Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phil Bardsley

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think he's overrated with a big gob on him, needs to let his boots do the talking for a change, Morrison that is. As for Bardsley, he would be good cover for some of the crap that we have at the minute

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBohs View Post
    Come on. Even the most die heart fan has to admit so players only want to play for Ireland to get a few caps. Clinton Morrison , in his first spell at Crystal Palace, said it himself. If he could get in the England squad he'd play for Ireland. How can someone whose great great great grandmother came from Kildare have the same spirnt as a player born & bred in Ireland. My great great grandmother is from Poland. That doesn't mean I consider myself Polish!
    As has been stated Clinton cares a lot more than many of our home born players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    But is it not the same as an Irish person following an English club instead of an Irish club? Peolpe get stick on here all the time saying you can't be loyal to a team from another country or in a town you never lived. What's the difference between them and footballer playing for country he never lived in or visited before?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nijboyle View Post
    I think he's overrated with a big gob on him, needs to let his boots do the talking for a change, Morrison that is. As for Bardsley, he would be good cover for some of the crap that we have at the minute
    Do you watch Ireland games? Clinton always lets his boots do the talking when he don's the green. Always gives as much or more than his teammates and his dedicated to the Irish cause. An example of this can be seen where he was one of only a few senior Irish players who could be bothered to attend the U21 game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,339 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by livehead1 View Post
    An example of this can be seen where he was one of only a few senior Irish players who could be bothered to attend the U21 game.
    He was at the B game VS Scotland at Dalymount as well.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcD View Post
    I don't know what your dating routine is like but I would not like to be the 3rd choice with a girl....
    Frankly I've been further down the pecking order and gladly taken the points.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by livehead1 View Post
    Do you watch Ireland games? Clinton always lets his boots do the talking when he don's the green. Always gives as much or more than his teammates and his dedicated to the Irish cause. An example of this can be seen where he was one of only a few senior Irish players who could be bothered to attend the U21 game.

outshone Robbie on regular occasions when playing with him aswell.
    "Well I think they'll be a little disappointed with that" - Matt Holland on TV3 after 5-2 drubbing by Cyprus

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    We will see if Trap wants him back. 14 goals is a good start
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist thinks it will change; the realist adjusts the sails.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Far from a "big gob" he actually held his tongue over the last 12 months, when he could well have complained about the crap selection policy which saw him dropped.

Plenty of others were though free with their comments, such as Hunt about the non-selection of his brother.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Or Finnan complaining about being played out of position and others complaining about how long the selection took, my opinion of Morrison has gone up these last 12 months, instead of complaining about being dropped he was knuckled down and let his form do the talking like a professional should and made it very difficult for the next manager to overlook him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts
    No criticism of Clint here, sure he's got a bit of an ego but he's likeable enough.

He claims that he's found a new dedication to his football after becoming a father, let's hope he keeps having kids.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Getting back to the topic. I've only seen him play once or twice for Sunderland but I remember watching him a few times last season for Rangers and he looked very average. Solid enough but his passing wasn't great and wasn't a great threat getting forward.
    Top Breeders recommend drinkfeckarse....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,339 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drinkfeckarse View Post
    Getting back to the topic. I've only seen him play once or twice for Sunderland but I remember watching him a few times last season for Rangers and he looked very average. Solid enough but his passing wasn't great and wasn't a great threat getting forward.
    I think you can completely disregard his performances for Rangers, he didn't get along with the manager and left after a falling out with him.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Why would they be disregarded????? He played a number of competetive games for them and was average in what I saw of him.
    Top Breeders recommend drinkfeckarse....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan86 View Post
    No criticism of Clint here, sure he's got a bit of an ego but he's likeable enough.

He claims that he's found a new dedication to his football after becoming a father, let's hope he keeps having kids.
    and lets hope he sticks them on the foreign births register incase one of them takes after Tony Cascarino and becomes a good footballer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If he says he wants to play for Ireland, snap him up because he would be important to us end of

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Bardsley looks like a hatchet man to me. I've seen him a few times this season and sometimes he's very rash with his challenges. He should have been sent off Sunday for a horror challenge on Pienaar. Alot worse than Taylor on Eduardo.

He does look solid enough but still not good enough to start for Ireland

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    Bardsley looks like a hatchet man to me. I've seen him a few times this season and sometimes he's very rash with his challenges. He should have been sent off Sunday for a horror challenge on Pienaar. Alot worse than Taylor on Eduardo.

He does look solid enough but still not good enough to start for Ireland

I agree with you he should have went for tackle on Pienaar, but in his defence once he realised he missed the ball he bent his leg as much as humanly possible to lessen the impact....otherwise he would have definitely snapped Piennars leg.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12