Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WSCAI College Soccer

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

WSCAI College Soccer

UL played Sligo in a v v v ill tempered affair last Wed...

Game ended up 2-2, Sligo winning 2-1 with 10mins left with an absolute screamer of an equaliser from Kacey O' Driscoll with a 30yard volley!! Some of actions of Sligo players an absolute disgrace and the ref was even worse

As far as i know UL have to get one point from final 3 games to win the league...something they haven't done in 7 years!

The biterness between teams in the league this year is sure to make a very volatile and entertaining intervarsities tournament! No nice talk between any teams any more!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    nearly right, 1st title in 5 yrs!!!
    "as always i will be focused on coaching and training my team" Rafa B

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Anyone know if there are any matches being played this week? Also could someone put up the address of the wscai website so I could look at future fixtures. When and where are the intervarsities on this year?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    intervarsities on in UCC think first weekend in April

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Intervarsities on in Cork this year, hosts UCC. Playing in those fields called 'the farm' i think its called!! They are on the 3/4/5 April this year, a lil later than normal.

I could give you the address of the WSCAI but it hasn't been updated in about a year...v poor! But here it is anyway....www.wscai.com

And UL V WIT 2morow at 2.30pm in UL for last game of the league for home team!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    you seem fairly well conencted with UL, 37Beour. Any chance you know the score from the UL - NUIG game a few weeks back? Its really annoying that the WSCAI haven't updated the webpage in 6 months

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Jaws, if i remember correctly i think UL beat NUIG either 5-0 or 5-1 cant be 2 sure but they def put 5 past NUIG.

NUIG were missing Meabh De Burca and Niamh Fahey also on the day due to International commitments!

And ya the WSCAI site is a joke, cant figure out where any teams are in table or of points etc, very frustrating!!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    They've been missing the two of them for most of the season, from what I hear.

I wonder if last year's webmaster is still on the committee. If he's not involved anymore it might explain why the site isn't being updated.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ya they have missed the majority of matches this year. But i think they will be back for the intervarsities in April so NUIG should be a dark horse for the title that weekend!!

Somehow id say the webmaster is gone....now the league tables are blank on the site with all team on 0 points!!! What the ??!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool

anyone notice that website maintainance for the womens game is cat nationwide?? im not aware of too many sites that have accurate fixtures and results, announcements....

ul and waterford today, bit of a joke, 14-0 to ul. wit only had 8 players. should they be applauded for being brave enough to turn up, where the fiine for walkover would be same as bus charge,or should team be penalised for this, as its poor...

obviously the season is nearly over, no point being so worried about tables etc. just an idea, 37B why dont you get onto a2zsoccer and run wscai webs next season??

or ask someone who will...

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 37Beour View Post
    Ya they have missed the majority of matches this year. But i think they will be back for the intervarsities in April so NUIG should be a dark horse for the title that weekend!!
    I doubt it. My money's on UL unless Sligo decide they have something to prove after losing the league title. And there's always a dark horse from Division one (actually, last year there was two)

And as for WIT turning up with 8, the Premier Division has unfortunately been a two horse race for too many years.....

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 37Beour View Post
    I could give you the address of the WSCAI but it hasn't been updated in about a year...v poor! But here it is anyway....www.wscai.com
    Looks like recent results on the website now. Ne result from challenge cup final? Ucd V DIT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeez View Post
    Looks like recent results on the website now. Ne result from challenge cup final? Ucd V DIT
    UCD on 2-1 in extra time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Foot.ie!

Was at the cup final last night. UCD beat DIT 2-1 after extra time. It was a good game, end to end for a time. UCD went ahead early in 2nd half, DIT made it 1-1 with about 12 mins to go and the winner was scored a minute into 2nd half of extra time.
    The Belfield Bowl is a nice venue(fair bit of sand on pitch due to rugby). I believe that this was the 1st competitive match to be played on the pitch.

A few of things made me laugh at the match:

1) UCD manager getting sent off in the second half,(does this mean he will serve a toucline ban at the Intervarsities in Cork??) I was there he didn't say anything to get sent off!! I would appeal so he dosn't get a ban for the biggest tournament in WSCAI.
    2) Was in earshot of I believe the secretary of UCD. She screamed at the ref for a DIT player time wasting, with the score 1-1 and the player limping to get the ball after a tackle by ucd player!
    3) UCD captain's speech at the end......exactly what I had expected!!
    4) Members of UCD with buckets collecting money for their team before the match were they taking the p**s or what?
    There were a couple of other incidents too but I couldn't........

Anyway enjoyed the match, good advertisement for the womens' game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Just read a copy of the WSCAI rules and UCD manager is not suspended for intervarsites. They don't carry the sending off into the tournament.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    At the game last night too. It was freezing so fair play to both teams playing for so long!! Pitch was very big too so no wonder both teams had players getting cramps!!

I suppose what I was disappointed with was lack of organisation which i suppose once again is a matter to do with the disinterest of the WSCAI in their own league!!

1. Ref was bout half an hour late!!
    2. He didnt inspect players before the match!! Most of them were wearing jewellry!
    3. When the coach was sent off he was still sitting in the stands. As far as I know you have to leave altogether!! So im pretty sure there was a call to his team on speakerphone at the break!!
    4. The WSCAI could have a least made a photocopy of a sheet with a wee bit of onfo on the clubs....its a cup final for gods sake!! Both teams worked hard to get there!!
    5. Neither team were presented with medals at the 'presentation'. This is disappointing! Wonder if they will actually get any at all!!
    6. A UCD player who shall remain namesless kicked a DIT player while she was on the ground having already been tackled by another. Thats just knackery!!
    7. I also noticed those collection buckets........is there not some law against that? I personally wouldnt count a University as a charity!

I cant agree more with the previous posts about the WSCAI. They are an utter joke. I have never come across anyone who works within it who has done anything to improve it. There is very little evidence of them doing anything other than making a dire fixture list and sending letters to clubs telling them they have fines to pay!! Clubs have to organise their own refs!!! I bet the mens college league does not have to do this. I bet they would get a sponsored kit for a cup final. I bet they would have a proper programme, announcer and proper presentation.......

Ill stop now. Sure you all know yourselves how bad they are!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Olegunnar-

Don't have the time to do such a job on the website, im already up to my eyeballs with other projects. And im not being smart but shouldn't it be a member of WSCAI committee to do such a thing rather than a non member....

Ya was at the UL game...i applaud WIT for turning up...they took such a battering in good spirit in fairness. its a sad state of affairs that a team travel with 8 players to prevent being fined.

For the top goal scorer accolade it was a big day on Wed...with Jenny Critchely of UL beating Emma Mullins of Sligo IT by just a couple of goals to win it i think. Jenny put 9 passed WIT and Emma put 5 past NUIG which is a massive haul for both girls in itself. Class players and congrats to both for a good season!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    hey 37B,

im merely saying that the wscai connittee aren't obviously in a position to keep it up to date, and a volunteer would prob be better, and as is said sometimes, when u want something done right, do it yourself!

or find someone...

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I now can't seem to get into the wscai site...any one know why and if there is a replacement site?

Anyone got any news on squads for IV's?

I think Galway are struggling to put a side together and UL are struggling bigtime with injuries, with alot at physios!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smokescreen!!

37-B, there is no way ul are struggling,wait and see, 18-22 players as always. they are going down to win the thing and are one of the few colleges that take it serious

i could believe u about galway, but no shock when ul have full squad down there...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast