Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Trapattoni appointed Ireland coach - Confirmed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Great news ( if confirmed )........just think no more sleepless nights worrying about "El Tel"
    Tact is for people who are not witty enough to be sarcastic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian View Post
    But we are still waiting on Bohs to rule the world eh!!
    Ahh ruling the world is so, 2002
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcD View Post
    Dont have a clue but its great at the Bohs games as it is just sung over and over and builds up a great atmosphere. I think a Greek side sing it too which is where the Bohs fans got it, I think, not 100 per cent sure.

I hope you will sing it this Friday night at Dalymount .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    His Italy side during the Euro 2004 qualifiers was one of the worst Italian teams I've ever seen. I wouldn't be leaping for joy at this appointment.

Then again, the alternatives were limited and I've no doubt he'll do better than your last manager.
    "Life is like a hair on a toilet seat. Sooner or later you are bound to get pi$$ed off."

"In this league, a draw is sometimes as good as a win" - Steve Morison

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    They won five and drew two and lost 1 to Wales away. and for 2002 they won six and drew two and lost none. So 1 defeat in both campaigns is not bad at all.
    In Trap we trust

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cymro View Post
    Then again, the alternatives were limited and I've no doubt he'll do better than your last manager.
    Not so sure about that. Our last manager was world class. The only way is down from there.
    My concerns are global. I reject absolutely revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method, is love. I love you Sheriff Truman.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    From Boys in Greeen website:

Brady included in Trap team

February 11, 2008

Former Ireland international Liam Brady is ready to take up a significant position in the new Republic of Ireland management team led by Italian veteran Giovanni Trapattoni.

Trapattoni is set to pen a four-year, €1.4m-per-annum deal later this week which would see him arrive as new Irish boss by the start of May.

And Brady, who was signed by Trapattoni when the Italian was Juventus boss in 1980, is set to take up a new General Manager role in the set-up.

It would see the 51-year-old Dubliner take on a position similar to that which Oliver Bierhoff, the former Germany striker, fills in the Germany national management team.

Brady is currently in charge of youth development at Barclays Premier League leaders Arsenal but would be expected to relinquish his duties in London to take up the Irish position.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    John Delaney said on the news at lunchtime that an FAI meeting has been called for Wednesday at 4:30. This is to be followed by a press conference. I'm actually beginning to think we're going to get this guy. Every now and then though I have to remind myself that it's the FAI that we're dealing with. In these darker moments I have flashes of Delaney arriving at the press conference flanked by Howard Wilkinson and Steady Eddie McGoldrick as the new dream team.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm starting to get excited by this, but the process has brought us many false dawns so far so until I see Delaney announcing it then I'll believe it.
    My concerns are global. I reject absolutely revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method, is love. I love you Sheriff Truman.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    John Delaney said on the news at lunchtime that an FAI meeting has been called for Wednesday at 4:30. This is to be followed by a press conference. I'm actually beginning to think we're going to get this guy. Every now and then though I have to remind myself that it's the FAI that we're dealing with. In these darker moments I have flashes of Delaney arriving at the press conference flanked by Howard Wilkinson and Steady Eddie McGoldrick as the new dream team.
    Know what you mean, I'm nearly afraid to post anything about this appointment in case it goes tits up.

As for Eddie, for the sheer joy on his face as he ran up to arrivals spraying champagne over all and sundry in 1993 after the Belfast match he'll always be a legend to me!!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    what if trapatoni is crap though?!
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    It'll be John Delaney's fault of course unless he's great in which case it was all down to Ray Houghton and Liam Brady

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Great story about Gentile here actually, probably an urban myth but funny nonetheless!

There are many humorous stories involving Gentile within the footballing world. One is that during the Ballon d'Or (European Footballer of the Year) awards ceremony in the late 1970s English centre forward Kevin Keegan was announced as the winner. As Keegan walked towards the host to collect his award he passed the seat where Gentile was sitting. As Keegan walked past Gentile is reported to have stuck out his foot and tripped up Keegan. As Keegan was getting to his feet Gentile reputedly whispered into his ear, "You wouldn't have won any award if I had been marking you".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    we can't be any worse than the last campaign.......or can we?
    "If God had meant football to be played in the air, he'd have put grass in the sky." Brian Clough.

You'll NEVER beat the Irish.......you'll just draw with us instead!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Trap with Brady and Gentille is as good a management team as we could have hoped for and a lot better than we expected. Bring it on, we will be organised no doubt. What do they say you cant make a silk purse out of a sows ear, but we dont have a sows ear of a team and we dont expect a silk purse.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Paul is already starting his 'Trapatoni Out' campaign.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    On that note I would be wary of offering him a 4 year contract. We were caught out with this with Staunton and ended up having to buy him out of his contract. Also, he is nearly 69 years of age which I think is an issue if they are thinking of offering a 4 year deal. A two year contract is enough. If both parties are happy to renegotiate after that time, then fine. Having said this, if he states that a four year deal is necessary in order for him to take the job, then I'd say ok, a four year deal it is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker1982 View Post
    we can't be any worse than the last campaign.......or can we?
    Put it this way...our new manager has managed, and been successful with AC Milan, Juventus, Bayern Munich, and Inter Milan...
    While our old boss is now assistant cone-man at a Coca Cola League One side.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumcondra 69er View Post
    Great story about Gentile here actually, probably an urban myth but funny nonetheless!

There are many humorous stories involving Gentile within the footballing world. One is that during the Ballon d'Or (European Footballer of the Year) awards ceremony in the late 1970s English centre forward Kevin Keegan was announced as the winner. As Keegan walked towards the host to collect his award he passed the seat where Gentile was sitting. As Keegan walked past Gentile is reported to have stuck out his foot and tripped up Keegan. As Keegan was getting to his feet Gentile reputedly whispered into his ear, "You wouldn't have won any award if I had been marking you".

Does anyone know if he can speak English.
    In Trap we trust

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    ya exactly paulie, i think that he might be using that stance as barter alright. see him into his twilight years. Though he hasn't really done anything on the international scene he is prolly relishing the prospect of managing us. But the FAi should try to limit it to a 2 year contract and then afterwards if all goes well then renew it for another 2 years, instead of paying him off or anything like that if things dont go well.....
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast