Thread: Kildare County v Crumlin United

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Kildare County v Crumlin United

A part from being Brian Kerr's and Robbie Keane's old club

Has anyone info on these guys, I'II try and dig up some.

Not a plum draw a match we should win, but better than drawing Athlone or Kilkenny in the cup, who could easily knock you out.
    Any condescension detected in this post is fully unintentional and is solely the perception of the reader. If I think you're an idiot, I'll tell you that. You won't need to intuit it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We played them in a friendly on Thursday night at Dalymount cos the scum game was postponed due to the intertoto. We won 3-1 but it was only in the second half that we showed any form, apparently they tired towards the end so your lot should have an advantage fitness-wise

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by d13bohs
    We won 3-1 but it was only in the second half that we showed any form, apparently they tired towards the end so your lot should have an advantage fitness-wise
    Can't be that bad if they only lost 3-1 to ye boyz, their season is over I think. Who's their best player? have they any former EL players?
    Any condescension detected in this post is fully unintentional and is solely the perception of the reader. If I think you're an idiot, I'll tell you that. You won't need to intuit it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    You obviously haven't seen us play this season

I don't think they have any former eL players, but I'm not sure as I wasn't able to make the game unfortunately (I got roped into helping my girlfriend move house Some people don't understand that a meaningless friendly against Crumlin on a Thursday night is far more important than moving some possessions from one house to another)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by d13bohs
    I got roped into helping my girlfriend move house Some people don't understand that a meaningless friendly against Crumlin on a Thursday night is far more important than moving some possessions from one house to another
    Life is no bed of roses

Clover Utd - Crumlin Utd 0-1 in the first round.

I say they are the same standard as Newbridge Town (very average).

If Kildare County don't brezze through to the next round it will be a disaster

What Div of the LSL are the in, did they get promoted to the Prem last season?

FAI Carlsberg Intermediate Cup Semi-final knocked out by Belgrove.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    This will be no cakewalk and has "banana skin" written all over it.

However as their season is over we must have a big advantage fitness wise.

I would have prefered the likes of Bohs / Rovers / Cork but hopefully we can save them for a later round.

It would be interesting to see what type of crowd we would get if we got Bohs or Rovers at home.

I can just imagine the security nightmare for all 5 of our stewards if Rovers came to town

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    All LSL teams that are playing in the FAI cup are back training and although their first real game will be in the cup, I've no doubt they'll play a lot more friendlies. Apparently they are a young improving side and they fancy their chances against you ( the brother of one of the lads I go to games with plays for them)
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I dunno what basis they have to fancy their chances but thats ok with me. I would love to see an away team come to station road and play open football because no one in the first division (maybe galway) has done it this year and its made for some dire viewing.

This is only our 2nd ever FAI cup game!!!!!!!!!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If we ever manage to score first at home we are going to spank some team.

I'm sure Brian Kerr will be at the match

I'd say Crumlin would be happy with a draw.

County have gone over 200 minutes without letting in a goal, which is a great sign

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    probably because all LSL teams think they're better than league teams (until they play them) and seeing as they didn't get away to Cork or something, they're happy enough. I reckon you'll beat them handily enough.

I actually though that was an impressive statistic until I realised its only two games...

Kildare might become my second team soon as i may be moving out to Newbriidge....
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    oh no not another dub in town!!!!
    ..but you will be welcome in station road all the same

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Originally posted by Countyman
    I would love to see an away team come to station road and play open football because no one in the first division (maybe galway) has done it this year and its made for some dire viewing.
    Limerick are playing some serious ball this year (ask Éanna, he's a neutral) with the exception of our very first match and the second half against Bray on Sunday. As for the non-leaguers if both teams play to the best of their ability you'll win handily enough but football being football... anything could happen.

Worried yet!
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    When I said no teams in the division were playing open football I meant when they come to Station Road.

So no offence to the ball playing teams out there who haven't visited us yet.

Lets hope Limerick do make their trip to Station Road so we can witness total football limerick style and I mean that sincerely.

Any chance of Foley staying on his feet next time?? He has won penalties in our last 2 encounters that well.....i think you know yourself....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Portmarnock. St Mochtas, Bluebell Utd have all reached the Quaters of the Cup in the last few years. Saying that their is so many non-Eircom league teams in the cup it isn't that hard to do.
    Portmarnock are a, wait for it a, junior team

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by sadloserkid
    Limerick are playing some serious ball this year (ask Éanna, he's a neutral) with the exception of our very first match and the second half against Bray on Sunday. As for the non-leaguers if both teams play to the best of their ability you'll win handily enough but football being football... anything could happen.

Worried yet!
    Yeah limerick play very nice football, but in fairnss SLK, I'm not 100% neutral. My basic philosophy is that the less miles between somewhere and Dublin, the more I hate it

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Éanna
    Yeah limerick play very nice football, but in fairnss SLK, I'm not 100% neutral. My basic philosophy is that the less miles between somewhere and Dublin, the more I hate it
    You must love the moon so Eanna

Were not the most attacking side in the world either! Still I'm a firm disciple of Keely's tatics.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Originally posted by Countyman
    Any chance of Foley staying on his feet next time?? He has won penalties in our last 2 encounters that well.....i think you know yourself....
    cough I can't imagine what you're talking about...
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Kildare County 22/1 to win the cup thats a disgrace ye wont win im putting my money on Shamrock Rovers
    CRFC On Tour 2004
    Shealy for supporter of the year 2004

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by ramsie
    Kildare County 22/1 to win the cup thats a disgrace ye wont win im putting my money on Shamrock Rovers
    I agree no value their. Limerick could suprise a few people, each way bet of course.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Home draw for County

KILDARE County were drawn at home to minnows Crumlin Utd in the second round of the FAI Cup on Monday evening. While a Premier Division club might have been desirable in terms of revenue, a good run in the competition would lead to that anyway. There are two mouth-watering ties that stand out with St Patrick’s Athletic at home to Shamrock Rovers, while Cork City will host Shelbourne.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast