Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: cork game......incident

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

cork game......incident

anyone at the game know what happened? why did pip get sent off?
    Ever get the feelin' you have been cheated?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    One of your guys seemed to fall into our dugout.
    A
    Irish by birth,
    Cork by the grace of God.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Sorry....pressed the "send" button by mistake...!

As he was being "helped" out something was either said or happened because he seemed to swing out at one of our guys.

I was directly opposite so I didn't really have a clear view but several players and staff from both camps dived in.

The ref went straight for the red so he must have seen something!!!!!!!!

By the way I was disapointed overall with ye. Too much hoofing and puffing - more intent on clocking players than playing ball.

And on the best pitch in the League you will not get a better chance - I swear the pitch is like a billard table.

Anyway, hope ye stay up we all have a soft spot for ye down here in The Peoples Republic of Cork.
    Irish by birth,

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    from where i was it looked as if tim carey the physio held onto the ball to prevent a quick throw the longford player grabbed it from him and put the ball up to his face no contact was made,a very silly red card even from a cork point of view most it deserved was a yellow card

Neil
    From where I was (The Shed) it looked as though the ball went out for a throw to Longford... it rolled into the City dugout... our physio caught it... Pip Keogh went in after it... possibly stumbled?... was pushed back out... Keogh grabbed the ball and before going to take the throw he pushed the ball into our physios face. Stupid.

@ndy
    Originally posted by Neil
    From where I was (The Shed) it looked as though the ball went out for a throw to Longford... it rolled into the City dugout... our physio caught it... Pip Keogh went in after it... possibly stumbled?... was pushed back out... Keogh grabbed the ball and before going to take the throw he pushed the ball into our physios face. Stupid.
    Nice one, good eyesight man, you must try and coordinate that with the feet next time in Bishopstown and stop those late tackles

techs
    it was a nothing incident, and yet again another disgraceful decisicion. we wouldn't have won anyway(god knows why we bothered showin up after puttin in a shameful performance like that against an average cork team) but these decisions are becoming too frequent

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    "Average Cork side"................hmmmm.

Were you actually at it?

Strange kinda comment if you were.
    We played very good football when we were not being kicked 10 feet in the air by your bouncer like midfield. Where do you get these thugs?
    Irish by birth,

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ye may have played good football but ye had very little possession in the first half and part of the second. ye are very good at creating goal chances out of nothing, where as it looks like we have to run the balll into the net. we only had one clear shot and that was a poor attempt from shane barrett. and by the way it was your physio who threw the ball at pip not the other way around, we were just beside the town duggout.