Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Decent Crowd?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Decent Crowd?

I see Sporting Fingal attracted a crowd of over 1,200 to their first game against Athone, which they won 2-0. Wonder what the pitch was like. Any news of lights?
    Always look on the bright side of life

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts
    Pitch looked in good nick. Floodlights are up and must be operational as they are playing Limerick there on Good Friday evening.
    Celebrating 130 Years of Athlone Town Football Club - Pride of the Midlands Since 1887

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    I see Sporting Fingal attracted a crowd of over 1,200 to their first game against Athone, which they won 2-0. Wonder what the pitch was like. Any news of lights?
    I'd attribute the large crowd to the free entry.
    Interesting to see how many paing punters they get against Limerick and
    the following weeks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I'd attribute the large crowd to the free entry.
    Interesting to see how many paing punters they get against Limerick and
    the following weeks.
    I think it might drop a bit, but the amount of people that where there shows that there is the potential for sporting to attract fans. May not be that amount all the time but still a good start free admittance or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamper.sffc View Post
    I think it might drop a bit, but the amount of people that where there shows that there is the potential for sporting to attract fans. May not be that amount all the time but still a good start free admittance or not.
    Yep, I met some former Dublin City fans I know and they have taken up
    with Sporting Fingal now so I was glad to see that they still have a local club
    to keep interest.

Only annoying thing was the amount of little sh!ts throwing things down the
    main stand. Unfortunately we had the same sort of thing happening last year.
    But as soon as the price goes up it will probaby cut some of them out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Some little s**ts started a fire or lit toilet rolls across from where i was sitting. Couldnt quite see. if paying for tickets keeps that sort out then thats fine by me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Only annoying thing was the amount of little sh!ts throwing things down the
    main stand. Unfortunately we had the same sort of thing happening last year.
    But as soon as the price goes up it will probaby cut some of them out[/quote]

Nip that in the bud or it will become a regular event. Free entry or not, I wouldn't go along if that sh*t continues

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yup

The actual attendance was 1234. The main stand capacity 800 was full to the Gills and the south and east terraces had a smattering of spread out people making up the other 400.

I also saw the scallies throwning bog-roll and water bottles. The Stewards were in on them like a thunderstorm so no worries that we'll see them back.

The majority of the people i met were from Swords. A good few from Santry area were also there to take up 200 "neighbour" tickets. I'd love to do a survey to see if there were any former Dublin City fans or disgruntled Shelbourners present. I suspect there was.

This stuff about Sporting Fingal "overkilling" the LOI is pure unmitigated rubbish. That's just insecurity from small-minded little men in the orthodoxy who have no marketing plan and no football academy in the pipeline to supply the backbone of the team.
    RA: "Tell you what, I know the lad's got a nudge early doors, but big Heskey's gone down like Buddy Holly there."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hi Everyone, This is my first post, Just like to say as for the four little Sh*ts as they were rightly called were removed from the ground by myself and i have spoke to there schoolboy club this morning They will not be welcome back. other than that we had a good day except i must apologise to the Away fan for the lack of food and drink at there stand we had two sorted but one never showed this is also been delt with.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sporting Man View Post
    Hi Everyone, This is my first post, Just like to say as for the four little Sh*ts as they were rightly called were removed from the ground by myself and i have spoke to there schoolboy club this morning They will not be welcome back. other than that we had a good day except i must apologise to the Away fan for the lack of food and drink at there stand we had two sorted but one never showed this is also been delt with.
    Thanks for that. Is it true these sh!ts were making Racist comments on the Athlone centre-forward? They should be suspended from their local club if you have any influence. Also I wouldn't mind a bit of restorative justice, they should be forced to eat all the chips they threw at ppl!
    RA: "Tell you what, I know the lad's got a nudge early doors, but big Heskey's gone down like Buddy Holly there."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Did not get any reports of abuse. by the way gate 2 is the middle gate for away supports only, tickets can be baught on the night at gate 1 the clonliff gate is a VIP gate, we hope from here on in with less at the game that the far stand will be for home fans only.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Santry_Goonshow View Post
    The actual attendance was 1234. The main stand capacity 800 was full to the Gills and the south and east terraces had a smattering of spread out people making up the other 400.

I also saw the scallies throwning bog-roll and water bottles. The Stewards were in on them like a thunderstorm so no worries that we'll see them back.

The majority of the people i met were from Swords. A good few from Santry area were also there to take up 200 "neighbour" tickets. I'd love to do a survey to see if there were any former Dublin City fans or disgruntled Shelbourners present. I suspect there was.

This stuff about Sporting Fingal "overkilling" the LOI is pure unmitigated rubbish. That's just insecurity from small-minded little men in the orthodoxy who have no marketing plan and no football academy in the pipeline to supply the backbone of the team.
    I would say there were a lot more as all schoolboy/girl clubs got a free pass for the season to bring there teams no tickets needed, 12 Kinsealy boys fc did ballboys, Corduff and Rivervally under 9s played at half time all these and there pearents did not need tickets. 120 VIPs invited one ticket each from what i seen most had 4 to 5 people with them.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Did not get any reports of abuse. by the way gate 2 is the middle gate for away supports only, tickets can be baught on the night at gate 1 the clonliff gate is a VIP gate, we hope from here on in with less at the game that the far stand will be for home fans only.
    OK, so the main gate is gate1. And tickets can be purchased on the night. Please keep a tighter grip on the stwarding. Obviously everyone is learning this but its small things that remove the risk of bad behaviour:
    1. Keep Stewards stationed IN the crowd, especially towards the back of the main stand
    2. Segregate the players from the fans as they depart the pitch the fans are on the way out of the stadium.
    3. Arrange crowd barriers on gate 1 so one fan enters at a time not where we nearly walked past you on Sunday! Funnel shape is a classic!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    I was at the game and there was a good crowd and friendly atmosphere. Because it was a sunny afternoon and knew the lay out of the ground, I chose the to sit on the terracing facing the Stand. It was a good game of football and the choice of bananas and strawberries on offer was also refreshing.

There's plenty of room in the ground but only a limited covered area, while publicily a rule exists. I'm sure the LoI club will protect fans if they ask.

Thanks for having me, all the same.
    " I'll go right up to here,
    it can't possibly hurt.
    All they will find is my
    beer and my shirt."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Did not get any reports of abuse
    Thought I heard something coming from the back of the stand but I will watch the full match again before I comment.

Follow Us on Facebook and Twitter

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts
    I'm sorry, but you're hoping for less people at the game from here on in!?!
    Celebrating 130 Years of Athlone Town Football Club - Pride of the Midlands Since 1887

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts
    Thanks for that. Is it true these sh!ts were making Racist comments on the Athlone centre-forward? They should be suspended from their local club if you have any influence. Also I wouldn't mind a bit of restorative justice, they should be forced to eat all the chips they threw at ppl!
    Eric certainly got some abuse. I was pitch side, and thought it was coming from the terrace side though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i was sitting in the main stand for the first half but moved to the terrace for the second half. i would hope the terrace would be open to home supporters for most matches unless a large away crowd is expected. remember some of us like to stand at matches. a few lads were thrown out with drink from the terrace in the second half. i think the idea of stewards at mixed in with the crowd would stop this happening and therefore would encourage more families back.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by boris View Post
    i was sitting in the main stand for the first half but moved to the terrace for the second half. i would hope the terrace would be open to home supporters for most matches unless a large away crowd is expected. remember some of us like to stand at matches. a few lads were thrown out with drink from the terrace in the second half. i think the idea of stewards at mixed in with the crowd would stop this happening and therefore would encourage more families back.
    Yeah, that's what i was thinkin. I think they didn't have enough stewards on duty. Didn't see any Gardai ether which is unusual for LOI games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Yeah, that's what i was thinkin. I think they didn't have enough stewards on duty. Didn't see any Gardai ether which is unusual for LOI games
    Seen a few Gardai walking up and down in front of the main stand
    during the game and around by the chipper van pre/post match.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast