Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: section o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

section o

have to say well done lads the other night, section o was nearly section n and p as well there was that many of ye
    seriously though ye made savage noise and i'm sure the players apprieciated it,i know us drysh1tes on the other side did

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Wish I'd been there. Really wish I had. Well done Section O on the effort for the season too.
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Yeah lads fair play. Ye added so much to the atmosphere all season, not just the other night
    Ever get the feelin' you have been cheated?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    might not have a got along with all of the lads, but they have done the club proud for many years......Vaduz with them is something i'll never forget !!
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Whole new era of supporters there now max as well as the golden oldies

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    good to hear, Marty and co set an amazing example of support of the club.
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Was dissapointed that there was no mention of section os support during the presentation i.e supporters of the season.All of the organising buses,making banners and getting new people out to matches was alot of effort and it was clear that section os support made a difference to the teams performance,the fact that it was galway away that we got our 1st point(the first match where we organised our own bus up)

ps Me and Cabs have a massive banner on the way,watch this space...
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Power Tripping Longford Steward

totally agree bosco.
    It was bad form for neither matthews or moons to acknowledge section o in some way as the o was there 'ALL' season and its support home and away was there superb.

by the way bosco on the way in I noticed that there was certain power tripping English steward who went totally OTT with a younger fan over a horn.

When these fellas get orange jackets on and an earpiece they think
    there in a squat team and have license to do what they want.They have no interest in the game and are just there to massage their egos and engage in confrontation.

The town should be encouraging support of any sort especially coming form younger fans as they are the future support.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mullogher View Post
    t

by the way bosco on the way in I noticed that there was certain power tripping English steward who went totally OTT with a younger fan over a horn.

The town should be encouraging support of any sort especially coming form younger fans as they are the future support.

That man is a ****** of the highest order. A TOSSER if he is reading this.
    Roddy Collins, the biggest <insert as appropiate> in Irish Football.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Yeah,I know the fella your talking about,absolute ********!He was confronting one of the lads about an airhorn or something,in Dalymount the week before he told one young fan he was never allowed into Flancare again because he let off a small firework about 30 mins after the game finished,who does he think he is?Then at the start of the 2nd half the other night,one of the lads went down to the front to wave the big flag and once again this ******** goes down to stand beside him to make sure he wasnt going to hit anyone with it!And whats with standing in front of us facing us the other night,running to us incase we were going to run onto the pitch.If anything involving him again next season was to happen I would definitely complain,not that the club would listen,he may be doing for free but that doesnt mean he can do what he wants,other clubs have given out about our stewards for years and now I'm starting to see why...
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    yeh
    That ***** has been ****ing off town and away fans for years.I rememember back when we played rovers in tolka this season.A young rovers fan knocked a hat I was wearing off my head and ran with it up to stand.My self and 2 mates went after him to get the hat in the stand .however when we stepped into the stand we were serenaded with abuse from rovers fans who told us **** off and Get out(Not surprisng).One fan in particular though said: "the last time we were in longford we were told to **** off put out in the rain by a steward and threated like dogs.So **** off down to your end"

In General Town fans and the club have a good relationship with other clubs and supporters.One only has to look @ the conduct of fans @ every game and the linfield and Glentoran games were trouble could have occured if the wrong element was around but it didn't.

I wonder does the english man in the orange jacket ( in future to be referred to as the orangeman) have anything to do with the rovers fan response and are these views held by fans of other clubs ?

He's the sort of ***** that will damage the clubs image among travelling fans.

Saw the antics of him on friday night.He was a disgust.You'd swear section o had been involved in a mass riot the last time the town played in flancare,the way he was going on.
    Last edited by Mullogher; 13/11/2007 at 5:46 PM.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    Was dissapointed that there was no mention of section os support during the presentation i.e supporters of the season.All of the organising buses,making banners and getting new people out to matches was alot of effort and it was clear that section os support made a difference to the teams performance,the fact that it was galway away that we got our 1st point(the first match where we organised our own bus up)

ps Me and Cabs have a massive banner on the way,watch this space...
    agree with you on that bosco! disappointed with matthews and mooneys lack of recognition of our support as a lot of expense and effort was spent this season! i feel guilty now that section o got a special award from the supporters club three years when the numbers and quality of support was not quite the same!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Did Mathews and the whole team not come over to section o at the end of the Derry game and clap and show their appreciation? What more is required?
    Personally I go to the games to support and follow the team not to be thanked for doing it.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nipper View Post
    the man is a wnaker at the end of the day.
    what a stupid comment, if he was to mention all he would have been there for week and a half.

In my dealings with Alan i always found him honest and to the point and think some of what has been about him in recent days is out of order.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I appreciated many's the Mathews handclap during the year, but when it had sunk in that we're in the first division he wasn't long cutting us loose.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    his contract is up and he is not resigning. He made that known and did not string any one along. He also kept his mouth shut durung the season and focused on football matters which must have been very very difficult.

I remember when we won our first cup i was speaking to him and said thanks, he said no thank you. Without the fans we are nothing and can do nothing.

I was not there last weekend so i do not know exectly what he said, BUT from what i have read here he was honest and just said what he thought.

But Section O have to be looked to as a true group of supporters and have done the club proud home and abroad. Wll done all involved and looking forward to hearing yee at the cup final and next season as well.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Only reason he hasn't resigned is because managing the Town is a handy, well-paid part-time job...the like of which he can't seem to find anywhere else.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    HA HA, do you know his day job ??? he doesn't need need a part time job. He stayed because he always said he would. give the man his dues. Compare him to certain other managers in the business and he is a rare product, a man of his word.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yeah I know well how good his dayjob is...that's why he won't leave part-time football, not out of any loyalty to us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nipper View Post
    Yeah I know well how good his dayjob is...that's why he won't leave part-time football, not out of any loyalty to us.
    You sound like you have a major chip on your shoulder.

Many managers would have walked long ago given all that went on this season, he has stood with the club and will carry out his contract in full. You cant expect him to stay on in fairness. As for appreciation, what do you want? Applause from players and managers after games...you got it. Praise from other supporters throughout the season....you got it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast