Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still a laughing stock?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Still a laughing stock?

We're a matter of weeks away from the start of the season and we still can't field a team for the Munster Senior Cup? Jokeshop!!

Can anyone clarify for me what the situation regarding our 'manager' is? As it stands we don't have one I believe as Kerley is 'waiting to finalise some issues with the club'. This is pathetic. Who does he think he is, Alex Ferguson or Arsene Wenger. He's a failed EL Manager who has been lucky enough to be given another chance...Whats he waiting for?

I'll tell ye...he's on a short list of 3 with Tommy Barrett and Barry Ryan for an FAI Regional Development Officers job in Limerick and he's waiting to see how that goes before he agrees to anyting. Apparently you can't be an EL manager and hold one of those jobs, so he's biding his time.

Fcuk him off out of it now I say. Billy Barrett has enough badges and the respect of those young lads. Give it to him!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PinBallWizard View Post
    We're a matter of weeks away from the start of the season and we still can't field a team for the Munster Senior Cup? Jokeshop!!
    You know very well why that was the case in fairness

Can anyone clarify for me what the situation regarding our 'manager' is?
    I thought he signed the other week.

Fcuk him off out of it now I say. Billy Barrett has enough badges and the respect of those young lads. Give it to him
    I'd love if the club did this

But:

Billy Barrett has enough badges
    No he doesn't

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    lim37 just never cease to amaze me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the only 1 View Post
    lim37 just never cease to amaze me
    I'd say there's millions of things that still amaze you.......

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    saw a write up saying mike kerley had agreed to a 2 year contract with limerick. it was posted up on the limerick37 supporters bebo page.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    I think the only thing that bores me more than the constant Limerick 37 scandals these days are the Limerick 37 posters on here. Jesus PBW could you change the record for once like?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    saw a write up saying mike kerley had agreed to a 2 year contract with limerick. it was posted up on the limerick37 supporters bebo page.
    Announcing it on the "Bebo" page says it all really.

Scratch that its up on the site..
    Last edited by Green_Hoop; 19/02/2008 at 1:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    We're a matter of weeks away from the start of the season and we still can't field a team for the Munster Senior Cup? Jokeshop!!!!
    Well documented reasons for this. Stop being a prat.

Can anyone clarify for me what the situation regarding our 'manager' is? As it stands we don't have one I believe as Kerley is 'waiting to finalise some issues with the club'. This is pathetic. Who does he think he is, Alex Ferguson or Arsene Wenger. He's a failed EL Manager who has been lucky enough to be given another chance...Whats he waiting for?
    You're hiding in that big closet for too long. He signed a 2 year contract 8 days ago. Again, stop being a prat!!

Fcuk him off out of it now I say. Billy Barrett has enough badges and the respect of those young lads. Give it to him!!
    Billy is an asset to the club, and I hope he is kept on in some capacity. He is a true football man, and there are few enough of them left.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    ya it wasn't announced on the bebo site, it was just posted up there from somewhere else. Lim37 site must have been the source.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    So in answer to your question:

Still a jokeshop?

Sort of, but no more than a lot of Division one clubs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Can anyone clarify for me what the situation regarding our 'manager' is? !!
    Yes I can clarify it. Here you go.

FORMER Limerick FC supremo Mike Kerley has been appointed as manager of Limerick 37 for a two-year term.
    Kerley succeeds former Irish international Paul McGee who was sacked from the post last week after just one season in charge of 'the Blues.'
    A one-line statement on Limerick 37's official website confirmed Kerley's appointment this Thursday.
    "The board of Limerick 37 are pleased to announce the appointment of Mike Kerley as the new club manager."
    Thirty-six-year-old Kerley played in the League of Ireland for 16 years, during which time he played with Limerick FC (twice), Cork City and Kilkenny City.
    He began his managerial career with the Limerick FC under-21 side in 2002.
    Kerley was appointed manager of Limerick FC's senior side a year later and he guided the club to the First Division promotion play-offs in 2003.
    He was appointed as manager of Waterford United in December 2005, but his term at the helm ended in July 2006.
    More recently, Kerley was involved in coaching UL's Collingwood Cup side.
    The new Limerick FC manager holds UEFA A and B coaching badges and is due to receive his UEFA Pro Licence next month.
    Kerley explained that his immediate priority in the role was to finalise the make-up of his squad for next season.
    However, he stressed that his job was about more than managing the club's senior side.
    "My first job is to get everyone on a contract," Mike Kerley explained.
    "The only player who has left is Kevin Waters, who has joined Waterford United.
    "Longer term we need to ensure that players are offered contracts before the end of the season. It's only fair that players are not left waiting and wondering about where they will be playing their football the following season.
    "I plan to speak to the players in the new couple of days.
    "Limerick 37 has the nucleus of a good squad from last season.
    "But next season only one club from the First Division will be promoted to the Premier Division.
    "For a club which was founded at the start of this year, a fourth-placed finish in the league was a great achievement.
    "But if you look closely at the table, Limerick 37 finished 30 points behind the First Division champions, Cobh Ramblers. We need to make up that ground if we are to gain promotion at the end of next season.
    "But there is a lot of football talent and potential there at the moment.
    "Getting involved with Limerick 37 is a new challenge. It's a new club and new structures have to be put in place.
    "We need to improve the infrastructure within the club from a football point of view.
    "My role is not just to be the manager of the firstteam, but to help ensure that the best young players are brought through into the senior side. There are players out there with other Eircom League clubs who are waiting to hear about their situation for next season. We may snap up one or two of them as well. But it is very important that any players who come in from outside of Limerick buy in fully to the set-up. It is key that the entire squad trains together on a regular basis. We want players who are training in Limerick.
    "Beyond that, we need to put a proper football infrastructure in place. Having a good academy system at the club is key. We need to work closely with the schoolboy and junior leagues to ensure that the best young players are coming through to represent Limerick 37 at senior level. We need to get the academy up and running quickly."
    Kerley is planning to begin pre-season training with the squad on January 20 next.
    For all the latest League of Ireland news visit www.extratime.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Green_Hoop View Post
    Announcing it on the "Bebo" page says it all really.

Scratch that its up on the site..
    Ya but that article on that page was taken from an official source from within Limerick 37 and it says Kerley had signed a two year deal.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Question

I'll tell ye...he's on a short list of 3 with Tommy Barrett and Barry Ryan for an FAI Regional Development Officers job in Limerick and he's waiting to see how that goes before he agrees to anyting. Apparently you can't be an EL manager and hold one of those jobs, so he's biding his time.

You are spot on with your quote, kerley is covering all angles in case it goes belly up at limerick37.He is making no attempt to sign players.Another member of the club is doing the donkey work for him as he feels above talking to junior players.As usual kerley is looking after no. 1 again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairkop View Post
    You are spot on with your quote, kerley is covering all angles in case it goes belly up at limerick37.He is making no attempt to sign players.Another member of the club is doing the donkey work for him as he feels above talking to junior players.As usual kerley is looking after no. 1 again.
    Has he asked any Junior Players to sign. I think i read somewhere that Alan Carroll from the Boro has been asked but is there anyone else. Is their anyone in the Junior ranks up to the High standard required for LOI First Division.
    "Bath Avenue or Shelbourne" 1895

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairkop View Post

Not True. Kerley has spoken to 10 junior players in the last few weeks who he is interested in signing for Limerick. The season hasnt even started and theres people having a go and the manager already

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L37Ultra View Post
    Not True. Kerley has spoken to 10 junior players in the last few weeks who he is interested in signing for Limerick. The season hasnt even started and theres people having a go and the manager already
    Who are the 10 players
    "Bath Avenue or Shelbourne" 1895

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manalishi View Post
    Who are the 10 players

I honestly dont know all of them of the top of my head but it was one of Limerick players who told me this himself. They could be for the new A team and they could be joining when the Junior Season is over but Mike Kerley has been talking to them recently though. The ones I can remember are Alan Caroll, Keith Harttnett, Paul Cummins and Evan Quinlivan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manalishi View Post
    Is their anyone in the Junior ranks up to the High standard required for LOI First Division.
    I'm sure the fine clubs of our county have a half dozen or so between them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barryk View Post
    Signings :
    The following players have been targeted by Mike Kerley
    (as reported by their clubs)
    Alan Carroll and Ado Fitz (Boro)
    Paul Cummins and Anthony Cusack (Ashling)
    Liam Barrett and Evan Quinlivan (Wembley)
    an earlier post in the signings thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L37Ultra View Post
    Evan Quinlivan.
    Is he the lad that played left full in the second half against Galway the other night??

If so, he's very much a 21s player for the time being

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast