Cameronesi wouldn't make our starting 11. Id have Duff, McGeady and Hunt before him on the wings
    I'd have Camoranesi over them all in an instant. He's as combative and aggressive as Hunt with an awful lot more skill.

Anyway, every team in the world seems to be happy with a draw against us in Dublin unless they really have to win so I'd say we'll get that against Italy. Away from home though is a different story but a draw is possible.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    877 Posts
    [quote=Ciaran;906679]Well if we're not going to fear Italy, who exactly are we going to fear?

Why exactly do we have to fear anyone????
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12